Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is it wrong to insist on quantity of output?

Default Re: How is it wrong to insist on quantity of output?

If you never receive payment, every single photo you take is your intellectual property. The law says so!

The makeup artist may had contributed an idea or theme, but one cannot copyright/trademark/patent ideas or themes for photoshoots. They contributed their time, but so do you.

They need you, not you need them. In other words if you don't release photos to them but only use the photos for yourself, nothing they can do, legally.

Singapore no need model release, only USA. Good to have, but no need. You can use for your portfolio.

The MUA does not know what she's talking. She tried to play boss and bully you, don't let her. You have your artistic right to edit your own creative work, who the fartface is she to restrict your freedom of expression?

My advice is to send a firm but polite email explaining the situation and legal stand to them, thank them for their time but you won't be releasing photos to them.

Case won't entertain her. She has to initial a civil sue against you if she like, but she won't win. No lawyer wanna fight a losing battle and bring down their own name. I don't think she can even afford the initial consultation fee, much less court fees and the whole shebang.

What a naive MUA who messed up.

u will only need model release if u are going to upload the image to a stock photo site to sell the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    If you never receive payment, every single photo you take is your intellectual property. The law says so!

The makeup artist may had contributed an idea or theme, but one cannot copyright/trademark/patent ideas or themes for photoshoots. They contributed their time, but so do you.

They need you, not you need them. In other words if you don't release photos to them but only use the photos for yourself, nothing they can do, legally.

Singapore no need model release, only USA. Good to have, but no need. You can use for your portfolio.

The MUA does not know what she's talking. She tried to play boss and bully you, don't let her. You have your artistic right to edit your own creative work, who the fartface is she to restrict your freedom of expression?

My advice is to send a firm but polite email explaining the situation and legal stand to them, thank them for their time but you won't be releasing photos to them.

Case won't entertain her. She has to initial a civil sue against you if she like, but she won't win. No lawyer wanna fight a losing battle and bring down their own name. I don't think she can even afford the initial consultation fee, much less court fees and the whole shebang.

What a naive MUA who messed up.
    Likes.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: How is it wrong to insist on quality of output?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I changed the title of your thread to avoid future confusion chistlard.

All these problems are unnecessary if you had laid out terms and come to an agreement before the shoot. If you trust them, verbal should be fine. If in doubt, written word.
    DM, the initial title was correct - quality not quantity.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    u will only need model release if u are going to upload the image to a stock photo site to sell the photos.
    stock image agencies require model release for submitted images contain any identifiable people, except for images are sold under editorial licencing.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    stock image agencies require model release for submitted images contain any identifiable people, except for images are sold under editorial licencing.
    thanks for info!

sad... i got a few photos , showing the back of the people (very small figures)... got rejected cos I don't have model release.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thanks for info!

sad... i got a few photos , showing the back of the people (very small figures)... got rejected cos I don't have model release.
    you can blur our their faces, check the rejection emails allow for resubmit or not, or either submit for editorial usage next time.

nowadays I just go out the street and wrack editorial images... don't need to spend so much time for touching up, can almost submit as it is..... hehe..

OK, back to the topic....

nowadays, so many photographers go around offering TFCD, some can even offer TF-DVD, no wonder the MUA and Model KPKB when TS mention only give 5 to 10 processed images,
    so when the Models, MUA, or even Customers mention getting too little images, who is the one should be blamed?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can blur our their faces, check the rejection emails allow for resubmit or not, or either submit for editorial usage next time.

nowadays I just go out the street and wrack editorial images... don't need to spend so much time for touching up, can almost submit as it is..... hehe..

thanks for the tips!

sorry for OT :x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12