Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photomarathon Assignment 1 winner

Default Photomarathon Assignment 1 winner

Anyone here as confused as I am with the choice of winner for assignment 1? How does it relate to the "My World" theme?

maybe, my "religious" world?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    maybe, my "religious" world?
    oh... was it some kind of a religious place? I was not able to see clearly where it was taken. Had major question marks over the judges' choice of merit/winners... i was going like HUH??

I haven't see the winning pic myself but as you see more winning entries, chances of you saying "huh" will also increase. Its just the way it is. Sometimes (if not most of the time), not all people will agree.

yes it was "huh?" for me too. i preferred the shot of fullerton and the one of the indian man. think they were better.

I saw the print out of the photo... I went 'huh' also... maybe we think too hard at the theme... just go and shoot and dun need to be too creative

it's a competition - win or lose, it's up to the judges...

it's just like singapore idol right. so many "huhs" too. same same everywhere lah

I thought the photo of the construction worker with the buildings on the left and cranes on the right was the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    I thought the photo of the construction worker with the buildings on the left and cranes on the right was the winner.
    Are the works displayed anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tempest
    Are the works displayed anywhere?
    I think they will post them in the website when the grand winner is announced.

Actually when I saw the winner on the slideshow, I wasn't convinced. But seeing it on print, I thought it was a very well executed shot. Nice colours in the details of the ceiling.

Deregistered

Colors and technicalities are one thing, I fail to see how it fit the theme myself, not being a sore loser but I did note many other better images which should have claimed the prize instead. Just wondering. Even for the Asgt 2 as well.

thats not the worse... remember the 10 shortlisted entires... there was one with the 3 men doing some promotion for kia... i was like... *jaws dropped*

yeah, i thot the construction worker would've won too......for the 1st theme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tan131
    thats not the worse... remember the 10 shortlisted entires... there was one with the 3 men doing some promotion for kia... i was like... *jaws dropped*
    ain't dat the truth. IMO, i thot most of the prize winning entries are 'huh?' to me lor. but, dat cld be just me only.

oh well, if next yr still got marathon, i'll just sign up for the vest and leave after collecting it. guess by then, my current one will be worn out.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

The vest is certainly a nice consolation after a hard day's work. quite useful for newbie like me. hahahaahha. I thought the winner for my world was quite good after taking a third look at the printed material instead of on screen, the colours of the ceiling and composition and mood were nicely reflected of a prayer session or whatever it was going on inside. It's down to your interpretation. I really felt that the second category winner wasn't suited for the theme though. 3 boys doing back flips at sentosa doesn't really reflect the moment and life on singapore or on an island for that matter. just comments from newbie. No offense, still a good photograph but not spot on with the theme for me.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    I really felt that the second category winner wasn't suited for the theme though. 3 boys doing back flips at sentosa doesn't really reflect the moment and life on singapore or on an island for that matter. just comments from newbie. No offense, still a good photograph but not spot on with the theme for me.
    it is not literally means life in an island is like that... those boys doing back flipping can mean freedom, joy, adventure and so on.. it depends on how you interpret it but i really like it.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    yes it was "huh?" for me too. i preferred the shot of fullerton and the one of the indian man. think they were better.
    me too. most of the selected entries was a big shock for me. they are related to the theme meh?

but my friend think the fullerton one was taken some time ago, although i disagreed.

and also the toilet one, how was it related to the theme: 'my world'? meaning people live in a toilet???? or all people are peeping tom????

it's better if the winner was voted by photographer like us. then more fair.

just my few cents worth.....
    Last edited by coldman; 18th October 2004 at 07:57 PM.
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

For My World I think the construction worker one was great. But in the end......hm.
    Second theme winner not bad ... just a tighter cropping make things more obvious.

Deregistered

Pearl Jam fan alert!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast