Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wedding photographer

Default Re: wedding photographer

So really, thank you for making fun of yourself. It's really showing how you do not even understand/comprehend what you are posting.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And I repeat my point again, from the SAME LINK you provided:

"If pictures taken from the same subject distance are given the same enlargement, both final images will have the same DOF. "

Your statement means that the focal length of the lens is changed to give the same angle of view, i.e. 1.5 crop for example. That's exactly what I've been saying. Read clearly from your excerpt: "with lenses that give the same angle of view". This is not the same as "same focal length", which is referenced as "enlargement" in the article.

Given the SAME distance and the SAME focal length, the DOF is THE SAME, except that the APS-C camera only gives you a centre crop.

*if* you change the distance so that FF gives the same angle of view as the APS-C equivalent would, *then* the APS-C gives greater DOF - which your own statement agrees with.

In other words, you have been posting links that prove my point. Thanks!
    You like to argue don't you?

yes, I quoted the whole paragraph you want me to read here:

"
    Many small-format digital SLR camera systems allow using many of the same lenses on both full-frame and “cropped format” cameras. If the subject distance is adjusted to provide the same field of view at the subject, at the same f-number and final-image size, the smaller format has greater DOF, as with the “same picture” comparison above. If pictures are taken from the same distance using the same f-number, and the final images are the same size, the smaller format has less DOF. If pictures taken from the same subject distance are given the same enlargement, both final images will have the same DOF. The final images will, of course, have different sizes.
    "

again, you are just making fun of yourself
    Last edited by Yahooo; 23rd September 2011 at 11:03 AM.

*popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Yahooo View Post
    yes, I quoted the whole paragraph you want me to read here:

"
    Many small-format digital SLR camera systems allow using many of the same lenses on both full-frame and “cropped format” cameras. If the subject distance is adjusted to provide the same field of view at the subject, at the same f-number and final-image size, the smaller format has greater DOF, as with the “same picture” comparison above. If pictures are taken from the same distance using the same f-number, and the final images are the same size, the smaller format has less DOF. If pictures taken from the same subject distance are given the same enlargement, both final images will have the same DOF. The final images will, of course, have different sizes.
    "

again, you are just making fun of yourself
    Since you enjoy making fun of yourself, let me help translate that paragraph into something I hope you can understand:

If the subject distance is adjusted to provide the same field of view at the subject, at the same f-number and final-image size, the smaller format has greater DOF, as with the “same picture” comparison above. - This is where you change the distance to give the equivalent subject-frame ratio. APS-C will have a greater DOF as for the FF you needed to move closer - this is what I said.

If pictures are taken from the same distance using the same f-number, and the final images are the same size, the smaller format has less DOF. - This means same distance, same f-stop, but the focal length was changed - i.e., you shot 75mm on FF both 50mm on APS-C - gain, what I said. The meaning of "images are the same size" refers to the field of view (subject to frame ratio)

If pictures taken from the same subject distance are given the same enlargement, both final images will have the same DOF. The final images will, of course, have different sizes. - This means same distance, same focal length, same aperture = SAME DOF, but the FF and APS-C have a different perspective.

Again, all this is what I've been saying. So again, thank you for proving my points for me and in the process making fun of yourself.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 23rd September 2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Alpha

apparently i sense that someone is confusing himself here

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    *popcorn*
    So, what's your interpretation of the facts then?

Got caramel or only butter?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    apparently i sense that someone is confusing himself here
    Aiyoo, which one?
    Alpha

Aiyoo, which one?
    got both

haha... i'll interpret it later. my stomach is swirling too much now to think

Since you enjoy making fun of yourself, let me help translate that paragraph into something I hope you can understand:

If the subject distance is adjusted to provide the same field of view at the subject, at the same f-number and final-image size, the smaller format has greater DOF, as with the “same picture” comparison above. - This is where you change the distance to give the equivalent subject-frame ratio. APS-C will have a greater DOF as for the FF you needed to move closer - this is what I said.

If pictures are taken from the same distance using the same f-number, and the final images are the same size, the smaller format has less DOF. - This means same distance, same f-stop, but the focal length was changed - i.e., you shot 75mm on FF both 50mm on APS-C - gain, what I said. The meaning of "images are the same size" refers to the field of view (subject to frame ratio)

If pictures taken from the same subject distance are given the same enlargement, both final images will have the same DOF. The final images will, of course, have different sizes. - This means same distance, same focal length, same aperture = SAME DOF, but the FF and APS-C have a different perspective.

Again, all this is what I've been saying. So again, thank you for proving my points for me and in the process making fun of yourself.
    Ok, I'm sorry I only skim to the last of your paragraph but I can't stop laughing. FYI, perspective is determined by the distance to subject. Focal length only affects magnification.

pretty clear who is confusing himself =)

One thing that can be improved: The amount of technical terms.

Wouldn't be nice to let newbies come into this section and see a squabble going on... :P
    My photo page: TDR Photography

Blog Entries

LOL.

what a show.

Ok, I'm tempted to buy the newly released Nikon V1 (EVIL) camera. The crop factor is 2.7x. I can save money since this camera so cheap. But I want to shoot with my AFS 50mm F1.4 and get the nice/shallow depth of field just like the 50mm on D700. So going by mr Rashkae analogy, I can just move away 2.7 x distance to get the same nice/blurry background like the D700 right?

LOL.

Anyways, just keep the debate healthy.

The reason we got these kind of meaningless debates is there are too many tech geeks around. Classic problem. Too much tech and not enough photography. I'm guilty of this. I shall repent by going out and craft by art. alright, should stop my tech obsession here

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    LOL.

what a show.
    LOL. where are the pretty cheerleaders?

Blog Entries

I think a major part is left out here... which is the circle of confusion.

Different sensors = different circle of confusion.

I also confused already

Blog Entries

LOL. where are the pretty cheerleaders?
    I give you some...

Blog Entries

So this is what I get... why ar? FX actually gives you more DOF???!! Not equal, not less, but more?

D300s 50/1.4
    Subject distance 5 m
    Depth of field
    Near limit 4.73 m
    Far limit 5.3 m
    Total 0.56 m
    In front of subject 0.27 m (47%)
    Behind subject 0.3 m (53%)
    Hyperfocal distance 88.4 m
    Circle of confusion 0.02 mm

D700 50/1.4
    Subject distance 5 m
    Depth of field
    Near limit 4.61 m
    Far limit 5.46 m
    Total 0.85 m
    In front of subject 0.39 m (46%)
    Behind subject 0.46 m (54%)
    Hyperfocal distance 59 m
    Circle of confusion 0.03 mm

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    So this is what I get... why ar? FX actually gives you more DOF???!! Not equal, not less, but more?

D300s 50/1.4
    Subject distance 5 m
    Depth of field
    Near limit 4.73 m
    Far limit 5.3 m
    Total 0.56 m
    In front of subject 0.27 m (47%)
    Behind subject 0.3 m (53%)
    Hyperfocal distance 88.4 m
    Circle of confusion 0.02 mm

D700 50/1.4
    Subject distance 5 m
    Depth of field
    Near limit 4.61 m
    Far limit 5.46 m
    Total 0.85 m
    In front of subject 0.39 m (46%)
    Behind subject 0.46 m (54%)
    Hyperfocal distance 59 m
    Circle of confusion 0.03 mm

Nikon CoolPix S9600/ S9100

Subject distance 5 m
    Depth of field
    Near limit 4.9 m
    Far limit 5.1 m
    Total 0.2 m!!

In front of subject 0.1 m (49%)
    Behind subject 0.1 m (51%)
    Hyperfocal distance 252.6 m
    Circle of confusion 0.007 mm

+ 1 reason for to buy EVIL camera. it will kick ass D700

So going by mr Rashkae analogy, I can just move away 2.7 x distance to get the same nice/blurry background like the D700 right?

LOL.
    LOL that's funny, especially as I never said anything of the sort.

Please go back to school, you need to beef up on your reading comprehension skills.
    Alpha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast