Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential owner of new D700

Blog Entries

Default Re: Potential owner of new D700

Quote Originally Posted by Leong KM View Post
    I've been considering very seriously to go for D700 (from Canon 30D & 40D) recently and will be buying it in next few days.
    The 1st lens I'll go with D700 will be AF-S 24-70mm.
    Total damage cost is pretty high compared to EOS 30D/40D which I owned, hence I'll need to be prudent in picking a good one (instead of a lemon).
    To all experts here, which retailers you think is good in terms of service and patient enough for me to test with it?
    Which retailer usually hv more newer stock?
    What do I look/check/test for in the shop regards to body and the lens I mentioned above?

Appreciate you all can share some experiences.

Never hv such feeling previously.. Not sure why?
    if you are buying new from the authorised dealers in SG, you should be safe.

but... why want to go D700? doesn't canon have pretty good selection of full-frame cameras already? you do realise that you are going to blow a big hole in ur wallet with this change? since you are already in the canon system, why don't stick with it? unless you have a specific need that only a FF camera can fulfill... actually the DX cameras nowadays are just as good. the perceived lack of wide angle lenses are pretty much a moot point with so many 3rd party options nowadays.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

^There is only one affordable full frame which is 5D2 currently available for the average consumers.

I would say that D700 and 5D2 are targeted at different consumers, those in search of cleaner images at high ISO and those in search of awesome video respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong KM View Post
    . . . Never hv such feeling previously.. Not sure why?
    Due to the slowing economic?

The D700 is a great camera, performance and handling. The 24-70mm would be a great lens to pair it. You can try them out at NSC.

I'm using the Nikon D700 with the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 and have never regretted. You can try TK Foto at Funan ... their service is good too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasdeep View Post
    Since D700 replacement maybe coming in a few months so you can consider waiting for it or purchase a used one for cheaper price. To me a used set seems a wiser choice but if you have the money, more power to you
    It really depends also. If you look hard enough, you can buy the D700 new at prices lower than many are asking for their out of warranty used D700s.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It really depends also. If you look hard enough, you can buy the D700 new at prices lower than many are asking for their out of warranty used D700s.
    hmm, a new set cheaper than $2200? i dont think so.. i believed the cheapest i checked in malaysia was about S$2500 while i was shopping for one but ended up buying a used unit with low SC

A ghastly, pale skinned Canon user walked up to me said, "I heard Nikon is good in flash and focusing and ergonomics and ISO, can I see your D700?"

I agreed and he took a shot, looked at the LCD playback and his eyes and mouth suddenly widen in enlightenment and there a glow of light underlighting his face akin to one reflected off a gold reflector.

I then said in a deep mysterious voice underneath the dark hood I was wearing "Welcome to the dark side"

He nodded and headed to Peninsular Plaza.

Drama aside, MS Color allowed me an exchange of 24-70 with faulty barrel a few days later after purchase when I discovered the fault. Florence super steady, two thumbs up for Florence.

J316 also great service but you must be very free to go to there because they very talkative buy something simple can chat whole day. Not for the impatient.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Blog Entries

hmm, a new set cheaper than $2200? i dont think so.. i believed the cheapest i checked in malaysia was about S$2500 while i was shopping for one but ended up buying a used unit with low SC
    Most are asking for 2.5-2.7 in BnS, if you haven't noticed. Only a handful are selling at 2.2-2.4 range.

Most are asking for 2.5-2.7 in BnS, if you haven't noticed. Only a handful are selling at 2.2-2.4 range.
    i guess it depends on timing, when NR rumored the D700 replacement in aug, the BnS price drops because many users try to offload their set..
    now that D700 replacement is no where in sight for 2011, the BnS price went up a little but you will still find someone selling cheap once in a while

Blog Entries

i guess it depends on timing, when NR rumored the D700 replacement in aug, the BnS price drops because many users try to offload their set..
    now that D700 replacement is no where in sight for 2011, the BnS price went up a little but you will still find someone selling cheap once in a while
    Well, the 2.2-2.3 sets are mostly a couple of years old with SC usually upwards of 20+ to 60k. Add 200-300 more for a brand new set with malaysian warranty? I would still go new.

Well, the 2.2-2.3 sets are mostly a couple of years old with SC usually upwards of 20+ to 60k. Add 200-300 more for a brand new set with malaysian warranty? I would still go new.
    guess im one of the lucky ones that got really good deal then

Wow where and which shop in Malaysia to get such good price?

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Wow where and which shop in Malaysia to get such good price?
    which price is good? BnS or malaysia shop? you mean S$2500 is cheap for malaysia shop?

which price is good? BnS or malaysia shop? you mean S$2500 is cheap for malaysia shop?
    Yes where to get the $2500 D700 in Malaysia. If from JB then it's probably not too difficult to pop over.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Yes where to get the $2500 D700 in Malaysia. If from JB then it's probably not too difficult to pop over.
    You can try Johan Photo and Mee Too..
    Daredevil123 bro knows it the best
    I bought it a BnS cos I got it a pretty good deal

You can try Johan Photo and Mee Too..
    Daredevil123 bro knows it the best
    I bought it a BnS cos I got it a pretty good deal

hahahaha.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahahaha.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Do we need to pay surcharge for visa payment when purchase in Johan Photo or Mee Too?

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Do we need to pay surcharge for visa payment when purchase in Johan Photo or Mee Too?
    Normally have to... as price they quote are cash price.. they will charge 4 to 5 % more...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Yes... you have to.
    Carrying a large chunk of cash over is a risk that you have to factor into the equation as well.
    Exploring! :)

Just checking two of the Usa sites, Adorama and B&H on D700, sold out again. limited production ???..from the news, Nikon has resumed the production in Japan ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast