Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Canon 400mm f5.6l+600D works in "Mickey Live Festival"?

Default Re: Will Canon 400mm f5.6l+600D works in "Mickey Live Festival"?

Tell me this thread isn't real, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    Tell me this thread isn't real, please.
    I hope that i did not offend you in my quest to find out somethhing i curious about. If i did, i am sorry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    For those who are interested, I shoot brick wall using the 3x digital zoom and my 17-70 sigma. IMO, the video quality is quite ok. I did not upload the 10sec video as the video is 250MB. But this snapshot is representative of quality as the snapshot is same as video quality.
    '
    Why don't you do more than 3X digital zoom? I thought 600D gives you 3X to 10X?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    '
    Why don't you do more than 3X digital zoom? I thought 600D gives you 3X to 10X?
    3x take crop. More than 3x involve upscaling as i read. I asked this question i thinking of buying a 135mm lens to try out and i afraid my idea will fail.

I hope that i did not offend you in my quest to find out somethhing i curious about. If i did, i am sorry

Nah, I'm cool.

Just that I feel all the digital zoom thingy isn't as simple as you think.

But yeah, if it floats your boat, why not.

I got an idea for TS, buy a few cheap Yongnuo Flashes and mount it them with pocket wizards and put it near the stage.. 400mm f/5.6 at f/5.6 and 1/200 and iso3200 should be okay..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Seriously is not so much about taking video or photo. It just that i feel this digital zoom thingy is not logical at all.

Blog Entries

Seriously is not so much about taking video or photo. It just that i feel this digital zoom thingy is not logical at all.
    Bingo...

anyway, it is good to use when in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy
    I got an idea for TS, buy a few cheap Yongnuo Flashes and mount it them with pocket wizards and put it near the stage.. 400mm f/5.6 at f/5.6 and 1/200 and iso3200 should be okay..
    This one really winner!
    Turning the whole micky mouse show into your private strobist session. What about others watching the show, asking them to help you holding the light stands?
    Last edited by catchlights; 9th September 2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights

This one really winner!
    Turning the whole micky mouse show into your private strobist session. What about others watching the show, asking them to help you holding the light stands?
    Awesome! Mobile light stands!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    This one really winner!
    haha !!... can use gorillapod to mount the flashes ...

I was doing an assignment, club event, and the person who engaged me showed me a video about this photographer who mount flashes in a party and asked if I could imitate it !.. effects are nice !
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai
    I'm guessing digital zoom is similar to theory to cropping your photo. As described by technica, try resolving subjects very far away. I personally upgraded because some lenses cannot resolve the image. What I got was not acceptable, thus asking for an upgrade in glass.

This is an example how 3x digital crop can be used. My eyes are not trained, but can anyone tell me whether the quality degradation is significant or not significant in 3x crop mode?

so now you wanna take pictures or videos????

the digital zoom will not work when taking photos.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    so now you wanna take pictures or videos????

the digital zoom will not work when taking photos.
    Video. I just curious why digital zoom give free zoom and can turn a 135mm f2 to 600mm f2. Many of clubsnappers in this forum says not possible but the vimeo video shows it is possible after disregarding the DOF (I don't know. Maybe my untrained eye cannot see the quality difference).

Video. I just curious why digital zoom give free zoom and can turn a 135mm f2 to 600mm f2. Many of clubsnappers in this forum says not possible but the vimeo video shows it is possible after disregarding the DOF (I don't know. Maybe my untrained eye cannot see the quality difference).
    it's been mentioned time and again, if you perceive no differences between digital zoom and no zoom, then can ahead and do your what you think is ok.

but you did mentioned the lost of DOF effect when you are zooming, this is precisely why people wanna use big aperture lens, it's to create nice and diffused background.

since it doesn't matter to you, why you keep bothering about what other people think? we tell you there is differences but you don't think so. in the end you are using the equipment, not us.

falling back on your theory, 135/f2 become 600/f2. good lor, you don't need to sell your kidney for the 600 prime, just use digital zoom can already. for us, we need to slog it out to get the literal focal length.

Thread closed.

Below are some of the replies in the thread. My idea is to discuss "how it works, whether it really works but I don't know why I get flamed a bit for it..."
    "What do you mean by 3x digital zoom? Do 600D have this type of thing? If that is the case, why would any lens manufacturer manufacture 400mm lens while anyone can just buy a 50mm lens that cost less than a quarter of the 400mm lens."
    "One important aspect is the resolve-ability of the lens. Whether it can make out the details even when down to pixel size. Having used the 85/f1.8 for a while, I feel that it does not have good resolving power when focused at subjects some distances away and this is precisely what you wanna do."
    'Just that I feel all the digital zoom thingy isn't as simple as you think." <=I was hoping to elicit response and expert views about this digital zoom and you answered this. Then you wrote "why you keep bothering about what other people think". This is a Newbie forum and I am unsure why I get flamed anyway.

nobody's flaming you sia~

if you wanna think that way, i cannot help you also.

PS: looks like you never participate in a REAL flame war before.
    Last edited by tecnica; 11th September 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Thread closed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123