Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommened F stop

Default Re: Recommened F stop

Quote Originally Posted by tweak3MAX View Post
    dun shoot in 1.4 if more than 1 person. try at least 2.8
    And for a group shot of 30 people? F/32 then? Please, don't do such generalizing statements. A lot of other factors also need to be considered. Use a DOF calculator and see which parameter set will allow you to shoot 2 or more persons at f/1.4.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    And for a group shot of 30 people? F/32 then? Please, don't do such generalizing statements. A lot of other factors also need to be considered. Use a DOF calculator and see which parameter set will allow you to shoot 2 or more persons at f/1.4.
    Damn! Finally, I know why my group shots never worked out, especially the over 50's groups. I need a group photo lens. You are referring to their age.......or people? Can't be people, the guys n gals need to counted separately, must be age....yes, it's their age! Eh, group shots now very complex......

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh View Post
    Hi all, Newbees can decide on their own to see what is right or wrong.
    No that's the thing... They see you, a member since 2008, 769 posts, and they'll then think what you say is correct. Please stop feeding them misinformation.
    Alpha

Hi, Trying to show you know better and discrediting others. Professionals don't post here. They have their own website like Dpreview.
    Only those who don't or know little post here including myself. They use their time to write on their own.
    For your info, many of our members and mods are professional photographers. Some even from Australia, England or other countries.
    Last edited by ziploc; 11th October 2011 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Damn! Finally, I know why my group shots never worked out, especially the over 50's groups. I need a group photo lens. You are referring to their age.......or people? Can't be people, the guys n gals need to counted separately, must be age....yes, it's their age! Eh, group shots now very complex......
    Who said photography is easy? But if you count guys and gals separately, will you use different lenses for them? A longer lens for the guys..? For the very old guys you'll need a white lens. Cheers
    EOS

Hi all, Let's do the reverse transactional analysis (TA). You be the lecturer and I the student. I ask questions and you give answers.
    If you give wrong answers, I will give the same treatment as what you did before. How is that

Hi all, Let's do the reverse transactional analysis (TA). You be the lecturer and I the student. I ask questions and you give answers.
    If you give wrong answers, I will give the same treatment as what you did before. How is that
    Ask me questions, if I don't know I will tell you I don't know, I won't give you messed up info and pretend to be an expert like what you did back there.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Ask me questions, if I don't know I will tell you I don't know, I won't give you messed up info and pretend to be an expert like what you did back there.
    +1
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    +1

long time no see Miss Henry

Hi all, Why use words like " please read your manual ......
    go to a workshop or class on basis....
    read before posting posting such gibberish....
    trolling with infro like this since long ago ....
    resurrect a 4-week old hread......
    don't try to confuse newbies......
    prtend to be exzpertise ......."
    These are uncalled for, before even interpreting and misrepresenting the infor in my posting. Please be polite and
    observe ethnics and rules laid down in clubsnap. Though this is practised in other overseas websites in the forum
    we should not do it here. Let us be polite to each other so as to provide a better environment here than elsewhere.
    in which we can talk peacefully in the forum just like the debate you see on TV. Let us be civilised here as it is for
    our own good in clubsnap. Welcome everyone and don't chase them away. If members can read manual or go to a
    workshop, then they don't ask you and what are you for as members in clubsnap. Why all the attacks mentioned
    above. Members gang up and enjoy attacking those they don't like or make wrong conclusion. This is what went
    wrong. This is like ragging but in the wrong place.

Hi all, Why use words like " please read your manual ......
    go to a workshop or class on basis....
    read before posting posting such gibberish....
    trolling with infro like this since long ago ....
    resurrect a 4-week old hread......
    don't try to confuse newbies......
    prtend to be exzpertise ......."
    These are uncalled for, before even interpreting and misrepresenting the infor in my posting. Please be polite and
    observe ethnics and rules laid down in clubsnap. Though this is practised in other overseas websites in the forum
    we should not do it here. Let us be polite to each other so as to provide a better environment here than elsewhere.
    in which we can talk peacefully in the forum just like the debate you see on TV. Let us be civilised here as it is for
    our own good in clubsnap. Welcome everyone and don't chase them away. If members can read manual or go to a
    workshop, then they don't ask you and what are you for as members in clubsnap. Why all the attacks mentioned
    above. Members gang up and enjoy attacking those they don't like or make wrong conclusion. This is what went
    wrong. This is like ragging but in the wrong place.
    your posts are...

1) unclear
    2) utter nonsense
    3) misleading
    4) attacking other members of ClubSNAP
    5) defensive of wrong information

and more

you post wrong information, and are corrected by the seniors. be humble and admit your mistake.

unless of course... you're just out to troll and create trouble.

no one likes a troll. it's a wonder you haven't been deregistered.

Henry friend of tweak3max?
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

It will depend on sensor size, subject distance and how much guts you have.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

your posts are...

1) unclear
    2) utter nonsense
    3) misleading
    4) attacking other members of ClubSNAP
    5) defensive of wrong information

and more

you post wrong information, and are corrected by the seniors. be humble and admit your mistake.

unless of course... you're just out to troll and create trouble.

no one likes a troll. it's a wonder you haven't been deregistered.
    Must highlight the be humble and admit your mistake. I think we should all just drop it, yes? Dun turn this thread into a declaration of war.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Hmmm I know this is a very sensitive thread now but as an observer, I just wish to share my views and hope there will be a closure so that we move on.

I cannot and am not competent enough to judge who is correct on this tropic BUT I feel the forum is meant for sharing and discussion purpose. Should someone posted something incorrectly, politely remind or point out the mistake. Of course if he continued, you can either delete the post or even bar him.

Member posting must refrain from posting wrong info or discriminating matters. However, if the member is a novice, he may not even know his post is not acceptable in the first place. Are we then to say don't participate till you are a senior or expert?

I am quite sure the objective of this forum is to bring all people sharing the common interest together. It also welcome active participation. So next time hold your post and check your language before hitting enter.

Hope we all continue to enjoy the company. For this thread, we should have a closure and move on.

Guys/Gals, got to be politically correct these days.

Henry is obviously trolling and throwing things around to stir up debates with no useful intent than generate attention. He may actually understand mire than he's posting, but that doesn't g

We should treat it as such n read the posts for what they are, entertainment.

We are trying to tell you in many postings that you are wrong. But you have nothing better to do that to deny it instead of rethinking what you have posted and considering the advices given.
    And it seems again you have spend little time to understand the terms that you have used, reverse TA is not about reversing the teacher - student positions or returning 'treatments' which you call 'uncalled for'.
    EOS

Hi, Ok If you unknownly make a misrepresentation of a fact,can we attack and discredit you with such remarks. Do you like it

and you still go on and on and on.. nv learn.. hmm you are asking for it. cant blame anyone.
    come on. lets dont feed the troll.

Do you even understand what transactional analysis, let alone reverse transactional analysis means? Or did you once again pull a random term from the internet and give it your own definition?

FYI, Transactional Analysis is used in Psychotherapy... It is a treatment methodology for analyzing subjects with communication or personality disorders, and how this relates to your ego state and any parental influences in your upbringing.
    Alpha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast