View Poll Results: Is it realistic to produce a photobook on Nurse's to raise funds for charity?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 12.50%
  • No

3 37.50%
  • Depends how its done

4 50.00%
  • Something else will be better

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Is it realistic to produce a photobook on Nurse's to raise funds for charity?

Cool Is it realistic to produce a photobook on Nurse's to raise funds for charity?

What do you veterans think of this idea? Will there be interest or something else will be better? I'm still trying to get a feel at the ground level before reporting back to my in charge. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it realistic to produce a photobook on Nurse's to raise funds for charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Duinchlfc View Post
    What do you veterans think of this idea? Will there be interest or something else will be better? I'm still trying to get a feel at the ground level before reporting back to my in charge. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    raising for who?

why would anyone be interested in nurses?
    what will the photo book be about? a 101 on nursing?
    how are u going to shoot?
    is there any deeper meaning that you are trying to convey?
    is anyone sponsoring the book prints?
    what percent of the sales will be going to printing?
    how are u going to manage the funds raised?
    where are you going to sell the books?

i see potential in the idea, but u have to ask urself why or what are u going to show through the books

this is just round 1 of idea whacking. still need more idea whacking.
    but IF it is really for charity, i dun mind chipping in with the photography. i think its a worthy cause, and i'm fine doing it.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th September 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it realistic to produce a photobook on Nurse's to raise funds for charity?

which charity ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

And ur target donor? These book are not cheap IMO.

Blog Entries

why not do a photo book on doctors ? they are richer and sure to buy more for friends and relatives ...... even parents whose children are doctors....... sure buy by the carton to give their relatives and friends if their doctor son/daughter is featured
    Walkeast

We have yet to get a list of charities from our corporate comms. As for the photographers,I'm just a tiny contributer. We already have the ST chief photog and our organisations own official photog. We're trying to produce a photobook for a variety of reasons. For career counselling in schools,to showcase the different career paths nurses have,technologies involved etc.

We are not really sure if this is a good idea therefore I'm trying to get different opinions. We don't have a theme yet either.

Blog Entries

We have yet to get a list of charities from our corporate comms. As for the photographers,I'm just a tiny contributer. We already have the ST chief photog and our organisations own official photog. We're trying to produce a photobook for a variety of reasons. For career counselling in schools,to showcase the different career paths nurses have,technologies involved etc.

We are not really sure if this is a good idea therefore I'm trying to get different opinions. We don't have a theme yet either.
    *facepalms* u all got ST chief photog (huifen ar?) then ask her la. she has the necessary experience already hahahaha. she can assist u on this issue better.

may i ask which organisation you are from?

if u ask me, a good direction to take is really to go behind the scenes of nurses. dun go towards the direction of..... a 101 on nursing. get the behind story of how much effort they put in, what time they must wake up/dismiss. it might be more inspiring and more useful for ur cause.

seriously. just ask huifen. she is quite an old hand at this hahaha.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th September 2011 at 07:45 PM.

Firemen in Aussie sell calendars of themselves topless to raise money for their in-house charity as well. smoking hot.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Firemen in Aussie sell calendars of themselves topless to raise money for their in-house charity as well. smoking hot.
    Our aim is not to lower the image of nurses,its already bad enough nurses are treated like maids.

Quote Originally Posted by Duinchlfc

Our aim is not to lower the image of nurses,its already bad enough nurses are treated like maids.
    Where do maids go to when they need an image boost? Orchard?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Where do maids go to when they need an image boost? Orchard?
    Maids are now called Professional Domestic Service Associates.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

We have yet to get a list of charities from our corporate comms. ...... We don't have a theme yet either.
    ......... I hope your company is doing it FOC for charity too and not choosing a charity and theme as a guise to make money
    Walkeast

we are a hospital just for your info Bump for the thread and please help with the voting.

i think it's a good idea. it'll show everyone that Nurses are more than just people who assist the doctors. Nurses are not maids. my cousin and my good friend from secondary school are nurses. i had no idea why they chose that profession since they're very good students and can easily become engineers and into other professions.

for some, it's a way to earn money. but for others, it's the passion to help people and to help save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    for some, it's a way to earn money. but for others, it's the passion to help people and to help save lives.
    I can garrantee you they won't last long if they're there for the money ! Nurses are like the regulars in our Police forces and Armed forces except they're fighting against diseases and deaths. They're fighting for what they believe in even if they have to make great sacrifices including their own lives and the lives of their loved ones.
    Ask yourselves, which is harder and braver, fighting Crooks, enemy soldiers or death ? ...people who treats nurses as if they're maids should be left wounded and dying in some battlefield somewhere so that they can learn some respect for what these nurses do !!!
    Last edited by Ghostfit; 17th September 2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

Maybe TS would like to ask the Singapore Nurses Association (SNA) and Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) for their opinions.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i think it's a good idea. it'll show everyone that Nurses are more than just people who assist the doctors. Nurses are not maids. my cousin and my good friend from secondary school are nurses. i had no idea why they chose that profession since they're very good students and can easily become engineers and into other professions.

I agree that it's a passion for some. I have a friend who was a relationship manager in a top bank, easily earned at least 6-8K/mo, but left & became a nurse =) I still remember meeting her at a kopitiam, I was having my dinner, while she tabao-ed coz she had to rush to Changi hospital for her night shift.