Thread: tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di

Default tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di

anybody got any comments, reviews, pricing on the mention lens

anybody knows about this lens

For the price of $600+ or thereabout and it's zoom range, it's really a good price.
    I use to own the earlier version (non DI)and I really like it a lot for both photo quality and weight.

Weight be a issue if you travel a lot

By the way, it's a DAY lens.

Just got mine (none DI version), it's probably good for normal SLR cam, but not good enough of my like on the pentax *istD, at least after my first try. The wide end is not wide enough on the DSLR (42-45mm and up), and the tele end is quite soft. 'Cause the speed is slow, you'll have to use tripod if shooting longer than 200mm (300mm over on DSLR).

Now I'm thinking of getting rid of it (but AP-where I bought it from, asked 20% if I return it after only 2 days since I bought it ) and opt for a faster sigma 70-300mm apo macro super II. If you are really looking for a walk-around lens, give the sigma 18-125mm DC lens a try. 'Cause I don't think you'd bring a tripod all the time, and the tamron is not too much of use if shooting without a tripod between 200-300mm.

I read the DI version is somewhat better, mostly better resolution and less flare. But I don't think it'll be much faster or sharper 'cause of the ultra zoom lens.

Just my experiences though.