Thread: Anywhere to park car around Penninsular for short while?

Default Anywhere to park car around Penninsular for short while?

I go frequently to that area to run short errands such as picking up film, dropping off film for developing, etc. and it really irritates me how much I need to pay to park at Funan, Peninsular Plaza, etc. for like, 10 mins!

Anyone has any idea where I can park for 5-10 mins for a reasonable rate (or better yet, free?)

Thanks!

If u can afford a car, why cant u pay a few dollars for car park? Dont flame me, but this has become a phenomenon.

well.. when you own a car.. every cent counts.. not all people afford a car comfotably yet they cannot do without a car, work natures requires a car.

park at the church

Ok, I have a spreadsheet with all (most) carparks charges in CBD/Orchard area. Give me yr email and I wil send to you. Hope this will help to ease the illegal parking phenomenon in Singapore.
    Sometimes, you park illegally to save a few dollars, but you cause many cars behind you to jam, stuck, move out dangerously, create blind spot, that is a selfish act in itself.

normally if i'm dropping by at PP, i would park in front of the Grand Copthorne by the side of PP ... so far no problem yet ...and provided if u can find space there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Ok, I have a spreadsheet with all (most) carparks charges in CBD/Orchard area. Give me yr email and I wil send to you. Hope this will help to ease the illegal parking phenomenon in Singapore.
    Sometimes, you park illegally to save a few dollars, but you cause many cars behind you to jam, stuck, move out dangerously, create blind spot, that is a selfish act in itself.
    erm ..... i would agree with u ... but somethimes u know lah ..... convienence mah ...

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    erm ..... i would agree with u ... but somethimes u know lah ..... convienence mah ...
    sorry ah, but I have to say this, so don't take it personally

In achieving some small convenience for yourself, are you willing to seriously inconvenience or endanger all the people behind you?

Support your view!!!

Same question came to me this afternoon when I wanted to make a fast purchase for something in Funan.

Which is the cheapest and not illegally?

Can I share your spreadsheet?

if u can afford to pay $500 a month in installment for a car, u surely can afford $1 for an hour parking in capitol building.

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19
    well.. when you own a car.. every cent counts.. not all people afford a car comfotably yet they cannot do without a car, work natures requires a car.

park at the church

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    if u can afford to pay $500 a month in installment for a car, u surely can afford $1 for an hour parking in capitol building.
    logic, logic and logical.

erm.... aiyah... like that... hmm.... the lane whereby it leads to the carpark, which has a lane leading outside... and erm.. its beside a row of shops ? like u turn in .. and turn right.. before going into the lift for vehicals ? maybe can stop there for a while lor...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    It's $2, not $1 btw. And I parked there for a mere 6 mins just a few days ago; thought there should be a grace period, like the other carparks.

Cycle. Free parking right next to Peninsula Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Cycle. Free parking right next to Peninsula Plaza.
    And free bicycle for other ppl if you didnt secure the bike to a railing/lamp post etc.

walk, take mrt/bus, no worries

Default can send me a copy ? :)

Astin, can u send a copy of ur spreadsheet to my email at veefiles@yahoo.co.uk ? .... TIA !

If you don't want to get a fine and parking is too ex. than......... get use to using BMW that will settle your problum.

Oh, by the way......... BMW stands for:
    B: BUS
    M: MRT
    W: WALK