Spend an evening with photographer-artist, Paul Kohl, as he shares his perspective on his photography journey - his love for analogue photography, and the emergence of the digital medium. He has just published a monograph of work done in Japan titled “Two Fish. Out of Water.”, and exhibits his work internationally with recent shows in Japan, Canada, USA, Portugal, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Paul Kohl earned a BFA from the San Francisco Institute in Photography and his Master Degree from Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana, and has done an Artist Residency at Awagami Paper in Japan, the Hungarian Multi-cultural Center in Budapest and at the Obras Center for the Arts in Portugal.
He is now teaching photography at Nanyang Technological University/School of Art, Design and Media in Singapore where his current research is concerned with high-end inkjet printing and digital photography.
Paul Kohl's website.
Special thanks to the Singapore Art Museum for hosting the event intheir venue.
Fri, 30th Sept 2011 | 6:30pm – 8pm
The Glass Hall | Singapore Art Museum (SAM)
Free Admission. Due to limited space, registration is required.
Pre-talk activities starting at 5pm: Leica Asia Pacific will be displaying a range of Leica camera products at The Glass Hall for registered CSers to view and handle. This will include the Leica S2, Leica M9P, and Leica X1.
Pls note that this is talk is not in place of the CS 1st Friday talk which is still scheduled for the 1st Friday in October. Details of which will be announced in due course.
- Seating capacity is limited to 120 available seats, 60 places will be reserved for RF and film users, and the other 60 to all CSers.
- Only ClubSNAP members of may register (1 seat per CSer, CSer must be member since June 2011).
- As a courtesy to all, if you cannot commit to attending the talk, pls withdraw your name via pm to me before Wed 28th Sept, 9am to allow others to attend.
- To register, simply include your CS nick to the RF / Film user or All CSers list.
Your place is secure only upon the confirmed registration list* that will be announced here on Wed, 28th Sept, 12pm. However, your seat will only be held until the start of the talk, after which, it may be given up to walk-ins.
RF / Film user
* ClubSNAP decision on registration is final. Members on blacklisted list of "no show" will be taken out of list.