Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Default Re: Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

Quote Originally Posted by JinG14 View Post
    u can go to youtube and search for it... digitalrevtv did compare both of them.. d7k did win 60d in that review..
    I think you are referring to this..

Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Well... by just looking at spec and without the input of any photographer's skills and capability, this is what I get,

Nikon D7000 win in almost any aspect of the camera... it is lighter, had autofocus in movie mode, could handle noise better (having larger sensor), magnesium alloy body - making it weather proof, more sophisticated AF system, etc, etc. 60D is good because it had a vari-angle LCD, and higher resolution - 18MP vs D7000's 16++ MP.

But in actual application, they matched each other pretty well in term of image quality and stuff like that. I have friends that would swear by their 60D and I have friends that would stand by their D7000. I have seen excellent photos from each camera and I have seen shitty ones too. In either way, without the input of the photographer behind the camera, both 60D and D7000 are just expensive junks.

And this speaks for all brands of cameras too...

So finally, TS would have to play around with the cameras... and only use those that he felt most comfortable with, rather than keep jumping ships...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Thank you for all the inputs, advise and comments. Base on some comments, I'll give my self another 3 months to re-learn with current Pentax and see whether I'm comfortable with it or not. I do know that the main factor of good photo is on photographer.... but sometimes with the help of equipment will make photographer's life easier

Btw, I submitted one of my photo to Critique Corner and hope to get constructive C&C to improve myself from all. Thanks again....
    Last edited by supercool; 3rd October 2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Sony a6300
    E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS : E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS : E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS

yes, camera and lenses are just tools,

you should spend your time and money master your tools, instead of searching the ultimate tool of the world.

the more cameras you change, the less money you left.

anyway, photographers' life is so much easy nowadays, just 40 years ago, most cameras have no auto focus, no auto winder, no auto loading, no auto exposure mode, no zoom lenses, average meter reading, does that imply there is no great master photographers before that?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

After getting some C&C at Critique Corner, I realize and conclude that I need to learn on composition, lighting and so on before I decide to change camera. Thanks for all the valuable advise giving to me.....
    Sony a6300
    E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS : E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS : E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS

Get Sony SLT and all its Carl zeiss line up. Haha. Instant photo preview on the EVF. Just kidding... xD

Quote Originally Posted by supercool View Post
    Thank you for all the inputs, advise and comments. Base on some comments, I'll give my self another 3 months to re-learn with current Pentax and see whether I'm comfortable with it or not. I do know that the main factor of good photo is on photographer.... but sometimes with the help of equipment will make photographer's life easier

Btw, I submitted one of my photo to Critique Corner and hope to get constructive C&C to improve myself from all. Thanks again....
    just stay with the pentax you have now. It will cost you a lot more if you keep changing between brand.

composition and lighting is something that you actively define, observe and act upon and nothing to do with having better lenses.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Any camera will over or under expose in different situations. That is why there is an exposure compensation button on every camera.
    Learn to use your camera well, not blame it for not taking better photos for you.

Edutilos (formerly Night86Mare) used a K20D for many of his nice landscape photos here.

This guy shoots for big fashion magazines (Vanity Fair; Harpers Bazzar) with a K20.
    http://www.benjaminkanarek.com/Home.html

I saw your photo on C&C.
    As already pointed out there, a lot of it has to do with technique and composition.
    Just keep learning and trying.
    Just don't blame the camera.

i need some suggestion too. i am thinking of this 2.

Canon:i am impressed by canon because of the screen and the L lenses. The price of those lenses is kinda cheaper than nikkor lenses by abit

Nikon: i am impressed by Nikon because of the Iso, Good IQ, 39Af points, Dual SD Cards. But you gotta to pay for a higher price for the lenses .

60D ergonomic is better. though I am a ex D7000 user.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    i need some suggestion too. i am thinking of this 2.

Canon:i am impressed by canon because of the screen and the L lenses. The price of those lenses is kinda cheaper than nikkor lenses by abit

Nikon: i am impressed by Nikon because of the Iso, Good IQ, 39Af points, Dual SD Cards. But you gotta to pay for a higher price for the lenses .
    If you are impressed by the Canon screen, then you should try the screen of other brands too. :P

Seriously, if your mind is already set on these 2, then have you actually gone to the shops and tried them out? You need to decide for yourself which has the better ergonomics for you.
    Alpha

1 month ago, I had the same prob as TS. I went to Best/Courts to try out both cams.

To me, I do not need a rugged body (as I don't go hiking and stuff). So I was giving 2nd thoughts.
    As for Canon 60D, I know 1 feature that attracted me was the swivel LCD screen. This is needed when in some situations, I need a high angle shop.

Comparing both, the bodies suit my hand size.

On top of that, lenses and accessories wise, I know those brands have almost the same range.
    But as I mentioned I need the swivel screen so I chose Canon 60D instead of Nikon.

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    1 month ago, I had the same prob as TS. I went to Best/Courts to try out both cams.

To me, I do not need a rugged body (as I don't go hiking and stuff). So I was giving 2nd thoughts.
    As for Canon 60D, I know 1 feature that attracted me was the swivel LCD screen. This is needed when in some situations, I need a high angle shop.

On top of that, lenses and accessories wise, I know those brands have almost the same range.
    But as I mentioned I need the swivel screen so I chose Canon 60D instead of Nikon.
    For me I preferred the menu of the Canon, so I got it. The Nikon's menu was too complicated for me, since I'm switching over from Sony.
    I also like Canon's range of lenses more than Nikon, though some of their lenses are so expensive :P (Canon's 28mm 1.8 compared with Nikon's 35mm 1.8).

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post

i rather invest on a nikon d7k unless video taking is my priority for a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineX View Post
    i rather invest on a nikon d7k unless video taking is my priority for a DSLR.
    So you rather invest on a nikon d7k if your are not taking video.

i dont take video on my dslr but i find nikon lens abit unreasonable as they are slightly expensive than canon L lenses

So you rather invest on a nikon d7k if your are not taking video.

i dont take video on my dslr but i find nikon lens abit unreasonable as they are slightly expensive than canon L lenses
    Quality comes with a price... Welcome to the world of DSLR cameras.

That being said, it's inaccurate to make a blanket statement like that, as it goes back and forth depending on the lens.
    Alpha

I am still using the D200 for some years now and really interested to upgrade. Considering changing to 60D as the review are great! Really impress by the sample photo that I have seen so far. But already have many accessories from Nikon.

Any advice from anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetee
    I am still using the D200 for some years now and really interested to upgrade. Considering changing to 60D as the review are great! Really impress by the sample photo that I have seen so far. But already have many accessories from Nikon.

Any advice from anyone?
    I advise you against that idea... If you can't wait for the next upgrade in line, get a D300s/D700.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Quality comes with a price... Welcome to the world of DSLR cameras.

That being said, it's inaccurate to make a blanket statement like that, as it goes back and forth depending on the lens.
    To me , i look at the lens more than the body. As i like canon lens but not the body. Nikon body look well for me but not the lens because im thinking of getting a 24-70mm f2.8 lens and Nikon is slightly expenisve by $400 .

To me , i look at the lens more than the body. As i like canon lens but not the body. Nikon body look well for me but not the lens because im thinking of getting a 24-70mm f2.8 lens and Nikon is slightly expenisve by $400 .
    Be aware though that amongst the 24-70 2.8 lenses, the Canon has reviewed the WORST by quite a margin.

Again, you get what you pay for...
    Alpha

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast