Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by ortega

The only way to know what you prefer is to try it yourself, nobody knows you better than 1st you need to decide on which focal length you prefer for your shots.
    Yes I totally agree with that and I know you can rent the lens to try out before deciding.

This is not an expensive lens, so renting is not a good option, I think. It will make selection easier if we know which is the better choice than the kit lens AFS 18-105 mm.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Review of the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G

get to know ppl by joining outings and then you can try

but since you already have the 18-105mm you can decide if you prefer the 35mm or 50mm focal length
    at least you have moved one step

Default Re: Review of the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Good review. However, many of what you explained is a bit too much for me to absorb. I would like to hear from you. If I am interested to take just portrait and general shots. Would the 50 or 35 mm is the better choice?

For general use will the f 1.4 and f 1.8 make any significant difference?

Thank you
    i suppose you are using a crop body?... go for the 35 1.8 then... I feel 50 on FF is abit tight for general shooting especially indoor so 50 on a crop body is out of the qn for me if that's your intended purpose for this lens... but and again its down to individual and ur shooting style and preference...
    i used the 35 1.8 b4 both on crop and ya FF bodies... I must say its hell a good lens...

Quote Originally Posted by blurboiboi

i suppose you are using a crop body?... go for the 35 1.8 then... I feel 50 on FF is abit tight for general shooting especially indoor so 50 on a crop body is out of the qn for me if that's your intended purpose for this lens... but and again its down to individual and ur shooting style and preference...
    i used the 35 1.8 b4 both on crop and ya FF bodies... I must say its hell a good lens...
    Hey thank you. That is a very helpful info. Am I right to say it will allow more flexibility in a confined space to be able to cover a wider angle?

However, I did read somewhere the 35 mm does cause some distortion. Or I got it wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12