Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you stay in such a hotel?

Default Re: Would you stay in such a hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    But you must know which room.
    What if it travels room to room?

Quote Originally Posted by adfvr View Post
    i'm currently staying in a hotel in Hong Kong and just beside my hotel is a funeral home. In fact my room is facing towards the funeral home.
    most of my chinese friends here will avoid the road to the hotel as they're afraid with ghost.
    As a matter of fact, i've been staying at that hotel for almost 5 weeks but so far nothing happens.
    well, it is still another 3 more weeks to stay before i go back to Singapore.
    North Point ? I've attended 2 funerals at the funeral home there.

yep.. you're from hk?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I've checked out a small hotel in KL in the net. It's convenient and near shops, eating places and my friends' houses.

But as I checked further I found out in a forum someone posted that he saw policemen carrying a corpse out of the hotel one day. Presumably he had committed suicide in a room there.

Now that you know it would you stay in such a hotel?
    If you think this is bad, look at this case
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/031...iced-for-Weeks

The truth is that the dead is everywhere.
    There are no way for you avoid them.
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 16th September 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

Watch out for a large rectangular wooden box floating past your window.

It's not UFO trust me.
    It's Ikea.

What if it travels room to room?
    If room number has 4 digits then convenient for Saturday and Sunday 4D.

Believe it or not is up to you.

Every hotels in the world has a 'special' room reserved for the 'guest'. It is best not to take this 'special' room if all rooms are fully booked.

extracted from somewhere:

"Hotel Taboos:
    For those who are travelling, they may want to be cautious when staying in hotels. The hotel is considered as a "yin place" and is normally a favorite settlement for ghosts. The following are some tips that one can follow when staying in hotels to prevent ghostly encounters:
    1. Provide a respectful knock on the bedroom door before you enter for the first time.
    2. Avoid entering the room right away. Whisper to yourself that you are renting the room to stay temporarily, as a form of asking permission. Let any spirit leave the bedroom first before you enter.
    3. Place your pair of shoes or sandals facing the door. The shoes must be away from the bed. One side of the shoe points to the door and the other side point inwards.
    4. Display a glass of salt water next to your bed. Salt is an excellent antidote for dirty energy.
    5. You are encouraged to flush the toilet bowl first before using it.
    6. You are also encouraged to avoid wearing black or striking red colored clothings.
    7. Normally there is a bible or quran in the drawers. Please avoid touching or moving them from their original positions.
    8. Always keep the toilet's door closed with lights turned off when you go to sleep.
    9. Try to avoid facing the mirror when you sleep. If the mirror is designed in this manner, try to cover it with a towel.
    10. Avoid placing any shoe next to the bed when sleeping. ...
    "

"There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post

Every hotels in the world has a 'special' room reserved for the 'guest'. It is best not to take this 'special' room if all rooms are fully booked.

"Hotel Taboos:
    For those who are travelling, they may want to be cautious when staying in hotels. The hotel is considered as a "yin place" and is normally a favorite settlement for ghosts. The following are some tips that one can follow when staying in hotels to prevent ghostly encounters:
    1. Provide a respectful knock on the bedroom door before you enter for the first time.
    2. Avoid entering the room right away. Whisper to yourself that you are renting the room to stay temporarily, as a form of asking permission. Let any spirit leave the bedroom first before you enter.
    3. Place your pair of shoes or sandals facing the door. The shoes must be away from the bed. One side of the shoe points to the door and the other side point inwards.
    4. Display a glass of salt water next to your bed. Salt is an excellent antidote for dirty energy.
    6. You are also encouraged to avoid wearing black or striking red colored clothings.
    7. Normally there is a bible or quran in the drawers. Please avoid touching or moving them from their original positions.
    8. Always keep the toilet's door closed with lights turned off when you go to sleep.
    9. Try to avoid facing the mirror when you sleep. If the mirror is designed in this manner, try to cover it with a towel.
    "

hi, can explain #8 more detail... u mean the toilet lights only or all lights in the room?

"Hotel Taboos:
    So mai fan, might as well bring the Taoist priest along to holiday with you.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

rubbish rules

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter View Post
    hi, can explain #8 more detail... u mean the toilet lights only or all lights in the room?
    Hi, yes, after closing the toilet door, switch the toilet lights off before going to sleep.

and of course do switch off lights in the hotel room lah.

LOL
    Last edited by SurrealDreamWalker; 18th September 2011 at 02:48 PM.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Hi, yes, after closing the toilet door, switch the toilet lights off before going to sleep.

and of course do switch off lights in the hotel room lah.

LOL
    i think most of people will sleep with some light on.. total darkness make more scary..
    i encountered 1 incident 2 months back in france... i used to switch off all lights during sleep. But 1 nite i was waken up by the TV.. switched on in mid-nite. I clearly remember i switched off b4 i slept and the tv controller did not have any auto-on/off function.
    from tat moment onwards, i switched on all lights during sleep for the rest of the trip..

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter View Post
    i think most of people will sleep with some light on.. total darkness make more scary..
    i encountered 1 incident 2 months back in france... i used to switch off all lights during sleep. But 1 nite i was waken up by the TV.. switched on in mid-nite. I clearly remember i switched off b4 i slept and the tv controller did not have any auto-on/off function.
    from tat moment onwards, i switched on all lights during sleep for the rest of the trip..
    what a coincidence ... it also happened to my friend when she was in London...

however, for me, i will just leave the toilet door half-open and toilet lights on whenever i am in any hotels in the world, and of course with main room lights swithched off before going to sleep.

if possible, it is better to find out more about the hotel prior to booking it before the vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter

Hahaha when I was in Bali I just walked into my room after check in and found the tv already switched on even though there was no power in the room. cool?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Hahaha when I was in Bali I just walked into my room after check in and found the tv already switched on even though there was no power in the room. cool?
    really ar? you were staying near the site of the 2002 bali-bombings?

what a coincidence ... it also happened to my friend when she was in London...

however, for me, i will just leave the toilet door half-open and toilet lights on whenever i am in any hotels in the world, and of course with main room lights swithched off before going to sleep.

if possible, it is better to find out more about the hotel prior to booking it before the vacations.
    Maybe same 'person' who was also having Europe tour!! 

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker

really ar? you were staying near the site of the 2002 bali-bombings?
    Hehehehehehehehe. Yeah. Next door.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

.....for me, i will just leave the toilet door half-open and toilet lights on whenever i am in any hotels in the world....
    why? You are afraid you'll wet the bed?

why? You are afraid you'll wet the bed?
    No lah!

got kenna disturbed by the "un-invited".

LOL

No lah!

got kenna disturbed by the "un-invited".

LOL
    for those who have not disturbed by 'brother/sister' before will definitely be laughing for all this superstitious... but once they kenna one time, hehe....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast