Thread: OMG!!!...a 5MP camera phone cum VidCam cum MP3 player cum...

Default OMG!!!...a 5MP camera phone cum VidCam cum MP3 player cum...

Recent from DPReviews...

Samsung has today unveiled the world's first 5MP camera phone with a CCD, the SCH-S250. A spokesman for the company said "the picture quality is good enough to compare with five megapixel digital cameras", but we'll reserve judgement on that one. It has a 92MB internal memory as well as an MP3 player. Samsung, the world's third largest handset maker, said the camera module was jointly developed with Japanese company Asahi Pentax.

Click here to read the whole story: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041020/323/f4wod.html

Features:

5 million pixels
    MP3 player
    Video mode
    92MB memory
    1/1000th sec shutter speed
    Focus from 10cm to infinity
    Text to speech conversion for text messages

yeah saw it this morning... cool!

Default Check this out!.........

...10MP coming our way very soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnapper

...10MP coming our way very soon!!
    i don't see the point of having big MP cam for mobile phones.

Got memory card slots or not?

Anyway... that might not be the final design.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i will be happy enough if my samsung phone's vga camera produces images as good as the VGA pics taken with my digicam. (it doesn't....by a LONG way).

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....ostcount=22046
    Last edited by zaren; 22nd October 2004 at 12:46 AM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    in a sense you are right...for now, a very brief "now" that is.

pls pardon, but too many times history has proven such "hurdle statements" be wrong..simply just imagine if someone really long ago had pondered " we are civilised, so why do we need civil law?..."

1. Put it another way, why would Samsung spend so much to push thru a dud.
    obviously they did their market research and then went ahead into product development, then beta testing on good odds BEFORE they announce it. think in terms 3-5 years back least, not overnight. Wouldnt you do the same if its your company?..

2. on second thoughts you will realise that a 5MP phone is just THE bait....the real lure is a 10+++MP didgcam/vidcam/mp3 player/phone/pda/eye-over display (mitsubishi recent)...imagine taking pin sharp pics by blinking...imagine real-to-life holo-pics..imagine the potential if YOU are first to market...whats a few millions ten years back?...Minority Report anyone?
    Last edited by bigsnapper; 22nd October 2004 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnapper
    in a sense you are right...for now, a very brief "now" that is.

pls pardon, but too many times history has proven such "hurdle statements" be wrong..simply just imagine if someone really long ago had pondered " we are civilised, so why do we need civil law?..."

1. Put it another way, why would Samsung spend so much to push thru a dud.
    obviously they did their market research and then went ahead into product development, then beta testing on good odds BEFORE they announce it. think in terms 3-5 years back least, not overnight. Wouldnt you do the same if its your company?..

2. on second thoughts you will realise that a 5MP phone is just THE bait....the real lure is a 10+++MP didgcam/vidcam/mp3 player/phone/pda/eye-over display (mitsubishi recent)...imagine taking pin sharp pics by blinking...imagine real-to-life holo-pics..imagine the potential if YOU are first to market...whats a few millions ten years back?...Minority Report anyone?
    precisely....in the bid to be FIRST on the market with the highest MP camera in phone.... they dun really care what quality the pics are. e.g. motorola's 1MP camera phone pics are so lousy that they have to be seen to be believed. and they openly admit to having a policy NOT to improve image quality.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

After going into colour phones...they are now heading to mega pixels phones..that's awsome..i believe they will reach 10MP sooner or later....

Actually, there ARE mega-pixels phones since last year in Japan and South Korea. 3G phones are really nothing new, it's the hype now simply because the rest of the world finally find it commercially viable. NTT Docomo had FOMA since 2001, which supports data transfer up to 384kbps on a cellphone.
    It's just a preview of more good things to come...
    They will probably have a Playstation-Handycam-Digicam-MP3-webcam-shaver-phone in time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Actually, there ARE mega-pixels phones since last year in Japan and South Korea. 3G phones are really nothing new, it's the hype now simply because the rest of the world finally find it commercially viable. NTT Docomo had FOMA since 2001, which supports data transfer up to 384kbps on a cellphone.
    It's just a preview of more good things to come...
    They will probably have a Playstation-Handycam-Digicam-MP3-webcam-shaver-phone in time to come.
    no coffee-maker?

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    no coffee-maker?
    That will be nice too. But a good coffee maker should have fuzzy logic, able to distinguish between an espresso and a Café au Lait.
    I will think something like that will only be found on a higher end model.
    On a EOS 1D Mk VII prehaps.

For a while I thought I was serious too.

if the article prediction is any way rightful, then we probably moving on to 20MP camphones by year end 2005, with commerically available 5MP ones readily in the market. mind you these are CCD ones with built in 1gb+ memory. then theres email conversion inphone, for mms and wireless/3G upload..flash? antishake? wideangle? fishweye? macro? replaceable/upgradable mini-lens block retractable into the body?

DLSR?..its so..so.."obiang"!