Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on pentax smc 50mm 1.2

Default Re: Need advice on pentax smc 50mm 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    Got the lens, got the discount, even gave me a free leather container for my vario-elmar. Initial test @ the shop with the 7D shows pretty good sharpness wide open. But need to get a good pk-eos adapter to fully test it.

can bros out there please advice where I can get a well-made adapter in Sg. thanks for all the advices guys, if not I may have kanna ko-tok without knowing.

btw here's the pic of the lens...thanks and good night.
    I have two, one with focus confirmation and one without, which I used for both my 40D and 5D. PM me if you are interested. The K 50f1.2 is a good lens.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman
    Got the lens, got the discount, even gave me a free leather container for my vario-elmar. Initial test @ the shop with the 7D shows pretty good sharpness wide open. But need to get a good pk-eos adapter to fully test it.

can bros out there please advice where I can get a well-made adapter in Sg. thanks for all the advices guys, if not I may have kanna ko-tok without knowing.

Wah congrats! you can get those adapters in sg but they'll be very heavily marked up. If you have a chance to pass china... else get it online. my monster camera has them too.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Wah congrats! you can get those adapters in sg but they'll be very heavily marked up. If you have a chance to pass china... else get it online. my monster camera has them too.
    hi

i got an pentax smc 50mm f1.4 a few days ago.. i need an adaptor for my canon 500d.. what online store will u recommend? i really like these old lenses.. they are amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100

hi

i got an pentax smc 50mm f1.4 a few days ago.. i need an adaptor for my canon 500d.. what online store will u recommend? i really like these old lenses.. they are amazing!!!
    Oh you can try tagotech, deal extreme or even eBay. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them though. Good luck!

You can also go to peninsula to ask around. I know the corner store (monster camera) at the exit to the excelsior hotel has them.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

hi

Get from ebay.

Oh you can try tagotech, deal extreme or even eBay. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them though. Good luck!

You can also go to peninsula to ask around. I know the corner store (monster camera) at the exit to the excelsior hotel has them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    Get from ebay.
    tks to u both

http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=198 $30!!!! seems expensive leh!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-Fits...item5ad3933451 $21 only with shipping...

what are those u guys using? price? any recommendation?

tks to u both

http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=198 $30!!!! seems expensive leh!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-Fits...item5ad3933451 $21 only with shipping...

what are those u guys using? price? any recommendation?
    I bought mine from china for 5$ hehhehe but no AF chip mind you. $30 is ok for sg price. I've seen $50-200.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

I bought mine from china for 5$ hehhehe but no AF chip mind you. $30 is ok for sg price. I've seen $50-200.
    ya i dun need AF chip.. i think it is useless for me.. a good focussing screen is better... but my low end 500d VF so small and can only use 3rd party focusing screens (which i heard is of little help).. so using live view is better .. haha..

too bad i got no friends in China.. hahaha... think all these ebay n tagotech got their stock from china too.. maybe $2 ..

ya i dun need AF chip.. i think it is useless for me.. a good focussing screen is better... but my low end 500d VF so small and can only use 3rd party focusing screens (which i heard is of little help).. so using live view is better .. haha..

too bad i got no friends in China.. hahaha... think all these ebay n tagotech got their stock from china too.. maybe $2 ..
    You can go for a short weekend trip, flights are cheap these days. china is amazing. I love that place. totally different from all the stereotype. I'd like to live there one day too.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

You can go for a short weekend trip, flights are cheap these days. china is amazing. I love that place. totally different from all the stereotype. I'd like to live there one day too.
    ya Sg is a boring place... i dun like to stay here too..

i hope to stay in New Zealand.. then i can have excuse to buy good camera to shoot landscapes.. wahahaha...

u got any china pics to share? can pm me the links if it is not an hassle to u

ya Sg is a boring place... i dun like to stay here too..

i hope to stay in New Zealand.. then i can have excuse to buy good camera to shoot landscapes.. wahahaha...

u got any china pics to share? can pm me the links if it is not an hassle to u
    Hahaha I haven't processed them yet. still sitting in my hdd.

NZ is nice! But you sure you can take the pace? Haha. They're super laid back there. So after 4.30pm on a typical Saturday don't even think of going shopping. I love it though. Haha
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Hahaha I haven't processed them yet. still sitting in my hdd.

NZ is nice! But you sure you can take the pace? Haha. They're super laid back there. So after 4.30pm on a typical Saturday don't even think of going shopping. I love it though. Haha
    oh.. my problem is i am forced to work too hard here!!! i feel like a slave here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratz, hope you'll enjoy the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    I have used one of those focusing screen on my defunct 1KD. It is really of little help cause the VF is really dark on a crop camera. It is easier to train the eyes to understand the characteristic of the lens and it focusing distance.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Congratz, hope you'll enjoy the lens.
    thanks.

I was looking through ebay and online site in sg (eg: targo-tech). Most sells the chrome version, which is what I am trying to avoid. I am looking for those that is matt black like the one available by Kipon. I have been using kipon adapter and they are good. No MIC stigma.

Does anyone know any shop in sg I can get an kipon adapter? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman

I have used one of those focusing screen on my defunct 1KD. It is really of little help cause the VF is really dark on a crop camera. It is easier to train the eyes to understand the characteristic of the lens and it focusing distance.

thanks.

I was looking through ebay and online site in sg (eg: targo-tech). Most sells the chrome version, which is what I am trying to avoid. I am looking for those that is matt black like the one available by Kipon. I have been using kipon adapter and they are good. No MIC stigma.

Does anyone know any shop in sg I can get an kipon adapter? thanks
    Yes, crop bodies r crop bodies afterall... Everything smaller.. The bigger the vf the better... Haha

Hi any issues with the chrome one?

oh.. my problem is i am forced to work too hard here!!! i feel like a slave here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!
    Migrate!!!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

Migrate!!!
    Yes. Considering.. How abt you?

Yes, crop bodies r crop bodies afterall... Everything smaller.. The bigger the vf the better... Haha

Hi any issues with the chrome one?
    I read some where that there is internal reflection when used with very fast lens. But I dunno... it is just a personal preference for me.

I read some where that there is internal reflection when used with very fast lens. But I dunno... it is just a personal preference for me.
    i saw a black one on ebay.. with shipping i tink it costs $20 plus.. i guess it is better to get a black one... the internals of the lens is not white also i think.. so it does make sense..

Yes. Considering.. How abt you?
    I had the chance to but gave it up. haha.. maybe next time..
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast