Thread: India:Sikkim and West Bengal

Default India:Sikkim and West Bengal

Hello everyone!

My friend and I are planning a trip to Sikkim and parts of West Bengal in the mid of december for about 10 days.

I have searched the forum for details on this and while I found some details on itineraries I am looking for information on reputed travel agents/agencies and other tips including facilities.

My questions are as follows

1. Contact details of any travel agent you worked with and if you would recommend them?
    2. Any particular places that are worth visiting or not worth visiting.
    3. Any tips on the weather, health facilities, electricity - given its winter and we are carrying digital cameras.
    4. We want to go to the Nathu La pass - will it be open?

Details of the trip:

10 Dec (Sat) Day 01 : Arrive at Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Gangtok. Day at leisure. Overnight in Gangtok.

11 Dec (Sun) Day 02 : Gangtok-Lachung Village via Kabi Lungchuk. Overnight stay at hotel/home stay.

12 Dec (Mon) Day 03 : Lachung Village-Yumthang Valley-Zero Point-Lachung Village. Overnight stay at hotel/home stay.

13 Dec (Tue) Day 04 : Lachung Village-Chungthang-Mangan-Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok.

14 Dec (Wed) Day 05 : Nathu La Pass (Incase it is open), Tsongo (Changu) Lake , Baba Harbhajan Temple . Overnight at Gangtok.

15 Dec (Thu) Day 06: Gangtok to Peling. Overnight at Peling.

16 Dec (Fri) Day 07 : At Peling visit Pemayangtse monastery, Khechepairi Lake and Sangay waterfall. Overnight at Peling.

17 Dec (Sat) Day 08 : Peling to Darjeeling . Overnight at Darjeeling .

18 Dec (Sun ) Day 09 : At 3AM to Tiger Hill to see sunrise over Kanchandzonga. Visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Zoological Gardens, Dhirdham Temple , Happy Valley Tea Estate, Tenzing, Gombu Rock, Peace Pagoda and Japanese Temple . Overnight at Darjeeling

19 Dec (Mon) Day 10 : Transfer to Bagdogra Airport

Thanks a lot in advance. Look forward to your responses.

Cheers
    A

Default Re: India:Sikkim and West Bengal

Hi
    Sikkim was hit by a devastating earthquake last week and most of the roads and some of the old building have been damaged, it will take some time to revive, so please postpone your program of Sikkim for atleast six months.

Thanks
    Alok

Hi Alok

thanks for that. Yes the trip has indeed be called off.

Will prob head to bhutan or Tawang Valley!
    Quote Originally Posted by aloks View Post
    Hi
    Sikkim was hit by a devastating earthquake last week and most of the roads and some of the old building have been damaged, it will take some time to revive, so please postpone your program of Sikkim for atleast six months.

Thanks
    Alok

Hi Knight84
    Just returned from Sikkim and Darjeeling, everything is normal now, now you cannow proceed towards Sikkim/Darjeeling. I have found Darjeeling more scenic than Gangtok.

Thanks
    Alok