Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony P910i

Default Sony P910i

Hi All. I am thinking of getting the Sony P910i phone. I like it because of the email push capabality. Will be using it for my company email as well as my Starhub email. Anyone using this phone please give me some feedback on the plus or minus points of it. Also if anyone know how much it cost and where is the best place to buy it. Thank you.
    Last edited by jbma; 22nd October 2004 at 02:24 PM.

Great phone! Too bad i only used P800 before...

Well, I used its predecessor, the P900 (and also the P800). All in all, it's a pretty good convergent device - quite stable too. The only issues I had with it was that it is relatively slow; I use the calender/tasks functions quite heavily and ppc phone wins hands down in this respect.

Of 'coz, if u don't want the bulk of a ppc phone but yet need a convergent device, I would say that the P910i is probably the best choice for you at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Great phone! Too bad i only used P800 before...
    wah! you're a rich boy!

Why don't you look for O2 XDA II? I believe P910i can't surf wireless? But both phones are good..can play lots of game! hahaha!

I am currently using O2 Smartphone already. The XDA2 is too big for my liking. I want a phone with PDA functions but not a PDA with phone functions, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary_number
    Well, I used its predecessor, the P900 (and also the P800). All in all, it's a pretty good convergent device - quite stable too. The only issues I had with it was that it is relatively slow; I use the calender/tasks functions quite heavily and ppc phone wins hands down in this respect.

Of 'coz, if u don't want the bulk of a ppc phone but yet need a convergent device, I would say that the P910i is probably the best choice for you at the moment.
    Hmmm. I need to sync with my Exchange server and all my calendar/task daily but if this is slow then one minus point there. Thanks.

My friend had problems syncing with outlook. Basically all the contacts and notes were being duplicated. He finally found out that it was a problem with the new PC suite software that came with the phone and reinstalled a older version.

Thanks reno77. currently I have duplicate problems too with my Smartphone but I just delete it. Sianz.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    I am currently using O2 Smartphone already. The XDA2 is too big for my liking. I want a phone with PDA functions but not a PDA with phone functions, if you know what I mean.
    Yeah... I understand. I was with you on this one, that's why I went for a P900 previously. But eventually went back to a ppc phone 'coz I couldn't stand the speed of the P900.

Anyway, do try it out 'coz YMMV.

If you prefer the "phone that has PDA functionality" type device maybe u might want to wait for the treo 650? http://news.com.com/Photo%3A+PalmOne...j=news.1041.20

I've seen my friend's treo 600 and it's about the same size as the P910i. I suspect it'll be faster?

Ever since I bought my P900. I have lost the urge to upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The Palm Treo is pretty cool. I know for sure Palm OS is faster than Windows Mobile. No doubt about it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The Palm Treo is pretty cool. I know for sure Palm OS is faster than Windows Mobile. No doubt about it.
    Ah... this is subjective. I've been switching between palm and ppcs for many years.

Ah... this is subjective. I've been switching between palm and ppcs for many years.
    Me too. I've been switching between Palm and ppcs and personally I find Palm to be faster. Just my opinion.

U may want to wait...as O2 is coming out with a family of new O2s incl. a smaller verison of the current 02 XDAII.

They will also have the XDAIIi and S version out soon. My suggestion is wait and then revaluate. But of course, the final decision is yours to make.

Me too. I've been switching between Palm and ppcs and personally I find Palm to be faster. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, that's why I say it's subjective - it depends on which aspect you're talking about. Take for example multi-tasking, Palm's OS was clearly not designed to handle it well and the lag is real bad when multiple applications are open. If your usage is light (i.e. simple scheduling only), then palm would be faster.
    Last edited by imaginary_number; 25th October 2004 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff chen
    U may want to wait...as O2 is coming out with a family of new O2s incl. a smaller verison of the current 02 XDAII.

They will also have the XDAIIi and S version out soon. My suggestion is wait and then revaluate. But of course, the final decision is yours to make.
    Thanks for the info Jeff. Appreciate it.

Yeah, that's why I say it's subjective - it depends on which aspect you're talking about. Take for example multi-tasking, Palm's OS was clearly not designed to handle it well and the lag is real bad when multiple applications are open. If your usage is light (i.e. simple scheduling only), then palm would be faster.
    Yup I agree with you that Palm OS is not designed for multi tasking. Thanks for your feedback man. Your points are valid. Hmmm now I really have to sit down and compare like crazy hehe. Thanks all. Appreciate all the feedback and recomendations.

Buy buy buy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast