Thread: greetings to the good people of clubsnap.

Default greetings to the good people of clubsnap.

I am kinda new to this forum... so... wanted to say hi to everyone. haha.

I use a nikon f-601 together with its originally bundled lens, 28-70 f3.5 AF... I have been reading some of the posts and... oh my, so many people are using DSLRs... hmm... maybe its time to upgrade...

I have a small problem though, my camera doesn't really focus well. i am wondering whether is it the camera's or the lens' fault

pss... i have been eyeing on the d70 for some time but after reading some threads about nikon's expensive lens, d70's colour satuation not being as good as some other cameras, it seems that canon's 300d may be a better choice?

Kinda lost about which company to go with, actually. I wonder if d70's controls are similar to f601's...hmm...

by the way, i'm only 17... so i really have to think about where i am going to dump my piggy bank on. haha... and pls dun ask mi to do a forum search, coz i have done it and i am still as blur as i am now.

Wow, when I was 17, I only had a manual focus camera and a 50mm lens, u are considered lucky.
    The focusing problem can be caused by your camera or your skill. The old and cheap way is to mount a newspaper on a wall, then set the camera on a tripod, and see whether your camera focus well on the newspaper. Just move the camera to and fro from the newspaper.
    (PS, if u are using Nikon, its very difficult to switch to Canon. )

oh ok, i'll try that. think i will go for d70... heh heh... thanks for the reply astin.

Hey Fuzzy,

first off, welcome to Clubsnap!

I use the Nikon F601 myself. It's coupled together with a 50mm prime.
    It's still a very good game and excellent for on the road use since it feels very robust. Love the sound of the shutter slapping during film loading.

Anyhow, welcome once again. Lets hope to hear more from you soon.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Deregistered

When I was 17, I don't even have a camera

When I was 17 I had to use a matchbox camera.

Deregistered

Btw, saturation for DSLRs are normally 'not there' post processing is required to bring out the full power of DSLRs.

Look at Watcher's images taken on a D100, if the D100 can produce these kind of images, what's less D70. So who says D70 doesn't have good saturation

Images copyright of Watcher 2004

Pretty much says everything, expensive glasses, but you get good quality & contrast/colors.

ooooh.... think i missed those pics when i was browsing thru the galleries... nice...

sigh... i think i spent too much on film these days... gotta get a d70 soon...

by the way... espn... i recognize u from ur big red 'buy buy buy' slogan in many treads... haha...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Btw, saturation for DSLRs are normally 'not there' post processing is required to bring out the full power of DSLRs.

Look at Watcher's images taken on a D100, if the D100 can produce these kind of images, what's less D70. So who says D70 doesn't have good saturation

Images copyright of Watcher 2004

Pretty much says everything, expensive glasses, but you get good quality & contrast/colors.

the rainbow pic is very nice!

hmmm....601 is a good cam...u goin for seed tomorrow...there will be lottsa ppl there to check it for ya le...

have one too...luv the sound the shutter makes...hahah....

i'll try to be there but i'm in the midst of my exams... wahahaha.... sharks, i'm still reading clubsnap...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Hey Fuzzy,

first off, welcome to Clubsnap!

I use the Nikon F601 myself. It's coupled together with a 50mm prime.
    It's still a very good game and excellent for on the road use since it feels very robust. Love the sound of the shutter slapping during film loading.

Anyhow, welcome once again. Lets hope to hear more from you soon.
    huh? I thought dslrs also have sounds of shutter slapping when taking photos too? If I remember correctly, canon's shutter sounds different from nikon's... right...?

Greetings

the shutter of every model sounds diff...

haha..