Thread: These shops ? black sheeps? how much for a 43mm Lens cap?

Default These shops ? black sheeps? how much for a 43mm Lens cap?

today was a rainy day aint it? haha went ard walking !! then i happen to be in Marina area, then went down to Peinsular (dun know how to spell) and wanted to take a look !!

Suddenly i got the urge to get a 43mm Lens cap, but those Reputatable shops are closed today (too rich ? lolz) so i went to one of the shop along the walkway with Cathay photo. Asked for a 43mm lens cap, but the shop keep don't seems to understand my need... -.-" then finally gotten what i want, went to another store, and came up with a very very old 43mm lens cap (looks cheap) then i asked him to quote me a price... he say $38 ! i was thinking, huh ? a lens cap sooo expensive mahz ? (can anyone confirm this?) then he say what price i was looking for ? i was lost for words, then he say "take you as friend, $10 off lahz?" i there lan lan ..... haha... does these stores sell things sooo expensively ? anyone been buying things from them b4 ? the other shop that uncle like see me not happy sia.... -.-" nv quoted my $15 bucks... EndEd up empty-hand went home...

Just wanted to share and look for opinions !! Shops in Singapore selling photography stuffs all except afew better ones are sooo ?

You have something to rejoice for. You didn't buy it and you have one very good reminder to not go back to that shop again.

wah $38 for a lens cap!!

Not so sure about the pricing but got mine 55mm lens cap for less then $10
    but not at penisula.

its cost is about $10 ... what $38 ? cap for 113mm? ha ha.. what a joke! no wonder they have to open on sundays too ! no business for sure on weekdays!
    Last edited by GENO; 25th October 2004 at 12:57 AM.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Lightbulb

Those camera shops, those selling electronic goods with good frontage opposite Peninsula hotel and those along the corridor with CP, please stay away unless you want to be 'chopped'. Not forgetting those in Peninsula shopping centre. excluding Ruby Photo, TCW lah!

I suspect that these shops are for tourists. Those in the know will avoid them like plague.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 24th October 2004 at 09:38 PM.

These shops come and go, and some remain. About 5 years ago I wanted some silica gel for my dry box. I went to a shop at the corner of peninsula plaza near the entrance, and asked. The guy was munching his mee goreng and didn't bother. I asked again and he said $8 or something like that. I said OK since I really needed it. He didn't respond. I asked him again, and he said "no stock now, come tomorrow". I just walked inside peninsula and picked up a box for $3.50 from Konota. I have avoided these shops since then. Most of them are tourist traps out to rip you off.

38mm if its a centre grip cap for like 100odd mm i still can accept haha.

haha.. ya lor... i avioding them liao lor... coz i tot, the pricing was like too high le...
    Anyway, i posted it here so to let others know abt it too, not to be 'choppEd'.

replied soo late coz no internet access as away.. hehee.

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    .....I went to a shop at the corner of peninsula plaza near the entrance, and asked. The guy was munching his mee goreng and didn't bother. I asked again and he said $8 or something like that. I said OK since I really needed it. He didn't respond. I asked him again, and he said "no stock now, come tomorrow"......
    The moral of the story is:

"Don't ask a camera shop salesman to serve you if he is eating"

"A hungry salesman is a lazy salesman"?

"You can't eat and sell at the same time"?