Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678
Results 141 to 156 of 156

Thread: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

  1. #141
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackie9919
    very good review, thanks
    You're welcomed, glad you liked it

  2. #142
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Well done guys! The images from this baby certainly exceed my expectations!

  3. #143

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Ortega,

    Excellent review and excellent photos. The accessories looks really good. Much better and more complete.

    My one comment though is do you think the colours look a little too saturated? It feels a little artificial to me.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

  4. #144
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Thanks, My preference is for more vibrant Colour. There are other settings that you can use.

  5. #145

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    TS, are you using the built in filters?

    nice pics!

    i am not sure if the 10/F2.8 can take blackground blur shots for portraits?
    any idea?

  6. #146
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewtan
    TS, are you using the built in filters?

    nice pics!

    i am not sure if the 10/F2.8 can take blackground blur shots for portraits?
    any idea?
    Nope I did not use the built in filters.

    Thanks I'm glad you liked them.

    If I wanted to get "background blur" shots I would try to get as little depth of field as possible, so the 10mm would not be my choice of lens. The 30-110 comes to mind for that. To get minimum dof you would need to use a longer focal length, biggest aperture, minimum focusing distance and greatest distance between subject and background.

    I believe that Nikon has a prototype of a fast portrait lens, let's just hope that the prototype comes out from the drawing board and into the shops soon.

  7. #147

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    hihi... juz to check.. are there any built in filters/art filters in the nikon 1 system?.. thanks...

  8. #148

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Nope I did not use the built in filters.

    Thanks I'm glad you liked them.

    If I wanted to get "background blur" shots I would try to get as little depth of field as possible, so the 10mm would not be my choice of lens. The 30-110 comes to mind for that. To get minimum dof you would need to use a longer focal length, biggest aperture, minimum focusing distance and greatest distance between subject and background.

    I believe that Nikon has a prototype of a fast portrait lens, let's just hope that the prototype comes out from the drawing board and into the shops soon.
    I do get what you mean. However, I currently use a SLR with a 50 mm/F1.4 lens so I can easily take portrait shots without using a long focal length as the aperture is wide enough. I am just wondering with the sensor size and F2.8, whether it can create nice portraits instead of using 'zoom' like 30 - 110 mm as it may not be suitable for taking human subjects relatively near me.

  9. #149

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Read review from Steve that Nikon 1 with 10mm is not for people who wants nice background OOF shots. At 10mm it has effective focal length of 27mm. On your SLR 27mm f2.8 the background blur (I think) is less than 50mm f1.4. Again one of the reason is because of the focal length.

  10. #150

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Read review from Steve that Nikon 1 with 10mm is not for people who wants nice background OOF shots. At 10mm it has effective focal length of 27mm. On your SLR 27mm f2.8 the background blur (I think) is less than 50mm f1.4. Again one of the reason is because of the focal length.
    Thanks bro, looks like have to wait to see if Nikon will release a lens with a larger aperture.

  11. #151

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    all things considered, I still prefer my D7000. I think one of the problems they may face is that there are so much mirrorless cameras out there already in the market competing for the hearts of the consumers, and Micro 4/3rds cameras with bigger sensors, improved AF, and competitive prices. Nikon's entry is gonna have their work cut out for them.

    i personally think, they could have made the specs better (i.e. larger sensor, F mount), but perhaps theyre afraid their new dog might eat into the shares of its DSLR market base... Just my 2 cents
    'Je veux ton amour, Et je veux ta revanche, 'Je veux ton amour, I don't wanna be friends

  12. #152

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Thanks, My preference is for more vibrant Colour. There are other settings that you can use.
    sorry to bring up an old thread. ..

    the photos are great! can i reconfirm that these shots were on V1 and not the J1?

    cheers!

  13. #153
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCturbo

    sorry to bring up an old thread. ..

    the photos are great! can i reconfirm that these shots were on V1 and not the J1?

    cheers!
    Thanks, I used both but most were shot with the j1, if you have a specific image in mind let me know and I will check the exif data

  14. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Actually I believe image from J1 and V1 should be almost the same.

  15. #155

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Nice ... Wanted to see more on low-light setting and/or night scenes since a lot was mentioned abt it's small sensor. But a handful of u guys said that it handled well .... So I'd like to see that.

    Also, how does it handle moving shots ... Like shots of children, pets, moving spectacle like ppl running or sports?

    Many thx!

  16. #156

    Default Re: Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

    Can I ask, how is the AF speed? Is it as good as the ads suggest?
    I am looking for a light alternative to my D90 which I can take on long hikes without the weight penalty and yet give me most of the speed of the D90. I don't go beyong Program / Auto mode much, so the J1 suits me fine.

    Thanks
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •