Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: Place to buy Kata bag in Singapore for Pentaxian from Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

the straps are very comfortable. kata bags are well designed and well made.

the 3N1 is just not the fastest if u need to quickly remove your camera from your bag or change lens. a sling bag is faster for that.
    Yeah kata straps are pretty good, thick padding. Better than lowepro actually. I find lowepro straps are way too thin. It's body also too thin.

Default Re: Help: Place to buy Kata bag in Singapore for Pentaxian from Vietnam

How abt vanguard uprise series . I love it .
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Many thanks guys. Seem like Kata is a good bag to get

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    I like Vanguard. But only has quickdraw for sling. Backbag doesn't have quickdraw T.T

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post

I like Vanguard. But only has quickdraw for sling. Backbag doesn't have quickdraw T.T
    i thought the vanguard uprise series design is similar to the kata 3N1? i.e. side zipper for quick access to equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i thought the vanguard uprise series design is similar to the kata 3N1? i.e. side zipper for quick access to equipment?
    Yup . It has quick draw too . Infact , another great feathes of uprise 45 is u can use it as a floating table while replacing lenses . Just lock the waist belt , turn it over and ta ta ...
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Can consider Lowepro Classified Sling as well

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Yup . It has quick draw too . Infact , another great feathes of uprise 45 is u can use it as a floating table while replacing lenses . Just lock the waist belt , turn it over and ta ta ...
    eh... yes and no lah... its not something i find useful. i still prefer a sling bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27
    Vanguard uprise is good, solid built, like tortise shell. I like the stitching and the leather zipper handle. BUT the weight puts me off.

It's bloody heavy.... I don't like the idea of carrying heavy weight on my back. The cam system already heavy, can't afford to a heavy bag as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku

Vanguard uprise is a bagpack la, not a sling. It can turn into a sling, if u want to.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    Hi, many thanks. 130 is a good price compare to Vietnam. Because then I can get around 7% tax return at air port. By the way, what do you mean by too stiff? I haven't got a chance to try it on, only saw it on the internet...
    be reminded that the GST refund is not refund fully 7%... IIRC, it is not getting instant cash....

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    eh... yes and no lah... its not something i find useful. i still prefer a sling bag.
    In term of quick access I agreed sling is better . But for carry long day , backpack do help
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Vanguard uprise is a bagpack la, not a sling. It can turn into a sling, if u want to.
    Actually got many model from sling to backpack lah . Ha

But of cos the model I talking abt is backpack with quickaccess . Actually not really that heavy .
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27

Actually got many model from sling to backpack lah . Ha

But of cos the model I talking abt is backpack with quickaccess . Actually not really that heavy .
    It's heavy compared to other brands of similiar size. It's at least half KG heavier.....

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    It's heavy compared to other brands of similiar size. It's at least half KG heavier.....
    for guys, its not that significant really. bigger bags with good padding will naturally be heavier. its actually reassuring. more important is how the various compartments are designed so that the user can customise it to effectively distribute weight across both shoulders. that's the main benefit of a back-pack - greater comfort when lugging heavy gear out on a long shoot.

if you're concerned abt an additional 500g, the better solution is to just pack light and leave out what you don't need. it makes retrieval much easier too.

its really not that fun to pack everything into a big bag and end up hunched like Quasimodo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12