Thread: Some question on lenses

Default Some question on lenses

Hey bro n sis, there are some doubt tat really confuse me abt lenses. These are the lenses tat I have currently. 50 1.8, 28-80, 18-270 and 100-300 Marco. Does it make sense for me to buy 55-200 len?
    I also thinking of getting a Len for close up shoot on object so tat the detail on the object can be seen. Any Len for me to look out for and also not too expensive too. I dun mind a 3rd party Len also.

Default Re: Some question on lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens View Post
    Hey bro n sis, there are some doubt tat really confuse me abt lenses. These are the lenses tat I have currently. 50 1.8, 28-80, 18-270 and 100-300 Marco. Does it make sense for me to buy 55-200 len?
    I also thinking of getting a Len for close up shoot on object so tat the detail on the object can be seen. Any Len for me to look out for and also not too expensive too. I dun mind a 3rd party Len also.
    I don't see how 55-200 complements your current inventory. You already have a all in one and tele-zoom.

If you are interested in macro w/o forking out too much $, do consider extension tubes, raynox 250 or other close up filters.

it doesn't make sense. 3 of your lenses are covering or covering part of the range. Unless there is something only this 55-200 can "provide" you, then perhaps it makes sense which I don't see any. Maybe better iq or lighter....
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    I don't see how 55-200 complements your current inventory. You already have a all in one and tele-zoom.

If you are interested in macro w/o forking out too much $, do consider extension tubes, raynox 250 or other close up filters.
    Ya agreed.. Don't need to get the 55-200mm...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

I echo the opinion that it is not necessary unless you are hoping to get some improvement in IQ, then you would have to compare whatever you have against the 55-200 and make your decision from there.

What you are talking about at the last part is a MACRO LENS. This would depend on what working distance you would want.... But commonly used focal length for macro is 90-100mm... Then you can consider the Tamron 90mm macro, which isn't too expensive...

well.. why would u want to get a 55-200 when u already had a 18-270.
    in terms of focal length you already have the reach.. Unless the 55-200 gives you better IQ or much lighter? But then i personally wont do it. its kinda waste of money.

Secondly.. you can try getting the cheaper and very capable 90MM Tamron marco lens.

Thanks for all the advise. I will google abt the filter n the 90mm Marco Len.

yah dont buy 55-200
    or
    the 105micro VR

Btw bro, anyone knows the price for the tamron 90mm Marco Len?

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens
    Should be around $540-$560 new

BTW, it's "Macro" and "Lens". There is no Len and we're not talking about Marco Polo.

As for the price, we have a priceguides section for a reason:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...20-Lens-Tamron
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

BTW, it's "Macro" and "Lens". There is no Len and we're not talking about Marco Polo.

As for the price, we have a priceguides section for a reason:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...20-Lens-Tamron
    Haha.. Typo error..

Tks bro n sis, I juz brought my tamron 90mm macro frm TK Foto @ $555. Not sure is it a very good price but the service is very good.

Tks bro n sis, I juz brought my tamron 90mm macro frm TK Foto @ $555. Not sure is it a very good price but the service is very good.
    Good job
    Make sure you use it!

btw the past tense of 'buy' is 'bought'.
    'brought' is the past tense of 'bring'
    Exploring! :)

Congrat... haha.. enjoy...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

A good sales man deserved a tip, right? If you want to avoid being overcharged (some sales man do not hesitate to do this once they see don't know the price) just call the shops in advance or get an e-quote. Contacts and past prices can be found in the Price Guides here.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    btw the past tense of 'buy' is 'bought'.
    'brought' is the past tense of 'bring'
    He bought the lens and brought it home
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    you are right!
    Exploring! :)