Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

  1. #1

    Default Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    To all D3100 users,

    Lately I noticed that the image review speed for my D3100 is slow after a shot taken.
    No sure if this is due to my subconscious mind or not?

    It takes nearly 3 sec (2.8 sec approximate) after my finger leaves the shutter release button.
    Can any D3100 user verify for me?
    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Did you enable Active D-Lighting ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    To all D3100 users,

    Lately I noticed that the image review speed for my D3100 is slow after a shot taken.
    No sure if this is due to my subconscious mind or not?

    It takes nearly 3 sec (2.8 sec approximate) after my finger leaves the shutter release button.
    Can any D3100 user verify for me?
    Thanks!
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  3. #3

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    I can't remember as I'm in my office. But that makes sense.
    I only checked the auto lens distortion function is disabled.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Wo.. Nikon has auto distortion control function for D3100 ? keke didn't know that. I'm relying on my DxO to do that job. Oh yes, the Active D-Lighting is significantly slow even on my gear, so you might wanna check it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I can't remember as I'm in my office. But that makes sense.
    I only checked the auto lens distortion function is disabled.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  5. #5

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Wo.. Nikon has auto distortion control function for D3100 ? keke didn't know that. I'm relying on my DxO to do that job. Oh yes, the Active D-Lighting is significantly slow even on my gear, so you might wanna check it out.
    Yes. Surprisingly included in D3100. But only workable with CPU lens attached.
    Thanks for the clue. I will check again tonight.
    I hope ADL is really the culprit.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Can check what is the shutter speed on your camera or the exif photo? Did you turn on the noise reduction function ?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Can check what is the shutter speed on your camera or the exif photo? Did you turn on the noise reduction function ?
    The noise reduction is enabled. However I tried during the daytime.
    Hence shutter speed should not be so slow that the NR kicks in.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Unlikely to happen but just want to confirm, what class memory card are u using?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  9. #9

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Is it due to you taking photo in RAW / RAW + jpeg format?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Unlikely to happen but just want to confirm, what class memory card are u using?
    Class 4, Sandisk

  11. #11

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by kennykck View Post
    Is it due to you taking photo in RAW / RAW + jpeg format?
    No. Jpeg only.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Class 4, Sandisk
    This may not be relevant to you, but back then when i had my D90 and initially bought a Class 4 2GB card just to test my going to be purchased camera, I had a hard time deleting photos. The speed of deletion is too damn slow... (Jpeg only also)
    Only when I switch to a Class 6 card, this problem disappears.

    Just sharing my experience, if you can borrow a Class 6 card to test, it may help.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  13. #13

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    I checked ADL, NR, and auto distortion control. All disabled but still slow.
    Can any D3100 user help me to verify is this normal?
    2sec plus for the image to display is really sloooow

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    I guess it's normal cos the old D3000 took about 3 sec to display.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    This may not be relevant to you, but back then when i had my D90 and initially bought a Class 4 2GB card just to test my going to be purchased camera, I had a hard time deleting photos. The speed of deletion is too damn slow... (Jpeg only also)
    Only when I switch to a Class 6 card, this problem disappears.

    Just sharing my experience, if you can borrow a Class 6 card to test, it may help.
    Thanks. I shall try if I manage to borrow 1

  16. #16

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by Levis View Post
    I guess it's normal cos the old D3000 took about 3 sec to display.
    Is it? Maybe I too pampered by my D300 instant display

  17. #17

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    If
    - smallest resolution of the photo and JPEG format only.
    - no noise reduction
    - no active d-lighting
    doesn't help, so it's time to upgrade either memory card or new body
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  18. #18

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    The problem is I don't remember it to be so slow until recently I felt so.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Take out the memory from the body, does the problem still persist ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    The problem is I don't remember it to be so slow until recently I felt so.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  20. #20

    Default Re: Slow image review after shot taken [D3100]

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Take out the memory from the body, does the problem still persist ?
    How to shoot and review pic if you remove the memory?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •