Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: u pay for the model or the model pay for u????

Deregistered

hey guys what is TFP/TFCD ??

Default I quote from our dear Kyrie100 earlier post :b

Quote Originally Posted by zig
    hey guys what is TFP/TFCD ??
    "TFP means "Time for Print". Meaning, you dont' pay the model, and you compensate them with prints instead. In other words, they give you their time for print. Works both ways and benefical to both. Photographer remains copyright, model has to sign a release form. Terms and conditions would have to be discussed prior to shoot...blah blah blah......"

TFCD means "Time for CD" ....same as above but if you are a digital user, you compensate them with a CD of their images

I've never paid to shoot models, the only time i've shot "models" is at the zoo outing, and i guess technically yeah i did pay to register for the outing, can't remember how much.. after that experience i told myself, prob never again, but yeah i know, it's not a good guage when there are 50 cameras to one model..

Anyway if i am SERIOUSLY bored and really want to shoot a model, i will approach my friends. i've already approached a couple of them, but i haven't had time to do anything becos of shooting assignments and work commitments. i think one of them i even asked up to 6 months ago, and still no sound no picture from me...

i guess if u have time, and money, and can justify paying to shoot models, i really do hope you have fun and learn something!

imagine - he has a good folio. i've seen it, good stuff inside, but there're many people with good folios too, don't overlook them !

yqt - yeah i don't really expect too much out of my final output, but because i have fun during the shoot, so i guess it sort of affects my output also. and well, i guess i'm not a working professional photographer, so for now output is not of concern, unless of course it's a paid job, then needless to say, i will expect a good output no matter what.

but still, no matter what i'm doing, i know i'm doing my best.. so.. okay lah huh
    Last edited by sequitur; 18th October 2004 at 08:24 PM.

Default wah.....

my thread bcm more n more chim.........hahah..then i wana ask a question nw....

HOW MUCH WILL U PAY FOR A VERI PROFESSIONAL MODEL WHO CAN DO WATEVER SHOOT U WANA ACHIEVE?? THE MAXIMUM???

hM...........if i ask too much and bcm auntie, pls tell me hor.........

Quote Originally Posted by jiujiu

HOW MUCH WILL U PAY FOR A VERI PROFESSIONAL MODEL WHO CAN DO WATEVER SHOOT U WANA ACHIEVE?? THE MAXIMUM???

so I wonder back, the whole idea here should be: what is your main question about? Why did you post this questions to all the others? what are you trying to find out?
    Are you trying to find out why the photograhers MUST pay for the models? or why are they paying for the models?

Cos reading 4 pages of replys... still no idea what this posting is about.

From photograhers point of view: if don have friends who are willing to be shoot for free (too shy, etc). no choice have to pay for a model.
    From models point of view: if happy happy let people shoot for free, then can get famous without doing anything? when models pay for their photos, they get all the pictures & neg back(usually), and it belongs to the models, not the photograhers( photograhers cannot use pictures to join contest etc).

So... whoever pays who, there will be a different result for sure.

and.... what are you trying to find out? I am still comfused....
    Last edited by k220; 18th October 2004 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiujiu

It's not how much you will pay but is it worth paying the model. Depends on what you or your client budget is....

C Grade Models - Some or no experience with any height. (Talents)
    Ranges from as low as $100 for half a day and $300 for local models without experience. Pan Asian will command a higher fee of $200 for half a day to $500 for full day.
    For this is usually free for additional hours. Photographers/clients will however compensate according to thier attitude and performance. Although some models have height but they have no exposures as yet. So this is where photographers scout for young talents with little or no experience. Most professional photographers will help the models in grooming as well if they have the time for it.

B Grade Models - Have height of 165-175cm with experience.
    Ranges from as low as $500 for half a day and $800 for local models with experience. Pan Asian with experience will command a higher fee of $700 for half a day to $1200 for full day.
    Half day = 4 hours/Full Day = 8 hours. Every additional hour is about $80-$100

A Grade Models - 175cm and above with international exposure.
    Supermodels command at least a minimum of $1000-$1200 1/2 day to $1800-$2200 for full day. Pan Asian Super models with experience will command a higher fee of $1400 for half a day to $2000-$2500 for full day.
    Half day = 4 hours/Full Day = 8 hours. Every additional hour is about $150-$200

This are just a guideline. Different agency will quote you a different rates. Whatever you want a model to do will based on what you really want to do. As there is no fixed rates.

If you are talking about artistic shots, some models will do it if it's done artistically but the lowest rate is $1000 for full day shoot.

A model only can do so much. It boils down how creative the photographer is. Plus depending on what the client/art directors/stylist expect as well. Again there is no max....

TKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel80
    Hm, I know this is OT, but what about his folio? Saw it. What do you guys think?
    Yep as an instructor, the first time he came to my course he had not much to show. After a couple of months he portfolio grew from time to time. YK took one step at a time on building a portfolio for himself, the hard way. He invested a plenty of time and $$$ on model shooting.

And guess what? It turn out he has a good strong portfolio to show to clients without doubting his skills.

All this portfolio takes time to build and it's not an overnight thing. Although YK still has a long way to go but he is moving a step ahead than a lot of photographers. Part of a portfolio is to show what skills you have a acheive and in terms on lighting, creativity, posing and compositions. Each time a photographer shoots something, he/she will try to created new innovative ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    Anyway if i am SERIOUSLY bored and really want to shoot a model, i will approach my friends.
    of coz can shoot friends! that'll fall under protraiture or candid. but if one wants to branch out to fashion fotography or makeover etc, then have to shoot model lor.

Proimage:

jiujiu: your question quite hard to answer leh. whatever pose the fotog wants? r u including nudity and other death defying pose like shoot w snakes (think america's next top model) ?
    i think it all boils down to choosing the right gal, right looks and feel. like wat pro says, it's dependant on how much the gal's worth.
    Last edited by reannemia; 18th October 2004 at 10:58 PM.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Quote Originally Posted by reannemia
    of coz can shoot friends! that'll fall under protraiture or candid. but if one wants to branch out to fashion fotography or makeover etc, then have to shoot model lor.

Proimage:

jiujiu: your question quite hard to answer leh. whatever pose the fotog wants? r u including nudity and other death defying pose like shoot w snakes (think america's next top model) ?
    i think it all boils down to choosing the right gal, right looks and feel. like wat pro says, it's dependant on how much the gal's worth.
    Thanks!

Although shooting friends/relatives falls under portraiture and candid but it's how i go t started as well. I was not even interested in photography until a few friends of mind called me one day whether I could shoot them.

So I say why not and went for the shoot. After looking at the results, I never turn back on photography. And most of the shots are candid but my friends did help me as they were already working as part time models. So instead of I pay them in monetary which they did not want as well, so I treat them for a big wonderful meal in return as they were very nice friends.

Without them, I might have been doing something else. That was like 15 years ago.......seems like a long time.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 18th October 2004 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Yep as an instructor, the first time he came to my course he had not much to show. After a couple of months he portfolio grew from time to time. YK took one step at a time on building a portfolio for himself, the hard way. He invested a plenty of time and $$$ on model shooting.

And guess what? It turn out he has a good strong portfolio to show to clients without doubting his skills.

All this portfolio takes time to build and it's not an overnight thing. Although YK still has a long way to go but he is moving a step ahead than a lot of photographers. Part of a portfolio is to show what skills you have a acheive and in terms on lighting, creativity, posing and compositions. Each time a photographer shoots something, he/she will try to created new innovative ideas.
    i agree. i know for a fact that his portfolio has come about via the long and hard way with a lot of money invested. Which is why to see such an impressive portfolio at the end of the day is very heartening, which is why he tops the list of 'amateur' photogs whom i want my agency to work with ASAP if possible.

*YK, i said amateur, but dun take it the wrong way. By pro, i think of people like Lance, Jeff, Geoff, CD, Tinoq, Russel and many many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Thanks!

Although shooting friends/relatives falls under portraiture and candid but it's how i go t started as well. I was not even interested in photography until a few friends of mind called me one day whether I could shoot them.

So I say why not and went for the shoot. After looking at the results, I never turn back on photography. And most of the shots are candid but my friends did help me as they were already working as part time models. So instead of I pay them in monetary which they did not want as well, so I treat them for a big wonderful meal in return as they were very nice friends.

Without them, I might have been doing something else. That was like 15 years ago.......seems like a long time.
    i've also started taking outdoor pics of friends & friends' friends over 10 years ago right after i studied photography as one of my subjects in poly...

it's been a full circle 4 me - from happily taking friends' pics, to studio tryouts, to makeover as a job then back to taking 4 leisure again....

jiujiu: well if the photographer is not good enough for that target concept/plan he/she has, i think it'd be hard as well right? =X

Pro Image: waaah pro is pro. lol. so i fall under wad grade ah? lol

Quote Originally Posted by zemotion
    jiujiu: well if the photographer is not good enough for that target concept/plan he/she has, i think it'd be hard as well right? =X

Pro Image: waaah pro is pro. lol. so i fall under wad grade ah? lol
    Z,

You are an exceptional grade.

The super "Z" grade.....!

Kekeke.....as no one will be able to match your grade as its stands for your nick as well!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234