Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photography Ethics - The Other Side of the Coin

Read abt your story and I salute u 4 the great effort tt u put in to protect the nature. U deserve a big round of applause!!!

But, y got so worked up over the two words "NO WONDER" tt was used by the so-called "SHAMEFUL COUPLE"(I think shameful is too serious a word to use lah!). When I read it, the first thing tt came to my mind was Japanese ladies are well-known for being gentle and passionate(Oh yeah, u already have one, lucky guy! ). So it could be "oh u r a Japanese, NO WONDER u have such great passion for the nature".

Sometimes, should not take things so negatively, tt will make u a happier person, agree?

Btw, how come your supporter so "shiok" one, can "suka-suka" kick people into the pond, police won't catch "him" meh?
    Last edited by sbb; 17th October 2004 at 10:56 AM.

I applaud Aaron Leung for taking the time n effort of putting this up. But I do wonder about his motives. Egging others to take a pic of the couple and post it here for him to identify.. sounds threatening. Stalking? Persecution??
    Its a SHAME that Aaron even have to succumb to personal attacks, quote:

"2. The man is a smoker
    3. The woman is on the fat side"

The 'fat side' woman and myself are students in a photography course, and although I do not condone the actions Aaron mentioned, neither do I tolerate aggressive and abusive behaviour! I wld like to emphasize that we are 'learners' and wld be happy to receive advice.

Yes, Aaron was angry on that day, so angry that he rushed over and started scolding; walk away, not satisfied, came back, scold again. 3 scoldings all in (wow!) and in between the scoldings, he managed to boast of all his achievements and accomplishments. (go see his exhibitions, he say) Bully for you, Aaron! I bow to your brillance..

I have reservations about his girlfriend seeing so much, after all, she was in this beautiful pose, lying down on her tummy, 1 leg kicking the air, on a blanket on the GRASS, reading a book (cld almost hear the grass yelling "ouch! ouch! u killing us")

Aaron also mentioned 'racist remark' which he tried to detract and gloss over. This 'racism' stem from the 'fat side' woman asking,

"Where are you from?

Nanae answered: Japan.

The woman replied: No wonder!"

How did this come about? Aaron! GET UR FACTS RIGHT! It was AFTER you had yelled at them:

"YOU, DIRTY SINGAPOREANS!!!!"

Do you see 'racism' here? I seem to sense a superiority complex.. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against anyone.. In fact, I have many nice Japanese friends. Just trying to get it right, thats all..

I am amazed by the 'supporters' esp those who said such things as 'a couple of stupid people' and raring to go take candid shots of the couple. Before we adopt this "holier than thou" attitude, let us examine ourselves and the questions.. "What actually happened?" "Were you there?" "Is there a miscommunication or misrepresentation here?"
    YOU ARE BUT LOOKING AT ONE SIDE OF THE COIN!

Examine yourself.. Have you never done anything wrong? (If you did, I hope Aaron will be there to give u 3 scoldings and push you into the pond and mete out capital punishment)

"Learning is an ongoing and lifelong process. What is learned depends on the way it is learned and with whom it is learned"

Surely it cannot be achieved by scoldings, rantings and persecution.

P/S Dont mind me, I am just a stupid, dirty singaporean..

Default Photography Ethnics - The Other Side of the Coin

I refer to Aaron Leong and his topic on "A SHAMEFUL COUPLE"

I applaud Aaron Leung for taking the time n effort of putting this up. But I do wonder about his motives. Egging others to take a pic of the couple and post it here for him to identify.. sounds threatening. Stalking? Persecution??

"2. The man is a smoker

The 'fat side' woman and myself are students in a photography course, and although I do not condone the actions Aaron mentioned, neither do I tolerate aggressive and abusive behaviour! I wld like to emphasize that we are 'learners' and wld be happy to receive advice.

Yes, Aaron was angry on that day, so angry that he rushed over and started scolding; walk away, not satisfied, came back, scold again. 3 scoldings all in (wow!) and in between the scoldings, he managed to boast of all his achievements and accomplishments. (go see his exhibitions, he say) Bully for you, Aaron! I bow to your brillance..

I have reservations about his girlfriend seeing so much, after all, she was in this beautiful pose, lying down on her tummy, 1 leg kicking the air, on a blanket on the GRASS, reading a book (cld almost hear the grass yelling "ouch! ouch! u killing us")

Aaron also mentioned 'racist remark' which he tried to detract and gloss over. This 'racism' stem from the 'fat side' woman asking,

"Where are you from?

How did this come about? Aaron! GET UR FACTS RIGHT! It was AFTER you had yelled at them:

Do you see 'racism' here? I seem to sense a superiority complex.. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against anyone.. In fact, I have many nice Japanese friends. Just trying to get it right, thats all..

I am amazed by the 'supporters' esp those who said such things as 'a couple of stupid people' and raring to go take candid shots of the couple. Before we adopt this "holier than thou" attitude, let us examine ourselves and the questions.. "What actually happened?" "Were you there?" "Is there a miscommunication or misrepresentation here?"

Examine yourself.. Have you never done anything wrong? (If you did, I hope Aaron will be there to give u 3 scoldings and push you into the pond and mete out capital punishment)

"Learning is an ongoing and lifelong process. What is learned depends on the way it is learned and with whom it is learned"

So this is the other side of the coin eh. I must agree most of us here reacted on impulse. But there is a reason for it. Most of us here respect nature and love to shoot it in it's natural state. Please do not be disheartened by this. I am sure most of us here are rationale people. Now that both sides have had their say I am sure some of them will feel different now.

So, did u dip the insect into the water??? If yes why? If no then what happened?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    So, did u dip the insect into the water??? If yes why? If no then what happened?
    Heheh that's what I wanted to ask too

Kimmy. All of us are waiting for the answer to the question raised by whoelse.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmy

"2. The man is a smoker

"Where are you from?

dont come here first post is to flame.
    dont talk abt other side of coin when u are there toying with insects' life.
    in case u want to talk abt grass....u just stepped on them....

dont say others are being dared or egged on to take pics of u lah. u see police posters encouraging ppl to take pics of crimes happening lah...

if i see others trying to be funny i also take pics...maybe if i see u i wont photograph u ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Kimmy. All of us are waiting for the answer to the question raised by whoelse.
    kimmy offline lah

Ok lah I wait loh.

ooooh, photography ethnics? about racism?

if u read thru' properly, u will realise that I didn't dip any insect.... I m glad we have now at least remove the 'racist' problem

Oh yes, some1 mention bout me stepping on grass..I dont really.... I m allergic to grass.

If similar story would to bring up again, the public will react the same because it's nothing personal but more a matter of protecting our nature. So if u are not guilty, u are not guity. We will take your words becos if u lie, u are lying with your concious and nothing we can do. If you did not lie, good. Because we dun take it personal too.

As to whether why the other party reacted this way, they are just showing their concern and when anger come, sometime things can be twisted. So, his intention is good too and the topics bring out some of the general public view about we do care for nature. As whether he add salt or sugar, does matter cos he cannot lie with his concious too. So, if similar matter happens again ppl will react the same way.

Maybe for this incident, please find sometime to shoot more pictures about nature around us to share with everyone so we can see some of the nature beauty around us and not the casual pictures on buildings, model etc

Let's call it project N.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbb
    Read abt your story and I salute u 4 the great effort tt u put in to protect the nature. U deserve a big round of applause!!!

But, y got so worked up over the two words "NO WONDER" tt was used by the so-called "SHAMEFUL COUPLE"(I think shameful is too serious a word to use lah!). When I read it, the first thing tt came to my mind was Japanese ladies are well-known for being gentle and passionate(Oh yeah, u already have one, lucky guy! ). So it could be "oh u r a Japanese, NO WONDER u have such great passion for the nature".

Sometimes, should not take things so negatively, tt will make u a happier person, agree?

Btw, how come your supporter so "shiok" one, can "suka-suka" kick people into the pond, police won't catch "him" meh?

Hi sbb,

Since you new here, (both 1st and 2nd posts are here). Please take note that I am NOT Aaron Leung, so do not go assuming and post this sort of comments. It is always good to find out before shooting off.

I started this thread this after reading the comments from NPS (which I provided the link in the first post) to share with the members here on the ethics of nature photography, as I feel that its the duty of a a responsible moderator of the Nature Photography Forum in Clubsnap. This is so that members here can learn.

Kimmy,

It is good to clarify this matter and your claim about not dipping the insect. We have heard Aaron and now your side. Whatever, it is best you clarify with him(Aaron) in the original forum that was posted ( http://www.naturephotosociety.org.s...rumID2/410.html ), which I noticed you did not but decided to post here and worse still with rather strong comments and also assuming that Aaron is here, and to make matter worse to assume Aaron is me.

I would suggest that in future please read the thread here carefully. In fact, I have even taken the trouble and deliberately chosen the title "Nature Photography - Ethics" and not the original title by Aaron, in order to be objective in sharing with members here about ethics.

While it is good and reasonable for you to clarify, the manner in which it is put across here, leaves much to be desired.

If I catch of these xxxxers red handed, I am gonna take a pic of em with my HP and post em on the net. Will also approach em and request for their particulars. The SPCA and park authorities/police will also be notified. My fren at the Newpaper and Wan Bao will also be informed. Full coverage of the outrageous/shameless/sick/perverted acts of these xxxxers will be carried out. May these xxxxers rot in hell, may their stinking names be remembered for a thousand generations!!

PM me, I'll wear a spidy suit and go beat them up!

What about this. Very often, photogs in the zoo and JBP would flash their big-ass flash at the animals. It is kind of irritating to be flashed at, and that, countless times, shooting and shooting. No wonder everytime I look for the primates, they all like to show me their backside, becos they are somewhat smarter, so that they are not flashed at.

Talking about shooting and not disturb nature, I think we should refrain from using those big-ass flash and shoot at them. They get wiser and turn their back on us, so that the rest ain't able to shoot properly.

I know that fill-flash could enhance the "portrait" of the animals, or when the light is bad, and give some catch light to the eyes, but remember, Nature and the natural enviroment.

Oh, u r not tt lucky guy who has a Japanese girlfriend. Thankyou for pointing it out to me.

I am glad to see tt there is still another side of the story but sadly, some Singaporeans still choose to be negative.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sbb
    Oh, u r not tt lucky guy who has a Japanese girlfriend. Thankyou for pointing it out to me.

I am glad to see tt there is still another side of the story but sadly, some Singaporeans still choose to be negative.
    Time for some IP check

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01
    Hi sbb,

Since you new here, (both 1st and 2nd posts are here). Please take note that I am NOT Aaron Leung, so do not go assuming and post this sort of comments. It is always good to find out before shooting off.

I started this thread this after reading the comments from NPS (which I provided the link in the first post) to share with the members here on the ethics of nature photography, as I feel that its the duty of a a responsible moderator of the Nature Photography Forum in Clubsnap. This is so that members here can learn.

Kimmy,

It is good to clarify this matter and your claim about not dipping the insect. We have heard Aaron and now your side. Whatever, it is best you clarify with him(Aaron) in the original forum that was posted ( http://www.naturephotosociety.org.s...rumID2/410.html ), which I noticed you did not but decided to post here and worse still with rather strong comments and also assuming that Aaron is here, and to make matter worse to assume Aaron is me.

I would suggest that in future please read the thread here carefully. In fact, I have even taken the trouble and deliberately chosen the title "Nature Photography - Ethics" and not the original title by Aaron, in order to be objective in sharing with members here about ethics.

While it is good and reasonable for you to clarify, the manner in which it is put across here, leaves much to be desired.
    u see, i dun think she's able to since that nature society requires u to send them ur full name and number. who would do that if u are there to complain against the moderator?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast