Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Flashlight shop, is there one around?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    oh the un-branded one rite? Those are 5mm LEDs. I need the 5W luxeon LED one. Looking at Streamlight, nuwai or ARC. surefire too ex and not necessary.
    i think pelican m6 led is good enough... good throw..

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    thks for your pointer. i am looking for those using at least a luxeon star led, those in eastgear are normal 3~5mm led.
    check out hardwarezone garage sales forums and look for thread by "cateye" he got some 1w and 3w luxeon torches for sale.

    you can also go to www.candlepowerforums.com for discussions on flashlights. there's also a thread for singapore cpf members under "the cafe".

  3. #23

    Default

    double theads, both merged.
    Objection !!!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    I bought a very nice one at EastGear.
    Actually I wonder how bright is those LED light .. any idea ?
    thinking to get the 5 LED one from EastGear ..

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    i think pelican m6 led is good enough... good throw..
    Where got sell Pelican M6 LED? (other than sngarm)?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    is there something like a series of led as big as a studio flash soft box kind? den can have continuous bright light yet low watt... and evenly distributed.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    is there something like a series of led as big as a studio flash soft box kind? den can have continuous bright light yet low watt... and evenly distributed.
    And how much would you be willing to pay for one this big?

  8. #28

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Is there a shop that specialises in LED flashlight? I am looking for some LED flashlight but cannot find any shop that carry them. Like Heliotech, and ARC LS. where? where? where?
    I am not familiar with these brands but FWIW, I bought a few made in China no-branders from an electronics shop in SL Tower just a few days ago. They sell ones similar looking to the MTE ones pointed out by someone in this thread, and also many others, possibly even the MTE brand ones.

    Kaichin Computer Systems, #03-07, SL Tower, top floor, the shop with the baskets full of odds and ends on the floor outside their shop.

    The cheap LED lights are the ones placed outside the shop in the baskets on the floor - e.g., 14 LED for $16.80 with push cap on-off switch. I compared the ones in these plastic baskets with the other ones in nicer packaging inside the same shop and decided that the ones in the cheap packaging are similar enough in finish.

    Their "AP 8" copies (the Eastgear ones are like the MTE AP8 model) are about $10.80 each, though I think the actual AP8 is slightly better made (I have an AP8 myself). This similar model is very slightly less refined but eminently usable nonetheless. It's also hard to complain about the price.

    I am quite sure that they have most of the MTE models on their racks inside.
    Last edited by kahheng; 3rd November 2004 at 04:54 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    I am not familiar with these brands but FWIW, I bought a few made in China no-branders from an electronics shop in SL Tower just a few days ago. They sell ones similar looking to the MTE ones pointed out by someone in this thread, and also many others, possibly even the MTE brand ones.

    Kaichin Computer Systems, #03-07, SL Tower, top floor, the shop with the baskets full of odds and ends on the floor outside their shop.

    The cheap LED lights are the ones placed outside the shop in the baskets on the floor - e.g., 14 LED for $16.80 with push cap on-off switch. I compared the ones in these plastic baskets with the other ones in nicer packaging inside the same shop and decided that the ones in the cheap packaging are similar enough in finish.

    Their "AP 8" copies (the Eastgear ones are like the MTE AP8 model) are about $10.80 each, though I think the actual AP8 is slightly better made (I have an AP8 myself). This similar model is very slightly less refined but eminently usable nonetheless. It's also hard to complain about the price.

    I am quite sure that they have most of the MTE models on their racks inside.
    How's the brightness compare to the actual AP8 ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •