Thread: Newbie in Photography

Default Newbie in Photography

hello everyone, i'm a newbie in Photography, i have started shooting with my D100 since early june this year. Currently i do select some of my work and posted on this website http://community.webshots.com/user/photoshopcs

pls feel free to go in and comments on the photos as is important for me to consider putting it into my portfolio. thx everyone

i can accept any critics, this is how we learn isn't it!

Hello! Welcome to the Club!

Welcome. You have many photos in your portfolio, not sure how to start. Maybe u choose the best 3 (or the worst 3) so we can start to critique.

Bascially i will concentrate on the portfolio folder they are my selective ones.

i don't know whether these photos will assist me in applying to be a photo assistant you know, to start from the basic.

U select a few photos easier.

a little puzzled here.... ya portfolio folder got lottsa diff stuff le...archi, portraits .... so wat kind of portfolio u compiling.....??

Talking portfolio

Hi, i suggest u can focus on a theme before you touch onto other areas. It will help u understand better and set a strong platform. Maybe u can start on lifestyle based on ur portfolio.

Regards,

any idea what are the market requirements, is it true that we must process photos in studio, products etc.

so to speak that i have to separate my portfolio in different cat like landscape, people etc.

erhm.... normally we see more ppl wif portrait portfolios and weddings / events etc...

i tink landscapes fall under architecture...

if u tinking of goin into freelance u may wanna consider focusing on building up one portfolio or two..... u cant possible expect to get a wedding job wif a architectural portfolio ya...

cheers!!

Thumbs up

ya, tats right, choose an area where by u are most interested in or good, then concentrate on that before u touch on other areas.

see ya!