Thread: Kindle Fire

Default Kindle Fire

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Color-M.../dp/B0051VVOB2

US$199, good price?

Quite upset, it was not based on e-ink Triton

Default Re: Kindle Fire

I will rather wait till the folks in xda do something about the android market in this device...if not, there's always Nook Color around...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Pre order only....Nov 15 available

The entire series look pretty darn sleek though
    I bought my kindle a few months ago ... the new ones don't have the qwerty keyboard hmm
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

The Fire will make it crazy-easy to order from Amazon in addition to being an e-reader, video watcher, music playback tool...

Definitely interesting.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3...
    isn't kindle3 too small for reading magazine? they cut of the price of kindle down to $79, but kindle DX still $379

jetbook color?

http://www.jetbookk12.com/jetbookcolor/

They are making a loss but no choice as they wanna get a niche market entry

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

No, it backs it up to the cloud, but you can still store locally. If you delete locally, you still have your copy in the cloud.
    Alpha