Thread: Photography forum for Malaysian

Default Photography forum for Malaysian

I think there are quite a number of Malaysian in Singapore. Wanna contribute something to the Malaysian photography lovers?

I am thinking of setting up a photography discussion forum (like Offstone and Clubsnap) for those who stay/live/originate from Malaysia (or course oversea people can participate too, but the main purpose of the website is to have a place for the Malaysian photographers to share/discuss/chit-chat...).

What do you guys think? I have no experience in this...but if we can stand together...maybe we can come out with something.
    DR KOH KHO KING

hehehe, you'll be suprised who are the malaysians here *wink*
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    hehehe, you'll be suprised who are the malaysians here *wink*
    Yup...I knew you are from Penang...others not sure...

U interested in this idea?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King

Yup...I knew you are from Penang...others not sure...

U interested in this idea?
    isn't clubsnap enough?

ok la, I contribute some useful views for a change,

the photoforums usually have very low participation already, hence there is no benefit in splitting it, and it should be location based rather than nationality based. The tips were share here, like where to buy, where to take photos, are relevent to the people around here.

hence I don't see a need for the malaysians here to have ourr own forum..... unless you want to include some political discussions heheheh
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by siron

isn't clubsnap enough?
    Clubsnap is mainly for those who live/from Singapore...or at least near Singapore or interested in Singapore (with some exception of course).

Anywhere...all idea/thoughts are welcome...see if needed or practical or not...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Blog Entries

hey! you forgot me! I am from KL ...

Actually I tried something like that before, try to gather some ppl from the Nikon Mailing List and start something fresh, but because of the wide dispersion, other than email and forum, not much chance to get together or things like that.

What we can all collectively do is to promote ClubSNAP to the photographic masses in Malaysia and then use the respective sub-forums to arrange get-togethers etc. when there is more members from a particular area.

Originally posted by Kho King
    Clubsnap is mainly for those who live/from Singapore...
    Where and how in the world do you get the idea that Clubsnap is 'created' for the purpose mentioned above?

Oh no, sooner or later, someone is going to set up likewise for Australian, Hong Konger, Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc etc.....

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Where and how in the world do you get the idea that Clubsnap is 'created' for the purpose mentioned above?
    It might not have been created for that purpose...but the fact is that many/most of the members here are from/in/near Singapore, thus more Singapore oriented. Of course...I am sure Clubsnap will grow into an international forum in future...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Darren
    hey! you forgot me! I am from KL ...
    Oh...surprise (or I forgot?)! Nice meeting you again, Darren...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by ckiang
    Oh no, sooner or later, someone is going to set up likewise for Australian, Hong Konger, Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc etc.....

Regards
    CK
    I think it is a good idea...

We already has many good forum in the net like photo.net, dpreview.com...etc, but I think we need a local one to share things that are just more related to us. Of course...one no need to participate ONLY one forum...

Just me...your opinion might vary...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Ok...after some sleepless night from my friend...Photo Malaysia is now officially opens.

Have a look at http://www.photomalaysia.com if you are from Malaysia, live in Malaysia, near to Malaysia, or interested in Malaysia.
    DR KOH KHO KING