Thread: Which 2.5" HDD?

Default Which 2.5" HDD?

thinking of buying the SHowMe portable HDD case with inbuilt card reader, any reccommendations on which 2.5" HDD to buy? haven't had good experience with fujitsu though....

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    thinking of buying the SHowMe portable HDD case with inbuilt card reader, any reccommendations on which 2.5" HDD to buy? haven't had good experience with fujitsu though....
    I juz bought a Toshiba 80GB/5400rpm with 16MB cache as my laptop ext storage. Silent and fast

Quote Originally Posted by CAMEDIA
    I juz bought a Toshiba 80GB/5400rpm with 16MB cache as my laptop ext storage. Silent and fast
    how much you bought it and where? thanks

bro younever mention how much you pay for the drive .

I would recommand Samsung 40GB 5400rpm now selling only $129, got mine $150

Lightbulb

how does one connect a ext HDD to a desktop? is it through a USB2.0 wire?

yep, via usb.

i've had others suggesting to stick to maxtor or seagate also....sim lim still the cheapest place?

I think Samsung is currently the cheapest.

can check out at sim lim.

some prices here

The 80GB cost $315 with 3 years warranty. Check out http://www.hardwarezone.com to get the latest prices. My colleague bought the same but 60GB for abt $210...I always go for higher capacity but the 60GB is more cost effective than buying the top range.
    Last edited by CAMEDIA; 15th October 2004 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    i looking for something like that too.. where to buy and how much? is there any url to know more abt the product? thanks for info in adv

Samsung is great if you are buying a brand new one, I picked my self up a second hand 10gb IBM for $50 with my $15 case, it is wokring good but I am tihnking about getting a Vosonic VP3310 xDrive Pro with a Samsung SpinPoint 40GB UATA100 2.5IN 8MB 5400RPM HDD because it is the ONLY drive I am able to find with xD card support, any one know of any others?

no one suggested seagate?