Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some one wants to buy my shots taken last singapore gp

Default Re: some one wants to buy my shots taken last singapore gp

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No, the moment the TS charges for the pictures, regardless of whether the buyer uses them for his personal collection or a commercial purpose, it's a commercial transaction and illegal. If the buyer also uses it for commercial purposes, BOTH the TS and the buyer are criminally liable.
    Maybe you are right maybe you are wrong. My last trip years back to make a police report for what the company I worked for though was a CBT case on an employee was educational. So reports in ST about a fight in public and police deeming it not to be a criminal act but a private matter. In the penal code system, the classification of what is and not is very strict and most time illogically to common sense. The criminal parts of the Copyright Act seemed to be directed more at sale of pirated software, fake medicine ... it would be interesting to find either the police or the AG office to agree that some photos with some F1 content amongst other visual elements falls under a criminal act in that section. Our authorities take very unkindly to be some one else's cat paw. It is a good point to raise despite the fact that it very much in the grey area also because none of us know what is the content of those pictures.

I assume the pictures were more of people in a place kinda of things which normally would mean the background would be less distinct, head shots, group shots - smile then I remembered TS could be a happy hobbist and was trying to do & sell F1 race type magazine shots - my bad. If that is the case then he should not sell - not sure what will happen to him if he gives the files away free.... His best recourse is to consult with a lawyer that does and has completed cases in ICR matters - lawyers like photographers will tell you they can handle many areas in law - few will prove to you what experience they have in those areas - to know more clearly what he is facing. I cheerfully acknowledge I am not a ICR lawyer and hence forth not qualified to advise on such matters.
    Last edited by ellery; 7th October 2011 at 09:46 PM.

say if the photographer was paid for his time to take the photos of the F1 race and the payer get the rights to the photos and the photographer was merely paid for his skill and rental of his equipment together?

does that make it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by farbird View Post
    say if the photographer was paid for his time to take the photos of the F1 race and the payer get the rights to the photos and the photographer was merely paid for his skill and rental of his equipment together?

does that make it legal?
    Only if the payer had permission from FIA/singaporegp.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12