Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 229

Thread: Groupon Deals Photographers

  1. #181

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    i seldom give a damn about such, but today saw the killer:

    Today's Groupon

    For $12, you get a 30 minute Studio Photoshoot with Unlimited Shots and 5 Edited Soft Copies (worth $108).
    For $39, you get a 90 min Studio Photoshoot with Unlimited Shots and a choice of either 15 Edited Soft Copies, or 6 Edited Soft Copies and a 20 by 24 inch Canvas (worth $288).

    please, can someone tell me how they calculated???? $39 can cover a quality canvas?????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  2. #182

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Should be a miscalculation by the service provider ..anyway almost 1000 packages brought ... gulp

  3. #183
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    Should be a miscalculation by the service provider ..anyway almost 1000 packages brought ... gulp
    are we talking about the same page?

    here is the deal David is talking about..

    $12 for 30 min Unlimited Studio Photoshoot + 5 Edited Soft Copies at PicturePerfect Svcs(Worth $108)

    as in now, 10 May 2012, 10.05am, total 12 deals are sold.


    Here is their site; check out their portfolio. PicturePerfect Svcs

    anyway, since it is so affordable, how about buy a couple of dozens and give to your friends as gift?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #184

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Was looking at this deal actually

    $12 for 90 min Outdoor Photography Shoot by Firefly Photography (Worth $250)
    Saw the $12 and assumed this is the one

    Make that 26 deals at 10:19am ... at the rate its being brought ... the PicturePerfectSvcs ppl better have very very good lobang for canvas printing

  5. #185

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Good deal.

    My wife did bought a few package for my kid, like ice cream/baking/ making classes. Dirt cheap, less than $10, i think. They do honour and they did conduct the class in proper order. But parents need(can choose not) to sit through their promotion sessions.

  6. #186

    Default

    Nothing is free in this world .. those who though they gain advantage might well be chop like a carrot in the end ..

  7. #187

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    please remember that group on takes 50%, so left $19???? for a canvas print?????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #188

    Default

    1" by 1" canvas prints, why not ... Haha ..

  9. #189

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Very cheap with canvas printing. Think I will go buy one too. Never had a family portrait taken yet.

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    are we talking about the same page?

    here is the deal David is talking about..
    [/URL]

    anyway, since it is so affordable, how about buy a couple of dozens and give to your friends as gift?
    Did you look at their online portfolio? I did and one day I will stop laughing
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  11. #191

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    its not about who did it, portfolio good or not, but at $39, minus 50% to groupon, i wonder how did that company calculate.... just dun make sense....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  12. #192

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Printing canvas in Msia cheaper maybe?

  13. #193

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    Printing canvas in Msia cheaper maybe?
    a simple calculation on a simple matt print only: 20 x 24 is 480, so 480 x $0.05 is $24... so you guess???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  14. #194

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    I am going to buy 6 days worth of this, 8 hours each day, total price only $576.

    Over these 6 days approximately 1500 construction workers under the employment if a large group of construction companies will be walking in for their photos to be taken. I am charging the client $3576 for this. I am hiring a part timer to coordinate for 6 days. Pay him $500. I profit $2500 doing nothing. The client understand the photo quality is neglieable since they are using it only for documentation and tracking of workers. It will help them achieve some awards or standards I don't care. They still think $3576 is a damn good deal for a project of this scale. Because of this good offer I gave, some real major scale industrial and corporate photography opportunities had opened up locally and in their overseas projects and we are talking.

    For illustration purposes only, but entirely possible with the right people and opportunity.

    The mind that opens up to new ideas never return to its original size. The mind that thinks $12 remains at groupon .
    Last edited by JasonB; 10th May 2012 at 12:05 PM.

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB
    I am going to buy 6 days worth of this, 8 hours each day, total price only $576.

    Over these 6 days approximately 1500 construction workers under the employment if a large group of construction companies will be walking in for their photos to be taken. I am charging the client $3576 for this. I am hiring a part timer to coordinate for 6 days. Pay him $500. I profit $2500 doing nothing. The client understand the photo quality is neglieable since they are using it only for documentation and tracking of workers. It will help them achieve some awards or standards I don't care. They still think $3576 is a damn good deal for a project of this scale. Because of this good offer I gave, some real major scale industrial and corporate photography opportunities had opened up locally and in their overseas projects and we are talking.

    For illustration purposes only, but entirely possible with the right people and opportunity.

    The mind that opens up to new ideas never return to its original size. The mind that thinks $12 remains at groupon .
    Well illustrated ..

    Photography have to resort to Groupon to make a living ? I think you might as well find a decent job somewhere .. or something is fishy out there for such a good deal ... Like those peddler along orchard road telling ppl they got a price and need to attent seminar to claim it etc ...

  16. #196
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    20 by 24 inch Canvas is fairly big, $39 can cover cost?
    while there are other costs....
    Don't Snap like a child, Don't shoot like a tourist !

  17. #197

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    20 by 24 inch Canvas is fairly big, $39 can cover cost?
    while there are other costs....
    wrong bro, groupon will take 50%.

    anyway, not bashing ppl using groupon to advertise, but must know the costing etc....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  18. #198

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    They probably know something that we don't... different people doing different business and if they think they can still make a profit in one way or other, its ok I suppose.

    Seriously, thinking charging $39 for a shoot and still giving 50% off to Groupon is not something I will even think off,... but then again... they should know something I don't.

    Regards,

    Hart

  19. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    20 x 24 inch print means a photo plotter .. Even using the cheapest nastiest inks out there it's going to cost at least $5 SGD per print assuming you buy your canvas from China or India and use the lowest grade possible. No framing would be possible at that price point unless it was rough as guts work. This may be where they will trap the customer, in framing costs, ie: low $39 fee for the shoot and print but stitch you up several hundred SGD for the frame. After all how bad does a canvas print look minus frame, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Get some cheap and cheerful frames from China, India or Bangladesh and make a small killing with a 100-200% profit margin on the frames. One bustling shopping centre based baby photography outfit here in Australia do a similar snide trick, except their kick in the nuts is on reprints which cost over $50 per 20x25cm print. They average $100 in extra 8R per client, the cost is around $12 including postage.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  20. #200

    Default Re: Groupon Deals Photographers

    The results seem good with 200 over purchases. But I figure alot of people are looking at the words instead of the photo. Not sure if any of you spotted anything strange about them.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •