Thread: Developing old Medium Format film for passport photo

Default Developing old Medium Format film for passport photo

Hi all,

I have this old Medium Format film (I presume it is a MF since the film size is very much bigger then the 35mm) of my mum for her passport photo. Now I need to develop this film into passport sized photo (black and white).

Any idea where I can do this? Also, what are the rates like?

Thanks.

I may be missing the point, but I thought passport photos were supposed to be "current" photos ? You did mention the word "old"

Yup.. It was my mum's photo. She passed away 11 years ago. We need her photo for some reason... and it seems like there isn't much studio left in neigbourhood that can process the MF negative.

Was wondering if RGB does it?

Try Stanley Lim Colour Centre at Midlink Plaza, they print Medium Format Negative, so should not be a problem.

My condolences, pethidine, though it was 11 years ago. I did not know, so I assumed that it was for a current passport application, hope my reply did not come across as insensitive.

I have a feeling that most pro labs, eg. RGB as you mentioned, and SLCC as suggested by blurblock, should be able to do it, just need to call and ask. Both these places, as far as I know, do all the work on-site, so you'll be talking to the people who will be doing the work rather than message passers.

Call Joanne or Stanley at SLCC on 98583502 or May at RGB Beach Rd on 63346146.