Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Default Re: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    i did compare at the lcd screen. the canon colour look more natural , nikon colour look abit fake.
    What do you guys think?? is there a big different from both of the brand when taking raw pictures??
    Never judge based on the rear LCD.

If you really want to know, look at the professionally-done reviews and comparisons like on DPReview.
    Alpha

To TS:

I have had both 60D and D7000 and tested them side by side with the same Sigma 17-50 F2.8 lens (yes, I got the same lens for both mount as well) for a period of time. Here's what I can share:

60D vs D7000

Colours - Cooler (more natural esp skin tones) vs too warm for my liking (a bit fake for skin tones)
    Metering - More accurate vs always overexpose by 2/3 to 1 stop
    ISO - Can be quite noisy at ISO3200 vs still quite clean at ISO3200 (However, no difference from ISO100-1600)
    Continuous burst - Almost similar 5.3fps vs 6fps
    Buffer size - Almost unlimited vs Probably can only shoot up to 2-3s and it goes to 1fps
    Focus speed and accuracy - Same for both (but when using kit lenses like 18-135 and 18-105, Canon lens focuses faster and more accurate)
    Body built quality - Similar I would say, can't really tell 60D is made of plastic as it is really well built
    LCD screen - Canon tilting screen is more useful and has higher resolution, looks better too
    Shutter lag - Nikon is better, almost can't feel any shutter lag
    Video - Canon is better, period.
    Price - $1300 vs $1600

All in all, I would say I will go for 60D if I am given choice again to buy only one of them. (esp so if you intend to keep the system in longer run since you can always extend the warranty to 3yrs with Canon SGP)

In lens department, I somehow feel that Canon lenses are more affordable and value for money. Even their lower end lenses with AF Motor focus very fast. Nikon lenses AF motor in comparison feels slow and only those lenses more than 1k have better AF motor.

But I would also suggest to go try out A77 before deciding since 60D and D7000 are in market for more than 1 year and stocks are always available. However for Canon and Nikon, their new mid range bodies 7D2 and D400 might be coming soon...
    Last edited by Ouverture; 13th October 2011 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    Buffer size - Almost unlimited vs Probably can only shoot up to 2-3s and it goes to 1fps
    Sure or not?

60D:
    JPEG: 5.3 fps for 44 frames, then around 1 fps. 18 seconds to recover.
    RAW: 5.3 fps for 16 frames, then around 0.66 fps. 21 seconds to recover.
    RAW+JPEG 5.3 fps for 13 frames, then around 0.5 fps. 22 seconds to recover.

D7000:
    JPEG (Fine): 6 fps for 22 frames, then 2 frames at 3fps captured every second (approx) up to 100 frames in total. Approx 10 seconds to recover.
    JPEG (Normal): 6fps for 32 frames, then 4 frames at 4fps (approx) followed by 2-3 frames at 5fps (approx) up to 100 frames. Approx 10 seconds to recover.
    RAW: 6 fps for 10 frames, then 2 frames at 2fps captured every 2-3 seconds. 16 seconds to recover.
    RAW+ JPEG (Fine): 6 fps for 10 frames, then around 0.5 fps. Approx 22 seconds to recover.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Sure or not?

60D:
    JPEG: 5.3 fps for 44 frames, then around 1 fps. 18 seconds to recover.
    RAW: 5.3 fps for 16 frames, then around 0.66 fps. 21 seconds to recover.
    RAW+JPEG 5.3 fps for 13 frames, then around 0.5 fps. 22 seconds to recover.

D7000:
    JPEG (Fine): 6 fps for 22 frames, then 2 frames at 3fps captured every second (approx) up to 100 frames in total. Approx 10 seconds to recover.
    JPEG (Normal): 6fps for 32 frames, then 4 frames at 4fps (approx) followed by 2-3 frames at 5fps (approx) up to 100 frames. Approx 10 seconds to recover.
    RAW: 6 fps for 10 frames, then 2 frames at 2fps captured every 2-3 seconds. 16 seconds to recover.
    RAW+ JPEG (Fine): 6 fps for 10 frames, then around 0.5 fps. Approx 22 seconds to recover.
    I dont have cameras to test it now, but when using them, i have the same experience as per the video below by cameralabs.

how often u'll burst???

Quote Originally Posted by tuwinkk
    how often u'll burst???
    Not often and its not the only criteria i mentioned above if you hv read it.

When buying a body is so jialat.... as i cant decide which body to go to and which camp i should go. Formerly i am from sony ( using a290L). Dont really like it as i prefer half frame body and i dislike the slow auto focus of the body. Any suggestion on which camp and body i should go for?? The camera shop people suggested me 60D. And i m planning to get a 24-70mm f2.8 lens after the body.

Can't say for other brands, but for canon, (IIRC) 7D seems to be faster at AF than 60D.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon
    When buying a body is so jialat.... as i cant decide which body to go to and which camp i should go. Formerly i am from sony ( using a290L). Dont really like it as i prefer half frame body and i dislike the slow auto focus of the body. Any suggestion on which camp and body i should go for?? The camera shop people suggested me 60D. And i m planning to get a 24-70mm f2.8 lens after the body.
    Sony slow auto focus??? Are u sure??

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Be aware though that amongst the 24-70 2.8 lenses, the Canon has reviewed the WORST by quite a margin.

Again, you get what you pay for...
    same goes for the 60D in the league of Semi-Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Sony slow auto focus??? Are u sure??
    i not sure , when i m doing macro photography it's take very long to focus the correct insect and sometimes can't.

i not sure , when i m doing macro photography it's take very long to focus the correct insect and sometimes can't.
    The trick is manual focus....
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

In this case, it's not the brand's fault.... What lens were u using for macro?

Like what fellow below said, the trick is manual focus.

Other brands also the same thing. It won't be any better.

In fact, Sony is the fastest AF u can find..... Other brands can be worse, depending on what lens and the model.

It depends a lot on the lens for AF also, not only the body

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    The trick is manual focus....
    Oo, but what if i cant get the right focus point?
    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    In this case, it's not the brand's fault.... What lens were u using for macro?

Like what fellow below said, the trick is manual focus.

Other brands also the same thing. It won't be any better.

In fact, Sony is the fastest AF u can find..... Other brands can be worse, depending on what lens and the model.
    i am using tamron 70-300mm telephoto lens with macro mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    It depends a lot on the lens for AF also, not only the body
    Waaa, i sold my sony thingy already , now only left A290L body with lens and external flash. T_T

Oo, but what if i cant get the right focus point?

Waaa, i sold my sony thingy already , now only left A290L body with lens and external flash. T_T
    The point is u must know your equipment before coming to any conclusion.

What if u can't focus with manual focus, then what makes u think u can get it right with canon or nikon?

Yr Tamron lens may have focusing problem.....

With the shallow DOF in macro, it is hard for the camera to judge focus, that is why AF is indecisive and slow.
    Use MF. It will be a problem on any system.

I think TS needs to understand the concept of depth of field and focusing distance before going on further. Manual focus is abt tuning a certain distance from ur view, with a certain amount of depth, into focus, while all others out of the depth, will be out of focus.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Aiyoo, that's not even a "real" macro lens. It's not a sharp lens either.

I think you're putting the blame on the wrong tool. If you get a Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc, all will have the same problem: It's behind the camera.

You'll just waste a lot of money changing systems.

FYI, Sony DSLRs are usually rated top for AF speed and even accuracy. But for Macro, manual focus is the best. It will take practice to get it right.
    Alpha

It seems like i have a lot of things to learn, i thought i have learned quick a lot. But i didnt know that im so far away from everything. I think a make a mistake by selling my sony DSLR item. Should i use back my A290L and my emoblitz flash light to continue taking picture with it or i should switch camp??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast