Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon
    It seems like i have a lot of things to learn, i thought i have learned quick a lot. But i didnt know that im so far away from everything. I think a make a mistake by selling my sony DSLR item. Should i use back my A290L and my emoblitz flash light to continue taking picture with it or i should switch camp??
    If u ask me, I will tell u to use Sony. Your A290 has more better features than other models in it's class. No point jumping camp here and there. U don't even understand your equipment totally. Use A290 until u achieved the limits of the model.

U can try out Minolta lenses...

Default Re: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    It seems like i have a lot of things to learn, i thought i have learned quick a lot. But i didnt know that im so far away from everything. I think a make a mistake by selling my sony DSLR item. Should i use back my A290L and my emoblitz flash light to continue taking picture with it or i should switch camp??
    Jump camp but nothing learned = same result, loss of $$$.

Join a Sony outing, there's a Punggol outing coming up soon, and maybe a TCSS kopi chat at Funan area on wednesday.
    Alpha

case closed. but there's no point to go back to the A290. psychology will ensure that after a little while you'll hate it. go for the A55 or the any of the upcoming SLT models slated to be released soon.

i dont seems to quite like my sony dslr because my dad buy it for me as it is the cheapest dslr. i see my friend using canon dslr taking such a nice and sharp image but i use my sony dslr and take picture it seems to be quite noisy and i dont love noisy picture.

Should i invest more on my sony dslr which buy better lens and take picture with it??

i dont seems to quite like my sony dslr because my dad buy it for me as it is the cheapest dslr. i see my friend using canon dslr taking such a nice and sharp image but i use my sony dslr and take picture it seems to be quite noisy and i dont love noisy picture.

Should i invest more on my sony dslr which buy better lens and take picture with it??
    hmm.. why not you go Wisma Atria Sony and try out those expansive pro lens. if the pic still noisy and not sharp...
    then i guess.. the problem might not be the camera.....

(regarding noise..did you check your ISO?)
    Last edited by TWmilkteaTW; 17th October 2011 at 07:01 PM.

U must see what lens yr friends are using, and also what camera models they are using. If they r using MK II, how to compare with A290?

Yes aA290 is a basic model, so manage your own expectations. But add in a good lens, it can do wonders that higher range models can do.

But first, u must improve your skills.... Skills lousy, give you a MK II, you will still produce lousy noisy photos

cheapest doesn't mean that it is lousy, it may be just that Nikon and Canon are spending too much money on advertising and therefore expensive :P all the brands are equally good if use them properly.

are you comparing the same photo taken under same conditions, any post processing done to the photo? try taking a same photo with your friend's canon at the same time, using the exact same settings and conditions? i bet there will be not much differences, of cause the ISO performance and the color rendition straight out of camera etc is different between cameras, know your camera's limit and you can make the best out of it.

The thread here is worth a mention.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/stree...neography.html
    Taken by a camera lousier than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    hmm.. why not you go Wisma Atria Sony and try out those expansive pro lens. if the pic still noisy and not sharp...
    then i guess.. the problem might not be the camera.....

(regarding noise..did you check your ISO?)
    Hmm my iso is always below 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    U must see what lens yr friends are using, and also what camera models they are using. If they r using MK II, how to compare with A290?

Yes aA290 is a basic model, so manage your own expectations. But add in a good lens, it can do wonders that higher range models can do.

But first, u must improve your skills.... Skills lousy, give you a MK II, you will still produce lousy noisy photos
    my friend is using a canon 600d and a kit lens (18-135). I am looking at 24-70mm f2.8 lenses in all brand. And decided to buy 1 if i stay or jump into either camp. But canon 1 seems to be cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    cheapest doesn't mean that it is lousy, it may be just that Nikon and Canon are spending too much money on advertising and therefore expensive :P all the brands are equally good if use them properly.

are you comparing the same photo taken under same conditions, any post processing done to the photo? try taking a same photo with your friend's canon at the same time, using the exact same settings and conditions? i bet there will be not much differences, of cause the ISO performance and the color rendition straight out of camera etc is different between cameras, know your camera's limit and you can make the best out of it.
    yep, i compare it when taking the same object and the same mode is set, i use the manual mode and iso all that is the same as my friend. But my friend 1 seems to be slightly sharper than my.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    The thread here is worth a mention.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/stree...neography.html
    Taken by a camera lousier than yours.
    i didnt say my camera is lousy nor referring to my camera isn't good.

my friend is using a canon 600d and a kit lens (18-135). I am looking at 24-70mm f2.8 lenses in all brand. And decided to buy 1 if i stay or jump into either camp. But canon 1 seems to be cheapest.
    It's also the softest, and has no VR. The Sony one is the sharpest, and you have built-in IS.

yep, i compare it when taking the same object and the same mode is set, i use the manual mode and iso all that is the same as my friend. But my friend 1 seems to be slightly sharper than my.
    That actually does make some sense - the A290 is a competitor for the Canon 1000D, the A500/550 series (massively better ISO) are fighting with the 600D. FYI, currently the Sony sensors (also used in Nikon, Pentax, etc) have the best ISO performance.
    Alpha

Hmm my iso is always below 800.

i didnt say my camera is lousy nor referring to my camera isn't good.
    Your friend 600D is a higher range model than A290 lah. Like what another bro said, 600D is comparable to Sony A500/550. Of course the quality is better lah.

Cannot compare A290 with 600D.

Obviously A500/550 performs better than A290, and does 600D. So no fault of your A290. I'm using a330 and I don't expect it to perform about 600D or 500/550.

600D ISO performance is better than A290, that's for sure. So that's why yr friend's pics look better. I think it can go up to 6400, without suffering much noise.

What u can do is to get a faster lens; Minolta or Tamron or sigma. The advantage of Sony is u can use Minolta lens; beercan and all that. Famous for it's sharpness and colour.

Many canon or nikon users like Sony colours and contrasts, if that can help you to feel better.

Pls compare apple to apple. Before you decide to jump ship.. i guess you need to read up more and find out more and not just by looking at your own pic and other pple's pic. All brands are capable to produce great pic but different brand have different advantage and might work alittle differently. Lastly if you are not good enough.. dosent matter what brand you use or what model you use..your pic will still look bad. no offense but its the truth..

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Pls compare apple to apple. Before you decide to jump ship.. i guess you need to read up more and find out more and not just by looking at your own pic and other pple's pic. All brands are capable to produce great pic but different brand have different advantage and might work alittle differently. Lastly if you are not good enough.. dosent matter what brand you use or what model you use..your pic will still look bad. no offense but its the truth..
    Let TS change camp and be on a wild Goose chase. He will realize in the end, he wasted his efforts on chasing after a 'perfect' photo.....

LOL too many newbies thinking that a camera gets the picture done right.

everyone wants the easy way out... and forget what Thomas Alva Edison said:

"Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration" and "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Case officially close for me. As i decided to use my camera first as i am a student and my job now is to study. Thanks guys for all the encouragement and lecture that given to me. Frankly speaking some of those lecture* hurt me. =(

Case officially close for me. As i decided to use my camera first as i am a student and my job now is to study. Thanks guys for all the encouragement and lecture that given to me. Frankly speaking some of those lecture* hurt me. =(
    Those lectures are sometimes the most valuable...
    Alpha

Since u r still young, there's something u need to learn; "the truth always hurts"

In life, some truths will hurt u. That's a reality. In school, teachers are nice to u, classmates and friends are nice to you.

When u come out to work, don't expect yr boss and colleagues to be nice to you. They will tell you off and sonetimes it's for your good coz u made some mistakes. Don't expect them to sayang you.

Honestly, I find the young gen are too overly protected. They have never been criticized before. Strawberry generation.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Since u r still young, there's something u need to learn; "the truth always hurts"

In life, some truths will hurt u. That's a reality. In school, teachers are nice to u, classmates and friends are nice to you.

When u come out to work, don't expect yr boss and colleagues to be nice to you. They will tell you off and sonetimes it's for your good coz u made some mistakes. Don't expect them to sayang you.

Honestly, I find the young gen are too overly protected. They have never been criticized before. Strawberry generation.
    Ya l0r... yesterday i go work as event for 1 day only. The supervisor anyhow release anger at her subordinate .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345