Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Forgotten

  1. #1

    Default Forgotten

    Hey guys,

    Some shots I snapped of a semi-abandoned HDB estate. Comments most welcome!

    #1


    #2


    #3

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    #1,#3 and #10 just, "got" me, u know? They're so striking it's scary. Sweet stuff.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    #1,#3 and #10 just, "got" me, u know? They're so striking it's scary. Sweet stuff.
    Thanks! quite a sad place. esp for some older folks still left in the estate.

    if you're looking for such photo ops, the place is Hillview - bunch of old flats being re-possed by the gahmen.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Villeneuve sur lot / France
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I like your job !
    #3 #4 #7 are pretty well.

    Xav'.

  8. #8

    Default

    like #1 and #3
    very nice series

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    some personal feelings: #4 and #6 stands out in terms of content, going by the title. the rest can be pictured in most old HDB estates, abandoned or not. #4 is good because of the framing of the protruding weeds, #6 is slightly weaker, but the mess do look intimidating in the context of HDB flats.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    some personal feelings: #4 and #6 stands out in terms of content, going by the title. the rest can be pictured in most old HDB estates, abandoned or not. #4 is good because of the framing of the protruding weeds, #6 is slightly weaker, but the mess do look intimidating in the context of HDB flats.
    Noted. quite true. I actually started out with the "desolate" theme, but realised I got lost halfway - maybe too excited. Will work on composition.

    Thanks for the tip!

  11. #11

    Default

    sathea, Xav'

    Thanks for the encouragement!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    I get a sense of loneliness and feel lost after viewing these photo... Powerful stuff... now I have to go look for some lively photos to cheer me up...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    Noted. quite true. I actually started out with the "desolate" theme, but realised I got lost halfway - maybe too excited. Will work on composition.

    Thanks for the tip!
    hey no problem, learning from one another

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    very good series try to add a little edge burning to create the "mood"
    personally I like #3.. would be good to have a slipper or shoe near the edge of the pic...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    very good series try to add a little edge burning to create the "mood"
    personally I like #3.. would be good to have a slipper or shoe near the edge of the pic...
    think maybe i should have changed colour balance a bit to get the "old" look?

    slipper...hmmm...that's a good thought. Actually I took a shot of an old sandal on the grass patch, but no contrast:



    din think of transplanting the shoe to the table...next time

    Thanks!

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    I get a sense of loneliness and feel lost after viewing these photo... Powerful stuff... now I have to go look for some lively photos to cheer me up...
    thanks...how about this to change the mood...OT a bit



    Saw some photogs using an antique camera at Sungei Buloh...amazing stuff

    Anyone know what camera this is? way beyond my league man.

  17. #17

    Default

    Hi guys,

    OT again!

    Just wanted to check if you are seeing the photos as sepia or black/white?

    I received some prints and they turned out sepia-like. I've calibrated my monitor to match the printed Fuji Calibration Images (now my monitor a bit reddish) and the images in PS looks similar to the prints i.e. sepia-looking, but colour is not what I want leh...wanted it black and white

  18. #18

    Default

    apparently that was what i thought at first as well..

    the pics look abit reddish.. maybe u can play around with the colour balance in Adobe PS. like reduce the red for shadow, midtone and highlights..

    hmm hey, can i ask what were ur cam settings? i'm fed up with grainy pictures.

    anyway nice series! very desolate feeling.

    sam
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
    www.theyummyphotographer.blogspot.com

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
    apparently that was what i thought at first as well..

    the pics look abit reddish.. maybe u can play around with the colour balance in Adobe PS. like reduce the red for shadow, midtone and highlights..

    hmm hey, can i ask what were ur cam settings? i'm fed up with grainy pictures.

    anyway nice series! very desolate feeling.

    sam
    Thanks! I was using mostly apertures between f2.8 and f8. ISO 200. Aperture priority. faster apertures cos I suffer from camera shake

    Not sure if you're interested, you can actually download an EXIF viewer plugin for Internet Explorer at http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/. I leave my EXIF data intact, so you can right click and look at the settings. Applies for other photogs who don't remove the EXIF data as well.

  20. #20

    Default

    Hey like #4
    nice shot....
    can feel e loneliness displayed in e subjects..
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •