Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

  1. #1

    Wink Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Hi all,

    Wanna ask a newbie question with regards to placing the followings in the dry cabinet,

    -camera batteries
    -battery grip
    -camera battery charger
    -CD & manuals
    -cables

    Can all the items be placed in the dry cabinet?

    Just curious n seeking advise cos new to this.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    these are what i put in my dry cabinet:

    -camera body + grip + strap
    -all my lenses
    -all my filters
    -receipts + warranty documents

    that's all.

    one thing to note, the rubber from my battery grip is starting to come loose perhaps due to wear and tear but i think maybe due to the low humidity in the dry cab also, causing the glue to dry up.

    my flash and batteries i just leave them lying around on my table. don't put your flash into the dry cabinet cause' the lubricating oil(for zoom head) may dry up faster and the plastic may start to crack over time also.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the advise.now waiting for my dry cabinet to Stabiles first.

  4. #4
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    these are what i put in my dry cabinet:

    -camera body + grip + strap
    -all my lenses
    -all my filters
    -receipts + warranty documents

    that's all.

    one thing to note, the rubber from my battery grip is starting to come loose perhaps due to wear and tear but i think maybe due to the low humidity in the dry cab also, causing the glue to dry up.

    my flash and batteries i just leave them lying around on my table. don't put your flash into the dry cabinet cause' the lubricating oil(for zoom head) may dry up faster and the plastic may start to crack over time also.
    Ya agreed... but normally for me i don't put the grip in to the cabi...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  5. #5
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pricless View Post
    Hi all,

    Wanna ask a newbie question with regards to placing the followings in the dry cabinet,

    -camera batteries
    -battery grip
    -camera battery charger
    -CD & manuals
    -cables

    Can all the items be placed in the dry cabinet?

    Just curious n seeking advise cos new to this.

    Thanks
    You can put anything in the dry cabinate that pleases you.

    Sometimes I put tea leaves in there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    You can always place anything in there...

  7. #7

    Default

    Really?but I thought different setting?

  8. #8
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You can put anything in the dry cabinate that pleases you.

    Sometimes I put tea leaves in there.
    I thought the humidity level for tea leave and camera is different???
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  9. #9

    Default

    That's wht I was told too.....

  10. #10

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    I just keep everything inside.. just make sure your RH % is around the range..and if you use those equipment. You dont have to worry at all..

  11. #11

    Default

    This may sound odd but I keep unused razor blades inside there as well. Helps to keep them rust free.

  12. #12
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    anything related to camera i just throw inside haha =x
    Lousy de My Flickr

  13. #13

    Default

    Wow interesting!!!!should have gotten a bigger one.wife's handbag,CDs & etc......

  14. #14
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pricless View Post
    Wow interesting!!!!should have gotten a bigger one.wife's handbag,CDs & etc......
    hahaha Then you have to go for the biggest one...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pricless View Post
    Wow interesting!!!!should have gotten a bigger one.wife's handbag,CDs & etc......
    Leather don't do too well in dry conditions.

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    I thought the humidity level for tea leave and camera is different???
    It works still.

  18. #18
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Actually tea leaves are good. It help get rid of strange smell coming from your dry cabinet. pandan leaves can too. Sometime I place some charcoal in it too.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  19. #19

    Default

    That's nice.something learnt everyday.

  20. #20
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: Stuffs in Dry Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It works still.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Actually tea leaves are good. It help get rid of strange smell coming from your dry cabinet. pandan leaves can too. Sometime I place some charcoal in it too.
    Thanks for the information.. i am still thinking i got so many tea leaves dunno where to keep.. will put everything in tonight.. wahahaha
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •