Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 九王爷 Nine Emperor Gods Festival (27 Sep - 5 Oct 2011) @ Kiu Ong Yiah Temple

Default Re: 九王爷 Nine Emperor Gods Festival (27 Sep - 5 Oct 2011) @ Kiu Ong Yiah Temple

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoabc View Post
    I am definitely keen. In fact, I was planning to make a trip down to have a look and gather more information but seems like this thread comes in handy!
    please count me in!
    People,

This Sunday 10am, there will be a huge Yew Keng at Eunos MRT are for 九王爷 and the convoy will move to Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, Upper Serangoon and finally back to Eunos.
    Be there before 10am so that you can take pictures....

Thank You

Default Re: 九王爷 Nine Emperor Gods Festival (27 Sep - 5 Oct 2011) @ Kiu Ong Yiah Temple

i will be there this sunday before 10am at eunos. anyone wanna join? im a beginner but wanna take some shots of singapore's disappearing way of lilife. ive never participated in this before. so hope someone can guide us along! do pm me. we can meet.

sobrietanonymous,
    i will update you tomorrow if i have the energy to wake up on sunday morning. tomorrow i am already doing a walkabout from queenstown to hort park in the morning.... can pm me your HP?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoabc View Post
    sobrietanonymous,
    i will update you tomorrow if i have the energy to wake up on sunday morning. tomorrow i am already doing a walkabout from queenstown to hort park in the morning.... can pm me your HP?
    thanks

hi i made a thread for this sunday.. come put ur name in cheers! :P

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Hi

So there is daily event till 5 Oct? I am free on evening from today til fri... hope to go capture some great shots!

any idea what time the gran finale ends on 5 Oct? I can't come early... i guess can only reach around 10 plus...
    Hi

Actually, you may still take some good shoots of the procession at the East Coast Park (around F4 carpark, if I am not mistaken) in the evening of 5th Oct., 2011 from about 10.00pm.

You just need to look for the many brightly lit gatherings. There will be many. Each one caters for their own association. If you missed one, go to the others. They are there to 'send' off their deities.

As a matter of fact, there are many temples praying to 九皇爷 in Singapore. Usually, the temples will line up yellow coloured flags along the roads or streets leading to their temples. It is quite easy to spot these flags.

I guess these are some interesting things to shoot during this festival:

1. The taoist rituals
    2. The sedan 'dance'
    3. The colourful buses/trucks
    4. The lion/dragon dance
    5. The wanyang - chinese operas
    6. The 'sending off' of the deities at the sea shore....etc

Enjoy your shooting experience. Cheers

Wow so u mean the procession will follow allthe way to east coast to send into the sea? Haha cool I wanna follow

Anyone keen tomorrow? ESP someone who knows about the event we can drive to east coast to follow the procession from eunos temple

do remember if you want to go near must eat vegetarian or else don go near or else it is counted as disrespect.
    Canon 5D mk III,Canon f2.8 L USM,Canon 24-70 f2.8 L USM

From when must start eating vegetarian?

I am on a 9-day vegetarian diet, being a follower.

However, should you need to go into the temple during this festival, it is advisable to be a vegetarian for that day, at least.

Cheers

Where exactly in Upper Serangoon Road is this Kiu Ong Yiah Temple?

can someone advise on the eunos temple, location what time and what the procession would be like?

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    Where exactly in Upper Serangoon Road is this Kiu Ong Yiah Temple?
    hi, it is
    in between serangoon mrt station and kovan station
    diagonally opposite upper serangoon shopping centre
    opposite crocodile farm
    after the upper serangoon flyover (towards hougang direction)

you can refer to this
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site_85326/

Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    can someone advise on the eunos temple, location what time and what the procession would be like?
    it will be dam grand and if u eat meat in the morning do not go near.its call disrespect and do mind that u can follow them if you are wearing full white(top to bottom)
    and alot of people will go do take care of your equipments and most importantly have fun and understand the culture
    Last edited by DjSnap; 1st October 2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Canon 5D mk III,Canon f2.8 L USM,Canon 24-70 f2.8 L USM

I wish I can join you guys for the shoot but I got problem going back and I'm jobless and need money to support my family for the time being until I found a job if not I sure join you guys for the shoot tonight.

People,

Today I just got an update from one of the committee member from CCK Dou Mu Gong.
    I also found out that CCK Dou Mu Gong is the grand-est when it comes to this yearly event.

Total there will be 18 lorries, 13 palanquins and 9 乩铜.
    They will go to Yishun, AMK, Upper Serangoon and last Eunos. Each location will stay for about 2 hours.

So tomorrow morning, I will be going there and not Eunos

Here are the information for those who are interested in doing this day shoot. Night parade will be next Wednesday (Lunar 9th of 9)

Day Shoot

Venue: CCK Combined Temple @ Teck Whye Lane
    Date: 2nd October 2011
    Time: Before 10am

Night Shoot
    Venue: CCK Combined Temple @ Teck Whye Lane
    Date: 5th October 2011
    Time: Before 7pm

There will be free vegetarian food available.

I went there earlier this afternoon to do a small recce and happened to speak to the committee member.
    Took a couple of shots with my phone camera.

Cheers !!!

By the way, Eunos also have their own yew keng.
    No necessary to go Teck Whye Lane if it is not convenient for you.
    Upper Serangoon also have.

Total quite a few places have it tomorrow.

Enjoy shooting !

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by tranvui View Post
    hi, it is
    in between serangoon mrt station and kovan station
    diagonally opposite upper serangoon shopping centre
    opposite crocodile farm
    after the upper serangoon flyover (towards hougang direction)

you can refer to this
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site_85326/

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I wish I can join you guys for the shoot but I got problem going back and I'm jobless and need money to support my family for the time being until I found a job if not I sure join you guys for the shoot tonight.
    Bro, no problem.
    Take care and all the best.

Join us next year.

Hi huhsimi

Just to share:

1. 九王(wang)爷 should be written as 九皇(huang)爷,

2. 乩铜 should be 乩童 , if you meant 'medium'.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by orosin View Post
    Hi huhsimi

Just to share:

1. 九王(wang)爷 should be written as 九皇(huang)爷,

2. 乩铜 should be 乩童 , if you meant 'medium'.

Cheers
    Apologies for the mistake.....
    By the way, I was told we are suppose to address as 九皇大帝。 Is it true ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast