Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *58* - New Thread for the new season = Better LUCK!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *58* - New Thread for the new season = Better LUCK!!

sturridge scored 4 chel$ki

knn
    “Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”-Bill Shankly

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *58* - New Thread for the new season = Better LUCK!!

.....WTH......
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

Thumbs down Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *58* - New Thread for the new season = Better LUCK!!

Bring on Kelly! Enrique cannot make it!

suddenly REDS passing cmi!!!

JOHNSoN!!!!!!! 1-2!

gGGGGgggooooooAAAAAaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll!!!

glen johnson

reds 2 - 1 chel$ki

FT REDS 2 - Chel$ki

gdnite ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GD NITE! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!! Bring on MAN SIP TEA!

YNWA !!! It sipping tea time and let's drink them dry !!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

great win.

its surely for brad jones' son.

com'on you REDS!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ahyooo View Post
    sturridge scored 4 chel$ki

knn

if we had bargained hard enuff, he would've been our player when torres went over.

sad!

LIVERPOOL AFTER SAMBA
    Big story in The People. A big story about a big man.

That paper claims Liverpool are sniffing around Chris Samba, and could make a move for the Blackburn centre-back in January.

Apparently Samba, frustrated with a lack of similar move in the summer, has switched agents in order to potentially get such a move.

Liverpool are keen, as are Tottenham, it says here:

'Spurs are still on the look-out for a new centre-back but Liverpool are said to be in pole position for Samba.

'Despite signing young Uruguayan defender Sebastian Coates in the summer, the Anfield club are still on the look-out for a new centre-back especially as this may be Jamie Carragher's final season as a regular first-teamer.

'It is believed Samba, 27, has become increasingly frustrated with life at Ewood Park and is eager to move to a bigger club while he is still in his prime.'

curry sauce!

Liverpool are on the trail of PSV Eindhoven's Dutch international Kevin Strootman.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 21st November 2011 at 06:30 AM.

16 Conclusions From Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

curry sauce!

John Terry has never had pace, but he seems to have lost everything that used to mean he didn't need it. These are worrying times for the Chelsea captain...

Last Updated: 20/11/11 at 19:14

* What does Kenny Dalglish leaving £75million worth of talent on the bench for Liverpool's toughest away game of the season tell us? That he actually doesn't believe Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing are quite good enough? Or that he has a certain idea of how to play at Stamford Bridge, and those players don't fit with that idea? Probably the latter, but it's not a brilliant sign for any of them.

* That way of playing appears to involve lots of mobility, pressing and hard work, so it's hardly a surprise that Dalglish fielded a 4-2-3-1 formation with a fluid three of Craig Bellamy, Dirk Kuyt and Maxi Rodriguez behind Luis Suarez. The idea was for the three to harass Chelsea and not allow them to play the ball around as Andre Villas-Boas likes them to do, and in the first half especially it worked handsomely, with Chelsea unable to retain the ball and their play disrupted and fragmented.

* Dalglish's substitutions were clever as well. As his starting line-up tired slightly, he introduced players designed to improve Liverpool's ball retention. Downing and Henderson came on, with the latter in particular impressing. One run down the right, when Henderson made Ashley Cole and John Terry look foolish, will be very encouraging for Liverpool fans.

* The Arsenal hammering was largely blamed on the high defensive line that Chelsea have adopted this season, but Liverpool do not have the pace of Walcott/Van Persie/Gervinho to exploit such a system. Instead, brainless individual mistakes, well exploited by the visitors, were to blame this time...

* John Obi-Mikel will get most of the blame for surrendering possession for Liverpool's first, it should be shared with Petr Cech. Mikel believed he had plenty of space in which to operate, but clearly did not, and Cech should have seen this before playing his colleague into trouble. Sure, Mikel was ponderous in the extreme, but without a combination of Charlie Adam's awareness and Cech's, erm, lack of awareness, he would not have been put in that position.

* Worrying times for John Terry. Oddly, he pulled out of a challenge for no apparent reason early in the first half, and was dragged out of position on more than one occasion. All defenders do get dragged out of position occasionally, but Terry simply does not have the pace to make up ground when he is away from his post. In the words of the great John Nicholson, he increasingly looks like a big bag of sand thrown down at the feet of opposing strikers.

* Some blame should be placed at his door for Liverpool's winner as well. You'll notice that after Glen Johnson ghosted around Ashley Cole, the right-back had a larger than expected area of space in which to pick his spot, in the left centre-back position. That is Terry's area, but where was he? Instead of being where he should be, he was desperately trying to cover up his lack of positioning by flinging himself at the shot behind Petr Cech. Watch his movement for the goal - he was running back in a straight line, not diagonally, having left too much room between himself and Cole. At the very least, he could've made it back in time to give Johnson a little more to think about.

Terry has never had pace, but he seems to have lost everything that used to mean he didn't need it.

* It's been said before, and it will be said again: David Luiz may be very entertaining, but the boy isn't a defender. Gary Neville said it was like he was being controlled by a kid on the PlayStation. Difficult to argue.

* Interestingly, the tactical change that Andre Villas-Boas tried at half-time in this encounter was the same as the one he went for at Old Trafford in September. On that occasion, he removed Frank Lampard in order to shift Juan Mata into a central position, but on Sunday it was the often hapless Mikel that was withdrawn. It worked initially, with Mata's roving role giving Lucas and Charlie Adam problems that they had not encountered in the first half, but as against Manchester United, it wasn't enough to salvage anything from the game.

* Was this Charlie Adam's best game in a Liverpool shirt? One of the main criticisms of him from Liverpool fans this season has been a lack of mobility, but the Scot was all over the place in the first half. Concerns about him being too static could well have been dispelled by him dispossessing John Obi-Mikel for Liverpool's first, and while he appeared to tire in the second half and was worryingly left for dead by Frank Lampard on a couple of occasions, it was his terrific long pass that Glen Johnson latched on to for the winner.

* While Johnson's goal was very impressive, we can trot out the old line about his defensive frailties once more. On one occasion Mata drifted around him with embarrassing ease, and he was arguably at fault for Chelsea's goal, backing off and allowing Florent Malouda far too much room to mishit his shot across to Daniel Sturridge. And while we're criticising Liverpool full-backs, Jose Enrique was sleeping at the far post to allow the Chelsea man to sneak in and finish.

* Despite his goal, it was another odd performance from Sturridge. He seemed to want to be somewhere else in his substitute appearance for England last week, and it seemed similar in this game. His goal was an admittedly neat opportunistic strike, but other than that Sturridge did little. An incident just before the goal seemed to sum it up, when Sturridge ignored a high ball and allowed a Liverpool defender to clear unopposed, causing even the usually quiet Chelsea fans to vocalise their frustration. Of course, around a minute later he scored, so it was briefly forgotten, but Sturridge should perhaps stop complaining about playing somewhere other than centre-forward, and apply himself a little more.

* In 'Big Weekend...' I wrote that Liverpool needed to improve their shooting accuracy in order to progress this season. In this game, they had nine shots, three on target of which, of course, two went in. An improvement, for sure.

* The finest 'crowd goal' ever? Didier Drogba's first-half free-kick which sailed just wide, hit the stantion and rolled along the back of the goal fooled half of Stamford Bridge, both Martin Tyler and Gary Neville, and the chap who changes the on-screen score for Sky. Can I be smug and say I spotted it had missed straight away?

* While I'm opening myself up to the old 'company man' accusation here, the Sky analysts had a terrific afternoon. The good thing about having Graeme Souness and Neville looking at the action is that they not only have interesting things to say, but they're not afraid to disagree with whoever they're on air with. Also, and whisper this quietly, Jamie Redknapp even makes a few decent points these days.

* At the time of writing (around an hour after the end of the game), Andre Villas-Boas has not emerged from the Chelsea dressing room to give his post-match press conference. For some reason, a fearsome bollocking is not someone one associates with AVB, but he may have to give one after this defeat.

Nick Miller - join all the cool kids in following him on Twitter

Good result. Well done lads. Now just need to keep the momentum and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Good result. Well done lads. Now just need to keep the momentum and consistency.
    tks bro rodz for doing double duty after cc koonz at HT..
    u can really see e consequences in maxi's performance..
    lucas oso kena overrun

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    tks bro rodz for doing double duty after cc koonz at HT..
    u can really see e consequences in maxi's performance..
    lucas oso kena overrun

not the first nor the last time la. hahahahahahahaha

but we got the 3pts that is most important.

basket. we drew far too many games with KKJ teams.

This thread very quiet nowadays. Where's everyone? Jumped ship to SipTea?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    This thread very quiet nowadays. Where's everyone? Jumped ship to SipTea?
    Not my cup of tea

What a win!!!

Surprise that Torres never started.... he was having some good form now and this new manager left him out, instead put in drogba...... anelka may be better choice also. Whatever..... not our problem hehe

Terry, the old guard was horrible, he she be in reserve bench
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    What a win!!!

Surprise that Torres never started.... he was having some good form now and this new manager left him out, instead put in drogba...... anelka may be better choice also. Whatever..... not our problem hehe

Terry, the old guard was horrible, he she be in reserve bench
    wahahahahaahahahahaha! to our advantage. =)

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast