Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: This is embarrassing: Help needed to 'fold' the studio tent back ...

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default This is embarrassing: Help needed to 'fold' the studio tent back ...

    Hi to all.

    Just collected mine (the CS MO one) yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the 4 components can be compressed nicely into the 16" disk. So I eagerly unzipped it and took out the Tent Enclosure. Just as I was figuring out how to uncompress it ... BOOM! The tent came alive and I have life-size 30" cube.

    Now I have a 'bigger' problem ... how do I 'compress' it so that I can put it back into my carrying jacket? I need to do it fast ... it's sitting right in the middle of my room and my mum's going to make noise if she sees it ... "You see lah! Buy all kinds of funny things ... let's see how you are going to keep the thing ... " (in mandarin of course).

    Help!

  2. #2
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Hi to all.

    Just collected mine (the CS MO one) yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the 4 components can be compressed nicely into the 16" disk. So I eagerly unzipped it and took out the Tent Enclosure. Just as I was figuring out how to uncompress it ... BOOM! The tent came alive and I have life-size 30" cube.

    Now I have a 'bigger' problem ... how do I 'compress' it so that I can put it back into my carrying jacket? I need to do it fast ... it's sitting right in the middle of my room and my mum's going to make noise if she sees it ... "You see lah! Buy all kinds of funny things ... let's see how you are going to keep the thing ... " (in mandarin of course).

    Help!
    Ah....Adam...Bring when meet up ....we show u...

    Alternate hand, twist and turn.....
    wonder if can do a video to show u...
    Last edited by ransoma22; 14th October 2004 at 11:34 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    . . .
    Later at night I go over your place then I show you......

    on bo? makan at the old place?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    Ah....Adam...Bring when meet up ....we show u...

    Alternate hand, twist and turn.....
    wonder if can do a video to show u...
    Yeah. Do up a video man. Then do MO for 'How to fold tent back' DVD

  5. #5
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Yeah. Do up a video man. Then do MO for 'How to fold tent back' DVD

    DVD overkills...


    Guess Tom go over your place to show you faster....

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    . . .
    Later at night I go over your place then I show you......

    on bo? makan at the old place?
    Sure man ... you on, I on. SMS me to confirm?

    So who else are coming?? This thread's getting OT ...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Sure man ... you on, I on. SMS me to confirm?

    So who else are coming?? This thread's getting OT ...
    Wah, bo jio.

    PS:

    Adam, i still have yet to thankyou properly for all your help for the camp.

    Tom, abt the idea we were talking about...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  8. #8
    Phildate
    Guests

    Default

    Haha, glad I'm not the only one not able to do this. If I come to SEED next time, will someone show me??

  9. #9
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Wah, bo jio.

    PS:

    Adam, i still have yet to thankyou properly for all your help for the camp.

    Tom, abt the idea we were talking about...
    The venue's @ Old Airport Road Food Centre!

    Wolfie ... no need to thank me ... it's my pleasure to be part of the President's Star Charity ... besides I think most of my shots cannot make it also ... heh ...

  10. #10
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Haha, glad I'm not the only one not able to do this. If I come to SEED next time, will someone show me??
    Erm ... you're going to bring the full-blown 16" cube to SEED?

    Anyway, by then I should know how to compress it so Don't worry, I'll be happy to help if no one's coming in to do it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    i also dunno how 2 fold it back... hehehe... i have 'left' it open since the day i opened it...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Hm ... maybe when BS comes to my place later, I'll document this into a Photo Journal ...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Ha ha ha no need to be embarrassed, I also have problem the first time when I open it. Now it is in the same box but still I don't know if I did it correctly, assume that it is correct as long as can fit back into the box.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default like that oso can .....

    wa... I have not collected my set yet but this thread worries me If you see someone walking along the street or in the mrt with a full blown cube, they must be from CS.....

    Quick..someone use a 1D MK II to take the 'folding' process and create a GIF for all to see ...

  15. #15
    Phildate
    Guests

    Default

    Erm ... you're going to bring the full-blown 16" cube to SEED?
    Maybe someone could bring a folded away one and then demonstrate with that - don't really want to bring my cube down but could always put in the back of the car.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    wa... I have not collected my set yet but this thread worries me If you see someone walking along the street or in the mrt with a full blown cube, they must be from CS.....

    Quick..someone use a 1D MK II to take the 'folding' process and create a GIF for all to see ...
    8.5fps, not enuf lar... at least 30fps... use a camcoder... hahaha

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    wa... I have not collected my set yet but this thread worries me If you see someone walking along the street or in the mrt with a full blown cube, they must be from CS.....
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  18. #18
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    u need to fold the cube back from 3D into 2D. once its flat, it closes like a normal round reflector...

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default man, we need help :b

    just came back from Eastgear ...told the staff to demonstrate to me how to keep the tent after reading this thread He sounded confident sia..took a new set, unfold it and wala ...the full blown cube was in front me but wait ....he could not fold it back after some tries

    Since I was in a hurry, he took another new set for me Man, we need lessons on 'how to fold a tent" ???? If not, we will see a lot of people walking along the streets and in the MRT with a cube !!!!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV

    Since I was in a hurry, he took another new set for me Man, we need lessons on 'how to fold a tent" ???? If not, we will see a lot of people walking along the streets and in the MRT with a cube !!!!
    Look like a job for ADAM!!!


    GO ADAM GO


    hehhehheeee..
    *I'm sure he able to do it now......*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •