View Poll Results: Canon Photomarathon Vest!?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love it so much! I will wear it on all my shoots

    14 25.93%
  • No, I don't. Period.

    16 29.63%
  • Urm.... what vest??

    24 44.44%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

  1. #61
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    revival of an old thread!
    this year's vest is better than last year.

  2. #62
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    any photos of last year's vest? i did notice this year's vest had a LOT of mesh.

  3. #63
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    any photos of last year's vest? i did notice this year's vest had a LOT of mesh.
    Last year's vest was darker in colour and had no front pockets for lenses...


    I believe this year's vests were mostly rejects. Much of the threads started coming loose after me and my friends started wearing...
    eat. drink. shoot

  4. #64
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    time to call your friendly PE dept to send you for TAF program

    mine's fine, after one full day of wearing it, loading it up with a nalgene at the back pocket even. went around via motorbike...

  5. #65
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    time to call your friendly PE dept to send you for TAF program

    mine's fine, after one full day of wearing it, loading it up with a nalgene at the back pocket even. went around via motorbike...
    I ddin't mean that..I meant that the words "Canon" at the back, and at the front left threads were coming out..(I'm underweight for my height ...hehe)
    eat. drink. shoot

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    time to call your friendly PE dept to send you for TAF program

    mine's fine, after one full day of wearing it, loading it up with a nalgene at the back pocket even. went around via motorbike...
    Neh... I think if evenstar's size needs to go for TAF, I'm seriously obese liaoz.

    I thought this year's vest looks better. It might be useful if I'm going overseas. Looks good, can wear it and carry additional stuff to walk around in the day without lugging too much baggage around.

    My only thought... How to remove the 'EOS Professional' from the front pocket huh? I'm not 'that level' yet to be called a 'Professional'.
    Last edited by jsbn; 26th October 2005 at 10:37 PM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #67
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Neh... I think if evenstar's size needs to go for TAF, I'm seriously obese liaoz.

    I thought this year's vest looks better. It might be useful if I'm going overseas. Looks good, can wear it and carry additional stuff to walk around in the day without lugging too much baggage around.

    My only thought... How to remove the 'EOS Professional' from the front pocket huh? I'm not 'that level' yet to be called a 'Professional'.
    Use a scissors lor
    eat. drink. shoot

  8. #68
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    My only thought... How to remove the 'EOS Professional' from the front pocket huh? I'm not 'that level' yet to be called a 'Professional'.
    i have one given by a friend, that has a canon logo almost four times as big if i remember correctly.. and it says only... CANON Professional Cameras... nothing about Professional Photographer... so we can carry on

  9. #69

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    pretty bad actually... can't really use with any lenses. The one Nikon sponsored and was given out during the last SEA games was good (can actualy use to carry lenses,e tc.) but too thick to be worn in this weather.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    pretty bad actually... can't really use with any lenses. The one Nikon sponsored and was given out during the last SEA games was good (can actualy use to carry lenses,e tc.) but too thick to be worn in this weather.
    Maybe for smaller kit lenses yes. Not big, constant aperture Ls.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    i have one given by a friend, that has a canon logo almost four times as big if i remember correctly.. and it says only... CANON Professional Cameras... nothing about Professional Photographer... so we can carry on
    Well, I'd be much too embarassed to wear it if it screams any word 'Professional' and I slip up giving sub-par shots.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  12. #72
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    After reading this thread I think Canon President Mitarai san will say:

    "Free one also want to complain meh?"


  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,805
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I'll see if it's worth the effort to remove the EOS and Canon word on the vest first.. heehee else I'll just put it up for sale. Left it in the car boot most of the them. Hehehe... I would be outta my mind to wear it while shooting, weather's so damn hot!
    Give it to me then ....... I am not a die-hard supporter of any partcular camera brand, even though I am not a Canon user ......

  14. #74
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    hahahhaha... pple.. NPNT lah..... post pic on the "pro" word...

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,105

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Tot this is a free gift? Why ppl are selling it away? My friend jus give me one new one but last year model. Look great!

  16. #76

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    Tot this is a free gift? Why ppl are selling it away?
    Of course, many people are selling their Canon vests away.

    Firstly, how many loyal Canon users are there in the photo marathon? They will never wear it even if you force their throats down to the water.

    Secondly, since most people did not walk away with any prizes, by selling the vest for $30-$40, it can help to cover some of the cost of participation such as transportation, makan, etc.

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Of course, many people are selling their Canon vests away.

    Firstly, how many loyal Canon users are there in the photo marathon? They will never wear it even if you force their throats down to the water.

    Secondly, since most people did not walk away with any prizes, by selling the vest for $30-$40, it can help to cover some of the cost of participation such as transportation, makan, etc.
    I think if u strip away the large CANON word and EOS Professional thing on the pocket, I'm sure lotsa ppl would wear it.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West of S'pore
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i'll wear it if i'm shooting in winter, otherwise think i'll die of heat exhaustion.
    what is the vest made of? is it mesh, so its airy? or is it complete nylon....how come u guys say its hot...?

  19. #79
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    look for a picture in the B&S treads

  20. #80
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Do you like Canon Photomarathon vest??

    Quote Originally Posted by doug3fflux
    what is the vest made of? is it mesh, so its airy? or is it complete nylon....how come u guys say its hot...?
    It is not hot only if you wear it with nothing underneath.

    Your sweat will drip out of the mesh and wet the floor you stand on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •