Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wireless Shot

  1. #1
    Member alisetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anywhere is Singapore
    Posts
    22

    Question Wireless Shot

    Hi

    Is there such things where someone take photo shot and the pic automatic transfer wireless to computer without using any cable?. Or am I wrong...? I do not
    know is it true or what. But I see it at our Singapore Zoo. Where the zoo staff took photo of visitor and the visitor can collect it at their photo booth...

    If there is such things, Anyone know what to use and where to get..? And what is the name of that equipment..?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    I don't think so cos they do carried quite a few memory card with them.They don't have such high tech with with them.If not the photo which the visitor will paid more money to get the photo from the photo booth.So they'll end up close down the photo booth

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    Quote Originally Posted by alisetan View Post
    Hi

    Is there such things where someone take photo shot and the pic automatic transfer wireless to computer without using any cable?. Or am I wrong...? I do not
    know is it true or what. But I see it at our Singapore Zoo. Where the zoo staff took photo of visitor and the visitor can collect it at their photo booth...

    If there is such things, Anyone know what to use and where to get..? And what is the name of that equipment..?
    AFAIK, the ZOO is using Nikon camera with wifi transmitter, saw it when I visit them some time last year.

    the latest D7000 able to use eye-fi memory card, it can transmit the image files via wifi to PC or even upload into web on the fly.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Member alisetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anywhere is Singapore
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Beside nikon d7000, is there any other cam which can use such things..?

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I don't think so cos they do carried quite a few memory card with them.They don't have such high tech with with them.If not the photo which the visitor will paid more money to get the photo from the photo booth.So they'll end up close down the photo booth
    they are using it everyday, it can easier recover the cost of investment within very short period.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    Quote Originally Posted by alisetan View Post
    Beside nikon d7000, is there any other cam which can use such things..?
    D7000 has the set up already built in,

    However, any digital cameras using SD memory card can use the eye-fi card, go check out from their site, do note eye-fi card do not sell in SG.
    there is flu-card also have similar function, is a local product and you can check out the Mass sale section.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    er if im nt mistaken they do have such tech, wireless transmitter grips or something like that. looks very similar to a battery grip but is instad a wifi or wireless transmitter thingamajiggy

    here's a canon version
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...eview.aspx#WFT
    canon fan boy ;D

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    Yes there is such a product for SD card cameras. It's offered by http://www.eye.fi/.

    I suppose you can also bring forth the technique using a CF to SD adapter from http://www.amazon.com/SD-CF-II-Type-.../dp/B000YZGCIU.

    I can't vouch for how good this product works. The last I tried tethered approach is using a 3M longer USB cable, which isn't too bad seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by alisetan View Post
    Hi

    Is there such things where someone take photo shot and the pic automatic transfer wireless to computer without using any cable?. Or am I wrong...? I do not
    know is it true or what. But I see it at our Singapore Zoo. Where the zoo staff took photo of visitor and the visitor can collect it at their photo booth...

    If there is such things, Anyone know what to use and where to get..? And what is the name of that equipment..?
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Wireless Shot

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Yes there is such a product for SD card cameras. It's offered by http://www.eye.fi/.

    I suppose you can also bring forth the technique using a CF to SD adapter from http://www.amazon.com/SD-CF-II-Type-.../dp/B000YZGCIU.

    I can't vouch for how good this product works. The last I tried tethered approach is using a 3M longer USB cable, which isn't too bad seriously.
    using eye-fi card with CF to SD adapter is not reliable.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •