Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: How can anybody be so cruel???

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Because dogs are considered as pets, that's why everyone here is crying foul?
    What you all thing about poisoning rats?
    Aren't hamsters pets also?
    Rats spread disease. Hamsters don't.

  2. #22

    Default

    Human spread disease too :P, remember sars? Okay okay, different

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Although the way this dog was killed is sad, I wonder how many of us stand still at the millions of chickens, pigs, cows etc. that are being slaughtered all over the world? Many people arebeing offended to see cats and dogs being cruelly killed but these same people are happily eating chicken burgers, beef and prok meat etc.......are those animals less sorrowful as dogs and cats?

    Any being (with a mind) don't want to be killed.........I believe only vegetarians have the right to give comments on these kind of cruelty.........I am not a vegetarian, so I won't give comment......

    Just reminds me of those western people who got sick at the notion that South Koreans like to eat dog meat....but they themselves are killing more pigs per year than there are human beings in Europe!

    Hong Sien
    Food chain.
    Slaughtering animals for a purpose. To eat them. Cooking them not to display our culinary skills. To eat them.
    We need them (animals) for survival. There are alternative sources of food (protein) , but there aren't enough.

    Plants are living things too. They still end up dead on our plates as food. Who feel sad for them? Feeling sad for plants? It's a joke. But they are still living things.

    If all the animals /insects/plants were dead and we were left with nothing to eat, we would kill humans for food . (Natural selection?) This is nature. This is sad, but it is still nature. Who can change nature?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    Yup. The canines and incisors are not there for fun. If we are meant to be vegetarian, we would have different teeth.
    Yes, we are omnivorous but we have a choice........its up to us what we eat.....unlike strictly carnivorous animals that can't digest plant material. BTW: two apes (gorillas and gelada baboons) that have the largest canines are vegetarians....

    Hong Sien

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Those ppl are siao one la!
    I know in Japan ppl also damn siao, they cook the fish alive and eat the fish alive while the fish head and tail are still jumping about!
    Those ppl will have to go to hell due to the bad karma that they had done!!

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Contrarian view.....

    I'm going to be contrarian here, and be flamed for it no doubt......

    Put aside for a moment, all the rationalisations about how people can be so cruel. For sure, there are some monstrous people, just look at the mass graves in Bosnia, the genocide in Cambodia in the 70's; sickens the stomach and inexcusable......but totally irrelevant to the discussion about animal rights and cruelty to animals, because........animals have limited rights, which are generally subservient to the rights of humans. This is not only true legally, but also I believe from a moral, ethical and religious standpoint. Make no mistake, I am strongly against random acts of violence/cruelty against animals by people, but I am equally against folk using this as an excuse to play up animal rights.

    In fact, the irony is that people have more responsibilities to animals than animals have to each other! Imagine, if I were to catch a bird, break its wings, poke at its eye and leave it to die, I think I would be quite liable for prosecution. However, if another bird did that to its fellow bird, it would be quite free to fly off and, and repeat the act the following day. So, all the pontification in this thread about how "unusual" cruel treatment to animals is, really hold no water, considering the baseline state of wild animals really is to inflict/suffer cruel treatment on/from members of its own species or otherwise.

    For those of you who think you would rather be friends with animals than humans, be thankful your parents didn't feel that way! Btw, I'm not aware of any dog with an IQ of 80. If you find one, count yourself lucky, you'd probably make loads of money showing him off. OTOH, with that level of IQ, he might want to strike out on his own.....

    My $0.02

    Oh yeah, I assert my right to have Filet Mignon tonight, the rights of the Australian cow not withstanding.
    Last edited by dkw; 16th October 2004 at 01:36 PM.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    Because we unfortunatley live in a society full of idoits who think that animals are not as good as humans because we have language, yet I ponder, just because dogs/animals cannot speak (using words), they have a language that is more intrinsically sophiscated than ours. They also have instincts which are more intune. They're honest, unlike humans who cheat, who rob, who kill. Let me ask, what is the IQ of a dog....would you say about 80? The average IQ of a human is 100...yet something with an IQ of say 80, is loyal, shows affections, protects the family/house. For people who have a very high IQ, what do you the rest of humanity seems like to him. I wonder what Eistein or Newton would say to that?
    this sounds familiar....do you watch anime?

    One of the bad guys asked the good guy : " why can't i kill human" . Then the good guy dunno how to answer. Then the bad guy asked again, why people can kill dog, pig, fish, lamb, cow..etc...when can't he kill human?

    So, if you are a meat eater , you are consider an animal killer, you didnt't do it but your demand make others to do it. So you eat pork, mutton, beef, i consider it that you kill them. So, if you can kill them, why can't people poison dog, kill dog?? Ironic.



    People always said how they love lives but then they find another way to kill lives.
    Last edited by ninelives; 16th October 2004 at 02:46 PM.
    Objection !!!

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Those ppl are siao one la!
    I know in Japan ppl also damn siao, they cook the fish alive and eat the fish alive while the fish head and tail are still jumping about!
    Those ppl will have to go to hell due to the bad karma that they had done!!

    duh !! wat is the different between eating live fish and dead fish!!! you still eating fish. lmao. go get some books on Buddhist Studies.
    Last edited by ninelives; 16th October 2004 at 02:53 PM.
    Objection !!!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    If I have nothing nice to say about this, I might as well not say it. I have had just about had enough with all this environmentalist, animal right propaganda. Since we like to talk about animal right and the chain. People. We should not have to choice, killing for it is way of life. I don't give a **** about how you perceive it or how we should be vegetarian, that's your choice, good for you...and soon, you will have less hair (notice how vegetarians have thin hair, are left-wing propagandist and so damn skinny it's not funny...and on males, that's a bad thing..trust me.). In the animal kingdom, it was survival of the fittess mentality, so how about we steralise the retards, kill all the old people, murder the ones with bad genes and live in a wonderful manufactured society.
    There is a difference between us and animals......animals follow instincts, we have a mind that we can use, or you would rather be more animal like, I suppose you don't know much about vegetarians rather than having cliche views: lots of vegatarians that I know can be fat too (unhealthy eating of too much oils/fats :-)). Anyway, slightly skinny people live longer statistically........not eating meat is actually more of a health choice, moral grounds are something else...nothing mare bad about being left wing than right wing :-), right wing is worse....you should know the history of right wings....and you call yourself a journalist student?

  10. #30

    Default

    Delicacy to some maybe taboo to others.
    It's just how the others want to bring up the issue.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nikon World Wide
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    kyrie100 is very tempremental and pissed off at the moment...so warning to everyone, trend carefully.
    Dont get too hot loi!

    In this world, theres always good people n bad assho...!

    Good ones sometime due to stress will turn bad!

    Bad ones sometime with turn good!

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nikon World Wide
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Human can never be 100% good nor 100% bad!

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Photominia
    Good ones sometime due to stress will turn bad!

    Bad ones sometime with turn good!
    movie you mean?
    Objection !!!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    this sounds familiar....do you watch anime?

    One of the bad guys asked the good guy : " why can't i kill human" . Then the good guy dunno how to answer. Then the bad guy asked again, why people can kill dog, pig, fish, lamb, cow..etc...when can't he kill human?
    The reason is that humans are not animals.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    The reason is that humans are not animals.
    human eat to live, kill to survive, animal does that too. So, what is the different?
    Objection !!!

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Oh dear. one more guy to flame. me

    Humans are animals. Hee Hee... there's only 2 kingdom plants and animal (don't ask me how to spell that wierd latin or watever name), and we are in that animal one. The only difference is that we have a higher level of self awareness, self conciousness and intelligence. Doesn't mean much, it's just our way of surviving, these traits are just like claws on a feline, fangs on a canine or wings of a bird.

    And i believe we humans, although omnivourous, are primary meat eaters, just like canines (even wloves will chew bark if it's hungry). We are unable to obtain most of the nutrition and energy from plant matter, we have crappy means of digesting plant matter. When we munch a bunch of leaves, most of it pass through the other end, if we were made to eat that much leaves, we won't just have an appendics, it'll be a '2nd stomach' to ferment plant matter or at least have cellulase to ultilize the bulk of energy locked up in the fibre of plants. Or maybe we'll be like rabbits and eat our own crap so that we can digest the food twice.

    Regarding the guy poisoning dogs... it's that his actions are not acceptable in our society and culture, or at least in the eyes of law makers. Different cultures and society have different standards. We say killing and eating humans are no-no, but this are important aspect of some other cultures. (usually food starve ones, tho, why starve when there are truck loads of burgers out on the battlefield? don't waste )

    Every individual has their own personal opinion, depending on personal experiences, indirect experiences and genetics. And everyone has their right to haves these opinions. So, let's stop wacking each other with our lens, just give them all to me.
    Last edited by Flare; 16th October 2004 at 04:39 PM.

  17. #37

    Default

    Finally someone said something sensible...
    Don't change others' ways of thinking just because you think differently.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    People who don't believe that humans are animals, I suggest that you stop p**ing, stop shi**ing, stop having sex (if you have any) coz animals do it...and since humans are on a higher platform than animals, I suggest they stop reproducing and end their line so that their "decendents" can carry on their moral stance.... :P Good day to you.
    My my, getting a little personal aren't we. The last time I checked, my neighbour's pet dog, about the same age as my son, had not yet been accorded the same rights under the law, so I guess there is a difference. I had fish and chicken for dinner last night, but no roasted human, 'coz I guess it would be kinda wrong. When patient's had SARs last year, the doctors tried pretty hard to keep them alive, whilst the millions of bird flu chickens were put down, so I guess there is a different value placed on the lives of SARs humans versus bird flu chickens. I don't recall any animal in recent times receiving sanction (by humans or their own species) for raping a fellow animal, so I guess the idea of illicit coerced intercourse between animals is not considered a heinous crime, quite different from the human condition, presumably.

    Why are we different? Values, and the the ability to act on them.

    Apart from some ridiculous reductionist biological examples about bodily functions, tell me why humans are not different from animals......

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    I am not saying that we are the same, but there are different levels. One can be human (with values and the abiltity the act on them) and still be an animals, being of the evolutation of the apes. It's not one or the other, coz things can be overlap, like subsets.

    ninelives...a big hi-fi! (On your behind...that's your location isn't it? )
    Obviously the demarcation is on the basis of self-consciousness, values and beliefs. Humans share 90% of genes with the puffer-fish, I don't think anybody would argue that humans=puffer-fish. Likewise, although we share 99% of our DNA with chimps, that don't make us chimps (I do happen to believe in evolution by the way, having spent a lot of personal time studying it).

    Just because we have many similar physiological functions as animals, do not then imply that we ARE animals. The distinction is at a higher level, and your argument (and others) of egalitarism of rights and hierarchy falls apart on that basis.

    "When we stop believing we are different from animals, we remove all excuse for not behaving like one."

    I'll teach my boy to respect the environment and the creatures that share our planet, but I'm not telling him we are the same as animals, 'coz we're not.

  20. #40

    Default

    It is becos we determine our live and we assume that we determine other spieces life too. We are animal, so do pigs, spiders. Animals = living things that able to move by itself. "Ani"-mal. Animal root then includes mamals, fishes, insects, germs etc.

    We assume we can determine other spieces life because we are smarter. That will mean that if tomorrow aliens would to rule our earth, we will all have to be treated like other animals. What if apes suddenly become smarter then humans? Then I guess base on many people's theory here, we will all deserve to be lock in cage

    We kill for food sure, that hasn't change millions of years. So, next time when shark attack or crocodile attack or some tourist eaten by lion. It's part of evolution and we give the victim our deepest sorrow and silent for 1min. Moreever, lions, crocodile act instintly and cannot think and choose to eat vegetable like us. Even a tourist eaten my croc becos he when to provoke the repile will end up it's the croc's fault, sure then will be put down.

    There is no human's fault when human vs animal or hummm... other non human.

    Oh, dun argue. It is bcos we are human and we have self-interest that is why we are selfish, make excuses etc.
    Last edited by whoelse; 16th October 2004 at 05:59 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •