Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

  1. #1

    Default Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    hi

    Where are the shops that print A3+ photos with photo papers?

    I have ask quite a lot of the photos printing shops and they only print till Super 8R



    thx
    Last edited by ErikaT; 8th September 2011 at 09:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    hi

    Where are the shops that print A3+ photos with photo papers?

    I have ask quite a lot of the photos printing shops and they only print till Super 8R



    thx
    most digilabs able to print up to 12"x18", that is slightly larger than A3.

    you can call and check before heading down to the labs

    Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    really thx for the reply

    by the way is 200ppi enough detail for 12x18?

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    really thx for the reply

    by the way is 200ppi enough detail for 12x18?
    most labs prefer 300ppi, to be sure, call them up to find out.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    The price of some of the shops are quite different for some of the sizes (e.g S12R)

    Will there be a great different in quality if theres a a gap in price? (S$7)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    Have you approached any printing shop in Bras Basah ? I think quite a number of shops can do A3 and even A2 on glossy or matte photo papers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    hi

    Where are the shops that print A3+ photos with photo papers?

    I have ask quite a lot of the photos printing shops and they only print till Super 8R



    thx
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    only 1 printing shop(the fuji photo shop) at Bras Basah print on glossy photo paper and it dont print that big (that time i only asked for S8R).

    The biggest size that i asked around from the list above is the Grace Printing @ Sunset way give the optium price ($10 for S12R)

    So far if i want A3+ photo printing, i must buy a canon printer and the Pro platium A3+ papers and print myself

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    only 1 printing shop(the fuji photo shop) at Bras Basah print on glossy photo paper and it dont print that big (that time i only asked for S8R).

    The biggest size that i asked around from the list above is the Grace Printing @ Sunset way give the optium price ($10 for S12R)

    So far if i want A3+ photo printing, i must buy a canon printer and the Pro platium A3+ papers and print myself
    the only labs doing photographic printing at Bras Basah Complex is Shalom Colorlab.

    other printing shops in that area are either doing inkject or laserjet printing

    if you want photographic paper, they only come in inches, to print 12"x18" photos, they have to use a 12" width photographic paper roll.

    A3 is 297mmx420mm, and a 12"x18" photo print is 305mmx459mm,
    if you want exactly A3, you can simply ask for a 12x18 photo print, than either you pay them to trim it down to A3 or DIY.

    otherwise, you can look for other shops to print your photos with inkject or laserjet printing. their stock papers are in A4, A3, A2 or A1 sizes.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    hi

    Where are the shops that print A3+ photos with photo papers?

    thx
    My neighborhood fuji photo lab printed a 25x16 for me at $25. Just had to wait a few days. The have a 12x18, slightly larger than A3

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    may i know wat size is the 25x16 call? (it is slightly smaller than A2)

    by the way, may i know wheres the shop in SG??


    many thanks

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    may i know wat size is the 25x16 call? (it is slightly smaller than A2)

    by the way, may i know wheres the shop in SG??

    many thanks
    It's in the basement of White Sands next to Pasir Ris MRT.

    Cant remember the size code.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    that shop have this size? do u mean the one right beside the super market?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    The different in price will be considered in term of DPI printed on the photo?

    So far the shops are mostly using the fuji color paper

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    that shop have this size? do u mean the one right beside the super market?
    Yes. They dont print it there. It's done at the lab. I think any Fuji outlet will be able to do it.

    I've printed 2 recently.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    cannot la. the shop is dam Expensive. i went down just now and asked for the price for 5R and they said $3

    I just printed 1 5R at Grace digital and i paid only 80cents

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    cannot la. the shop is dam Expensive. i went down just now and asked for the price for 5R and they said $3

    I just printed 1 5R at Grace digital and i paid only 80cents
    Not much choice for me. Going to town is $10 bucks for fuel and another few more for parking. Add CBD, n 2nd trips to collect, $3 bucks is cheap. Taking the train is better but kills a lot of time.

    Don't normally print large pics, but now beginning to do up a few to frame n spruce up the walls.

    Was just at Ya Kun.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    can i know much u paid for the 24x30?? and how many days did u wait??

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    can i know much u paid for the 24x30?? and how many days did u wait??
    It's a 24x20 inches $25. Took about 4 days

  19. #19

    Default Re: Where to print A3+ with photo papers?

    is the 24x20 printed on a glossy photo paper? if yes, then it will be the biggest photo i ever know that can printed in a normal photo shop

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT
    is the 24x20 printed on a glossy photo paper? if yes, then it will be the biggest photo i ever know that can printed in a normal photo shop
    I chose the matt. They have glossy but not good for framing as they stick to the glass. There is a larger size.

    Do remember is done at the main lab, not at the outlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •