Thread: Guide for Siem Reap to recommend?

Default Guide for Siem Reap to recommend?

Hi, Fellow CSers.

Will be headed up to Siem Reap in mid September and am looking for a guide & car for at least 2 1/2 days of travelling. I hope to find someone english-speaking, reliable, and definitely knows how to direct you to interesting photography places and perspectives.

My research on the area is still in it's infancy but, itinerary-wise, definitely wanna see AngKor Wat and Buyong and that "Tomb Raider/Angeline Jolie" tree. Of course, would like to catch some amazing sunsets and THAT angkor wat sunrise too.

I will arrive in the afternoon and will have time to catch a sunset. And thereafter i should have 2 full days and i certainly want to catch the sunrise over Angkor Wat. I'm not so sure i will make Tonle Sap lake a priority but an option if nothing else interests me.

Will leave on the final day but am intending to squeeze in a skyventure microlight flight in the morning before i depart.

So can anyone please recommend a Temple Guide cum Driver & Aircon Car at a reasonable price (4 pax) for 2 1/2 days of temple and attraction sightseeing?

Thanks in advance!

Milky Way

Default Re: Guide for Siem Reap to recommend?

Hi there, I went to Siem Reap early Jan this year and I employed this guide, you can see his FB link here!/kol.rachhen

He is a licensed guide and is quite knowledgeable about the history of Cambodia and I think the most important thing is that he's very friendly and like to joke alot so that makes the whole trip quite enjoyable. There were 6 of us in the trip and I only spent around SGD600+ for the whole 5D4N trip inclusive of air ticket and accommodation.

Anyway, for the 4 day trip, I was quoted USD290 in this breakdown

1. Aircon Minivan (can take up to 10 person) : Very spacious and clean
    2. Cold bottled drinks throughout the trip
    3. Sun Rise View at Angkor Wat
    4. 1 Driver + 1 Licensed Temple Guide
    5. Airport Transfer
    6. Beng Mealea trip

If you need more information, you can pm me with your email and I will try to see whether I can find the itinerary given.
    Last edited by fusionz; 8th September 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Toa Payoh, Singapore, Singapor

Default Re: Guide for Siem Reap to recommend?

PMed u.