Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: PS masters, come in!

  1. #1

    Default PS masters, come in!

    http://www.taiwankiss.com/board1/data/89031.html

    How to get such saturations/sharp pics? and not to mention, the flawless complexion? (hard to believe her skin is that perfect!)

    I'm using 300D w/o any L stuff

    Cheers mates

  2. #2
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    secret to PS: get the shot right, get a good model. =)

    color is another matter altogether. just get ur exposure and focus correct. the color can settle anytime in photoshop.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    http://www.taiwankiss.com/board1/data/89031.html

    How to get such saturations/sharp pics? and not to mention, the flawless complexion? (hard to believe her skin is that perfect!)

    I'm using 300D w/o any L stuff

    Cheers mates
    heheh that is the secret of Beauty Care Type advertisement. This one might not be a beauty skin model but the same techniques are used. This can be archieve by pre-shoot makeup to conceal flaws to the skin using very good concealer makeup and using very natural light makeup. Then the photo shoot itself is carefully shot or maybe I should say carefully illuminated to hide any skin imperfection to smooth out the skin further and the most important part left is the magic of "Photoshopping" There are some really great artist out there that can "face paint" in photoshop so well that they literally rework the skin complexion even if the make up and photoshop was less then good enough to conceal all the skin flaws or discoloration.

    For a long time now...Japanese Photo studios and those working with female models type ads or magazines and even soft porn takes great care to work out every shot to perfection. I recall 10 yrs ago I came across an ad feature a basic background and very specfically placed spot lighting on just two pills. It took 3 days just to get the lighting right. Okay that was before Photoshop and Desktop publishing. But just imagine what it took then to do it.

    Part of the saturation of colour is, if I am not wrong.... and something I use to shoot with are using Fuji slides. Unlike Kodak, I alway find Fuji slides very good with colours saturation and shot with Japanese cameras. Some folk don;t like using it as they say it is too atificial but for me I love it! heh They have nice colours saturation...looking these pictures there is a strong indication they are not shooting digital but are shooting slides. That is just my two cents....
    Last edited by sammy888; 23rd October 2004 at 12:39 AM. Reason: after thoughts...

  4. #4

    Default

    Just a note: the link contains pictures of a sexual nature. Not like this is going to stop an underaged kids, but I think it's only responsible to warn. Sorry for the OT.

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    http://www.taiwankiss.com/board1/data/89031.html

    How to get such saturations/sharp pics? and not to mention, the flawless complexion? (hard to believe her skin is that perfect!)

    I'm using 300D w/o any L stuff

    Cheers mates

  5. #5

    Default

    i tink sam got it already...its a mixure of good skin...good light and good cosmetic ...

    needed very little ps work for something like this...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Don't be fooled lah.
    I've 'worked on'(PSed) models for a while now.
    Even many models for cosmetic pdts have bad skin.
    Not to mention the pimple, or even moustache...

    I have met but x1 model so far, with virtually 'perfect' facial skin',and I was so amazed I even show my wife her photo.haha..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer
    Don't be fooled lah.
    I've 'worked on'(PSed) models for a while now.
    Even many models for cosmetic pdts have bad skin.
    Not to mention the pimple, or even moustache...

    I have met but x1 model so far, with virtually 'perfect' facial skin',and I was so amazed I even show my wife her photo.haha..
    Yeah.. those pic being PSed, very common things to do by those Japanese pic.

    Er... won't it make ur wife jealous if you show her? Or making she think that she is not good enough.... anyway.. nothing is perfect man.!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    ...
    Er... won't it make ur wife jealous if you show her? Or making she think that she is not good enough.... anyway.. nothing is perfect man.!!
    Aiyah,I do it for a living mah..Not jealous lah..Not as if I know them 'personally' ...

    Although I'm quite sure 'No one has seen then as close as I!'..hahaha...

  10. #10

    Default

    THanks all for your input,

    but how exactly to tweak the settings in PS to achieve such sharp/saturation/flawless skin?

    FOr sharpness, i'm gussing sharp lens, like primes, and USM in PS, for saturation, tweak the saturation curves? any settings in 300D to achieve in-camera saturation etc?
    but what about the flawless skin, not too sure how to PS, and the skin colours, just warm enough, perfect!

  11. #11
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    THanks all for your input,

    but how exactly to tweak the settings in PS to achieve such sharp/saturation/flawless skin?

    FOr sharpness, i'm gussing sharp lens, like primes, and USM in PS, for saturation, tweak the saturation curves? any settings in 300D to achieve in-camera saturation etc?
    but what about the flawless skin, not too sure how to PS, and the skin colours, just warm enough, perfect!
    PS? lots and lots and lots and lots of practice!. It would also be good if you learn about makeup. I am not kidding. heh. And you also need to understand how shadows work on face so you know how to touch it up so good that it look like no PS was done..and that means sometime not making it too perfect. I personally never like to make it too perfect. heh But seriously....practice, practice and more practice if you are really that keen. Oh before I forget...that includes practicing alot of model shooting and read up on lighting and do a lot of experimenting. Most of those who shot so well those model shots usually shot nothing else but that. Unfortunately in SIngapore...it is hard to earn a rice bowl by specialising but that is possible in Japan, Europe, US to name a few countries that had produced some really pioneering and original styles. Thats my 5 cents.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Well said Sammy888!

    Yes, nothing beats practise, practise and more practise. Also, do read up on books regarding this topic.

    Last but not least, you have to enjoy what you do. A lot of them give up because it's a lot of hard work and time! Passion is the key.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo

    As I mentioned..... those skin tone is obviously PSed....

  14. #14
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    True enough chunger.

    However, most people would like to see nice faces and skin tone and wouldn't know that they're PSed. Only those with some experience can tell, but they're still the minority.

    The many adverts we saw on TV and newspapers are mostly PSed heavily too. That's how they sell bro. We all like to see nice things.

    Digital darkroomers are just doing some justice to the models and make them more beautiful with technology. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    As I mentioned..... those skin tone is obviously PSed....
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Its not just abt making them more beautiful, very often even the most beautiful of models will also have pimples outbreak,etc. Clients will still use them and simply 'brush' away these err...distractions...

    Also sometimes, they may have scars from that fall when they were three, so now PSing them away makes it possible for them to find otherwise out-of-reach jobs?

    If only PS artist are paid like Plastic surgeon,haha...haizz

  16. #16

    Default

    most of the advertisement these days are touch up.
    u notice the superstar complexion selling duno wat beauty products, all the skin tone looks "PSed"??

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    heheh that is the secret of Beauty Care Type advertisement. This one might not be a beauty skin model but the same techniques are used. This can be archieve by pre-shoot makeup to conceal flaws to the skin using very good concealer makeup and using very natural light makeup. Then the photo shoot itself is carefully shot or maybe I should say carefully illuminated to hide any skin imperfection to smooth out the skin further and the most important part left is the magic of "Photoshopping" There are some really great artist out there that can "face paint" in photoshop so well that they literally rework the skin complexion even if the make up and photoshop was less then good enough to conceal all the skin flaws or discoloration.

    For a long time now...Japanese Photo studios and those working with female models type ads or magazines and even soft porn takes great care to work out every shot to perfection. I recall 10 yrs ago I came across an ad feature a basic background and very specfically placed spot lighting on just two pills. It took 3 days just to get the lighting right. Okay that was before Photoshop and Desktop publishing. But just imagine what it took then to do it.

    Part of the saturation of colour is, if I am not wrong.... and something I use to shoot with are using Fuji slides. Unlike Kodak, I alway find Fuji slides very good with colours saturation and shot with Japanese cameras. Some folk don;t like using it as they say it is too atificial but for me I love it! heh They have nice colours saturation...looking these pictures there is a strong indication they are not shooting digital but are shooting slides. That is just my two cents....

    Wah bro, u provide so much discriptions but i think many here still don't know how to do it leh.

    Anyway, I have seen my pro friends produce pics like that and not so complex as you described. No special makeup, in fact no makeup also can. it's all software base manipulation, though soft lighting during shoot is important. It's impossible to spent time touching up all this pics to produce a consistent look, just image the time you need touch up 1 pic x so many pics = 1 yr. And no, no need Fuji slides to achieve saturation. Oh, my pro friends couldn't tell me how to achieve as it is trade secret to them.

    I think there are many PS experts here who knows how to do it but they just wouldn't share as it is their rice bowl.

  18. #18
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earthlings
    Wah bro, u provide so much discriptions but i think many here still don't know how to do it leh.

    Anyway, I have seen my pro friends produce pics like that and not so complex as you described. No special makeup, in fact no makeup also can. it's all software base manipulation, though soft lighting during shoot is important. It's impossible to spent time touching up all this pics to produce a consistent look, just image the time you need touch up 1 pic x so many pics = 1 yr. And no, no need Fuji slides to achieve saturation. Oh, my pro friends couldn't tell me how to achieve as it is trade secret to them.

    I think there are many PS experts here who knows how to do it but they just wouldn't share as it is their rice bowl.
    Yes I provide as much general information in a way. As for getting into the fundementals of PS and shooting...well I have a rice bowl to protect too. One thing I do say..touching up sometime can be alot easier then one might think. And soft light does help alot and also a very good makeup artist in standby for the shoot that is all I am going to say hehe....

    Just look at the Sammi Cheng ad for SKII. Do you know how freaky it is to have skin like hers? So smooth it looks like plastic. Sammy Cheng in real life does not have skin that good!. Anything you can do pre-photoshopping will help make it easier for post-photoshopping. AS I mentioned in another thread. One thing you could learn if you want to be a really good "skin-artist" heh.. Learn Make-up Technique and how to apply make up. Then it is all about practice, practice, practice and even more practice.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Okay...just something that might interest some here....here is a site that does explain abit about how one artist using photoshop technique to "beautify" beauty pictures of models.

    http://graphic-design.com/Photoshop/glamour.html

  20. #20

    Default

    wowiee, it will take to time to do the PS editing since the model is really "one-of-kind"....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •