Thread: Land Banking

Default Land Banking

Hi all,

just curious but does anyone know anything of land banking or Walton International?

Cheers
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Here is some info for you. Hope it helps.
    http://ceres.ca.gov/planning/open_space/banking.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    ...Walton International?...
    Hi Wolfgang, my friend is working there as a land banking consultant. You can have her contact if you want it.
    Not buying any land I can't answer any queries you might have.

Hey guys,

thanks for the link and info. I'm also looking for feedback, compliments, complaints or otherwise as well...

Do share.

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Ya wolfie

I knew someone from Walton also. The concept is pretty straight forward. You buy into a plot of undeveloped land near the outskirts and they will sell it to developers at a higher price. You then get back your money.

Something like that... Oh yes, it's mainly for Canada only.

Cheers

isn't the investments going to be like for a few years?
    you won't know if the gov't would agree to let it be a commercial plot or not?

I was interested but still holding back as the initial investment or down payment is ard $7K to $15K depending on the offering of the project at the time. Typical monthly investment is ard $100 to $200 for like 7 to 20 years. The lastest I heard was a project that is cheaper in monthly investment but spans 20yrs! The returns is expected to be 100% to 150%.

It sounds a pretty sound investment but have not jump in yet. Sure beats interest rate from banks!

hmm... sounds pretty interesting... but how does tis thing work? are you dedicated to a particular piece of property upon the investment? or is it like some sort of Funds, that the Funds manager decide on what land to invest on?

No. They actually guarantee your money in a sense that you can get back the money anytime you want to sell it back to them. Given that property price appreciates in value over time, it is worth it for them.

You actually do get a title deed under your name...meaning that x acre of land belongs to you. When it is a good opportunity to sell, they will come back and ask all members to vote to sell. If it is in favor, they sell....

A few years back, my neighbour came to me and introduce Land Banking....here is what i can recall.

http://www.waltoninternational.com/

They buy a plot of land, split it into many acres for sale to investor (potential people like you & me), with title deed to your name. Only in Edmonton & Calgary areas in Canada.

Normally the plot of land is at the edge of the city centre, hoping that when the city expand, your piece of land increases in value. And according to them, they will have get approval from the city authorities on how they want to develop the land, and once approved, the land will cost more than when it is was. and in some cases, they may joint develop (that is to build the bldgs) with contractors... so this process takes from 3 to ??? years, depending on when you buy in.

then there is this voting things among the owners of the acres of land about when to sell la, or to joint develop or not, etc.

how safe is this investment??? you be the judge.

In fact, someone introduce me to buying 'private' oilfields. His brother is actively involved in the operation/investment of a oildfield.
    In US, I was told that if you strike oil, the field belongs to you, not to the Country.
    So they get surveyor to determine how many barrels of oil it has and all these are documented and audited. So you buy a share of the oilfield, so as they pump the oil and sell it, you get a share in the profit. And my friend claimed that he invested in it, and since the oildfield is already pumping oil, he received a cheque of a few US hundreds of dollars for his investment within 9 months.
    Last edited by Yeowww; 14th October 2004 at 07:27 PM.