Thread: Difference between 2D and 3D camera?

Default Difference between 2D and 3D camera?

Hi to all,

Recently my children ask me "Pa what's the differences between the above 2 camera interms of features and specification". Wonder any expert could advise me on that and provide me some link for my references..thanks

Default Re: Difference between 2D and 3D camera?

Quote Originally Posted by laopokca View Post
    Hi to all,

Recently my children ask me "Pa what's the differences between the above 2 camera interms of features and specification". Wonder any expert could advise me on that and provide me some link for my references..thanks
    i know a webpage with all this info.. very useful!

click here!

And a 4D camera let's you travel back and forth in time so that you can see the future 4D results so that you can buy the 4D camera with that money ...
    EOS

Hi to all,

Reads more like.... "I need to know for an assignment...."
    Alpha

Hi to all,

Have it occurs to you that whoever give you the reference also also get it from google or other search engine. Wouldn't it be easier if you can google it yourself.

And 3D camera (most of the time - if I am not wrong) consist of 2 lenses on the camera, while 2D camera had only 1 lens.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

thanks for your reply...

tried using google to search for an answer but to no avail (mostly games related or specify camera mention, i wana know the pros & cons)...therefore hope u guys could help..

Blog Entries

3d require 2 lenses. You can also simulate that by rigging 2 identical cameras with same focal length lenses. Rig the remote shutter to fire at the same time, cameras placed side by side. Then use PP and software to produce the 3d image.

Entering '3D camera' to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_camera
    There you can see that it's also called 'Stereo Camera' (not pointing to any audio system): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo_camera
    Happy reading
    EOS

thanks for your reply...

tried using google to search for an answer but to no avail (mostly games related or specify camera mention, i wana know the pros & cons)...therefore hope u guys could help..
    Okay...

2D camera is basically all type of cameras (not inclusive of 3D cameras)... can be PnS, can be DSLR, can be mirrorless, can be SLT, etc.

3D camera - [i quote from http://3dcamerareview.net/]

Our ability to determine depth is due to viewing objects along 2 different lines of sight, or called parallax. The 3D camera is fitted with 2 lenses to mimic what the human eyes see. It features two lenses and two sensors.The dual lens with double Fuji CCD design allows not only for REAL 3D shooting, you can also press the shutter and take two different photo styles at the same time, this is something that other cameras cannot do and allows the photographer to shoot faster then determine what settings is more appropriate for the user, a very useful function. The 3D imaging works in two different angles, left and right and then by combining two pictures into a 3D photo.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots