Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need to Borrow Lens!

Default I Need to Borrow Lens!

Asking for information way way in advance because I'm damn nervous about my first wedding shoot.

Yes, I finally got a chance to shoot an entire wedding, from behind the scenes shots of the shooting of wedding photos to the ceremony to the wedding dinner.

I'm so scared I'll just screw up. It's the wedding of one of my lecturers in school. The date would be around Christmas, 24th Dec and 26th Dec.

Anyway, could anyone suggest some lens I might need?
    I only have a Sigma 28-80mm and a Canon EOS 66.

Could someone also reccomend someone I could borrow lens from? I don't mind paying a token sum for the rent of the lens. but I don't have much to pay for deposit. If you want a deposit, I guess I'll have to speak to my lecturer about it but she's feeling a little stressed these days so I really don't want to disturb her. (Time to dig into those thinly lined pockets of mine. )

Does anyone have tips for photographing behind the scenes of a wedding photo shoot, a tea ceremony and a wedding dinner?
    (Yay, she's paying for the film. I get to burn film to shoot someone I like. Now I'm hoping I get some decent pictures.)

Sorry if your eyes took a little long to travel down this post. I took longer to type downwards. Must make my 1000th post a little longer than usual, you see.

Use a 50mm and Press 800

If you want, I can lend you the 50mm....

As to the rest.... hmmm.. you really need a wide angle and a good flash but unfortunately I can't lend you mine coz I have an event on those dates...

You are shooting as the main guy? You will still be schooling next year?

Dun forget the external flash

anyway...the lesser lens you have, the better coz it will help you make the best out of the limited lens range. I can almost imagine you trying on all the lenses just to get the right look and focal length

just use 1 or 2 lenses and you will be safe. Usually combi is a wide (anything from 16mm to 24mm) and a mid range for close up and protraiture (anything 50mm and up but dun go for the heavy zooms coz you do want to travel light and not tax yourself) .. you have a looooooong day ahead

if you free, drop me a PM and we can meet up.
    Last edited by SniperD; 15th October 2004 at 08:11 PM.

you are shooting film, so your 28-80 will be a good combi.
    remember to bring lots of spare batts for your flash.
    if you are on digital, then wide angle is needed due to 1.6x FLM.

another thing to take note is the wedding flow (eg.malay, church or chinese wedding).

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    (Yay, she's paying for the film. I get to burn film to shoot someone I like.
    huh? someone you like?

i doubt i have anything for my 24-85, you can borrow it nearing the dates... just make sure it comes back hor...

haha....if u were using nikon...i could consider lending u something...haha..
    tea ceremony...there are lots of stuff that have to take note off...such as placing of chairs etc...

Should I bring 2 cameras because I may want to shoot b+w and colour at the same time?
    Do you guys recommend it?

Sehsuan: I like my lecturer. That's why I agreed to take pictures for her.

2100: I'm shooting as backup. And I am in school right now.

SniperD: I'll be free after 1st Nov. I can meet up for coffee or SEED after that. Even during your lunch breaks, man. Anything to try make the pictures look better. Yes, the 50mm would be very useful... Lend me, please?????
    (*grumble* Watching me fumble must be one of your favourite past times.)

Ooh. External flash.
    Crap. (I'll come straight to the point) Can anyone lend me one?

juz take colour and scan every thing la..

Should I bring 2 cameras because I may want to shoot b+w and colour at the same time?
    Do you guys recommend it?

Sehsuan: I like my lecturer. That's why I agreed to take pictures for her.

2100: I'm shooting as backup. And I am in school right now.

SniperD: I'll be free after 1st Nov. I can meet up for coffee or SEED after that. Even during your lunch breaks, man. Anything to try make the pictures look better. Yes, the 50mm would be very useful... Lend me, please?????
    (*grumble* Watching me fumble must be one of your favourite past times.)

Ooh. External flash.
    Crap. (I'll come straight to the point) Can anyone lend me one?
    Sure.. I can meet you after 1 Nov. If you want, I can lend you my EOS30 for your B&W. Yes you will need 2 cams if you are shooting in 2 different films. Just that... you may just wanna concentrate on 1 camera 1st coz you may not be very familiar with shooting weddings and having too much gear and choices will make things worse for you.
    Personally, I'm speaking from experiences so it's really up to you.

My cam and the 50mm will be reserved for you. I'm going taipei in Nov so you can pick them up from me after Nov 25th.

For B&W, you can try not using flash and pushing up the ISO .. you will get very nice shadow/light shots...

Hi Poledra.

Sounds like a good learning opportunity!

How about shooting digital? PM me to discuss! (sorry got to edit my previous post ... )
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 16th October 2004 at 12:21 AM.

I guess backup is still ok. It will be fun and a great learning experience. Not digging fun at you, I was just wondering what will happen if you were the official and the lecturer should still be teaching you till next year July. That's a real bad combi.

Deregistered

Pol, can I be your back up?

Deregistered

wah... this thread showcases the generosity of cs members!

come come... switch to canon then u can lend ppl already

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    haha....if u were using nikon...i could consider lending u something...haha..
    tea ceremony...there are lots of stuff that have to take note off...such as placing of chairs etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    I guess backup is still ok. It will be fun and a great learning experience. Not digging fun at you, I was just wondering what will happen if you were the official and the lecturer should still be teaching you till next year July. That's a real bad combi.
    I'm sure she'll still love me. I'm extremely lovable if I want to be.
    (I think. )

espn: there are already 2 backup photographers! Me and this other guy from another section of SP. How lah??!

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    Sure.. I can meet you after 1 Nov. If you want, I can lend you my EOS30 for your B&W. Yes you will need 2 cams if you are shooting in 2 different films. Just that... you may just wanna concentrate on 1 camera 1st coz you may not be very familiar with shooting weddings and having too much gear and choices will make things worse for you.
    Personally, I'm speaking from experiences so it's really up to you.

My cam and the 50mm will be reserved for you. I'm going taipei in Nov so you can pick them up from me after Nov 25th.

For B&W, you can try not using flash and pushing up the ISO .. you will get very nice shadow/light shots...
    Have I said that I love you??? (in the platonic sense, of course!)

I'll PM you somewhere after 25th Nov, yes?

Have I said that I love you??? (in the platonic sense, of course!)

I'll PM you somewhere after 25th Nov, yes?

sure ... do your research in the meantime

espn: there are already 2 backup photographers! Me and this other guy from another section of SP. How lah??!
    Hee..i don't mind being the 4th back ups of ALL your backups...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast