View Poll Results: Photo contests are....

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Challenging

23 41.07%
  • Fun

15 26.79%
  • Learning experience

25 44.64%
  • Waste of time

11 19.64%
  • Free goodies (e.g. photographer's vest)

16 28.57%
  • A lottery

15 26.79%
  • Lucrative

3 5.36%
  • Excuse to use your camera

15 26.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Contests are.....

Quote Originally Posted by khairi

but to be exploited or not...that's up to the competitors...they make the decision to either join or not to join...
    Well said Khairi. There's always scrutiny from CSers with regards to contest rules and regulations, which usually leads to criticism of rights. Photo contests are usually meant for the general public. While awareness is necessary to educate organisers and the general public about photo rights, it is still up to the individual to take up the challenge of the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermunn
    Well said Khairi. There's always scrutiny from CSers with regards to contest rules and regulations, which usually leads to criticism of rights. Photo contests are usually meant for the general public. While awareness is necessary to educate organisers and the general public about photo rights, it is still up to the individual to take up the challenge of the theme.
    that's y i do not know why some CSers brag about joining competitions...it's just for the general public. period...join at your own will...and not be disgusted abt some pathetic rules and regulations thing...if you want to try, go ahead if not...SOD IT!

It's the awareness that counts ya. I think, mail to the organiser if you think that a rule seems not right.

as for me...i have nothing against photo competitions...cos it helps to stretch my creativity...
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

hahah... yes khairi...

all too often there're extremely self-righteous ppl around everytime a contest is unveiled.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    nah... this is a poll thread.... it will never reach gargantuan proportions.
    We could always try...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    We could always try...
    Huh? you want to start this again here?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Photo contests are just excuses by companies to steal your photos and use it for their own use.
    After your photos are submitted, they gain full rights to the use of the photo in whatever way they please.

Its certainly cheaper than paying professional photographers to shoot for them.
    Just give out 3 prizes, and get 300 people to submit their best photos to you so you can use them in the future.

WHat a great idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12